Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:15:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confused about BFL. Can I or can't I buy their rigs?  (Read 2101 times)
szangvil (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:30:30 PM

I am interested in BitForce 5 GH/s SC, but I can't figure out their current status... do they ship now? if not, when? do they actually work?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 06:55:50 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No.

2. If not, when?
  They're slowly shipping out the 5 Gh/s models, but if you order now you'll be at the end of the line so it could be months before you receive a unit

3. Do they actually work?
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191058.0
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181849.0
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=188801.0
  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=188307.0

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:20:38 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No.
  They're slowly shipping out the 5 Gh/s models
Love how you just totally contradicted yourself.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
brucemangy

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:29:27 PM

I guess juggalodarkclow ...  wanted to emphasize the fact that they are VERY slowly shipping ... (considering the number of pre order).

they shipped what ... ten max twenty in the last 10 days ?

maybe they want to mine with them ... (yeah yeah testnet bla bla bla .... have to admit it is tempting ... before the difficulty get soooo high)
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:07:46 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No.

It is not contradicting.
They are not shipping the products to their customers, batches are not shipping just yet.
They have shipped samples very selectively for promotion.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:14:56 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No.
It is not contradicting.
They are not shipping the products to their customers, batches are not shipping just yet.
They have shipped samples very selectively for promotion.
And you just contradicted yourself as well! They are shipping samples, but not to customers? Seems to me that there are plenty of legitimate customers getting their units in that first batch.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 09:18:17 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 10:16:48 PM by Rampion

Crazyates, do you work for BFL?

The OP declared interest in buying a Bitforce 5GHs, and asked: do they ship now?

It's obvious that an unit bought now WILL NOT ship now. It will takes MONTHS to ship. That's the reality, no need to play games.

bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:15:08 PM

The OP declared interested in buying a Bitforce 5GHs, and asked: do they ship now?

It's obvious that an unit bought now WILL NOT ship now. It will takes MONTHS to ship. That's the reality, no need to play games.
BFL had more success in creating a cult than in creating products... and I guess they are well aware of it and exploiting it for their benefit.
That's how weak minds work: If they retract their decision it would be a tacit admittance of making a stupid decision, therefore they defend their bad decisions by all means possible, to the point that when all rational arguments are exhausted they appeal to fallacies and rhetorical devices to defend the indefensible.

This stupid human weakness is exploited a lot in the infamous Nigerian scams, and in many other type of scams.
They trapped people between impossible decisions, between correcting themselves and looking stupid or staying dumb and looking stubborn.
The latter resolution affects less their egos, so that's the road they take.

Nobody wants to admit to be wrong, and as long as that's the case, they will stay trapped in their mediocrity.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:28:52 PM

The OP declared interested in buying a Bitforce 5GHs, and asked: do they ship now?

BFL had more success in creating a cult than in creating products... and I guess they are well aware of it and exploiting it for their benefit.
That's how weak minds work: If they retract their decision it would be a tacit admittance of making a stupid decision, therefore they defend their bad decisions by all means possible, to the point that when all rational arguments are exhausted they appeal to fallacies and rhetorical devices to defend the indefensible.

This stupid human weakness is exploited a lot in the infamous Nigerian scams, and in many other type of scams.
They trapped people between impossible decisions, between correcting themselves and looking stupid or staying dumb and looking stubborn.

Nobody wants to admit to be wrong, and as long as that's the case, they will stay trapped in their mediocrity.

I also took a gamble with BFL. I knew it was a gamble, and I decided to take it anyway. I'm loosing, and I'm loosing twice because I decided to pay in BTC (it felt right to support BTC economy, now I know I was plainly stupid as they get fiat from Bitpay in any case).

But at the end of the day, I acknowledge this loss I wittingly exposed myself when taking this gamble, and I move on and I acknowledge I was mistaken. No need to have the Stockholm Syndrome. No need to tell to a new user "They are shipping now!" when he says that he is interested in buying a BFL miner today. Because that's a LIE. I feel better if others don't make the same mistake, it feels very unfair when I see how they still suck new users with the "we're shipping soon" BS.

Thus, I don't understand crazyates position, unless he is paid by BFL.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:41:33 PM

I also took a gamble with BFL. I knew it was a gamble, and I decided to take it anyway. I'm loosing, and I'm loosing twice because I decided to pay in BTC (it felt right to support BTC economy, now I know I was plainly stupid as they get fiat from Bitpay in any case).

But at the end of the day, I acknowledge this loss I wittingly exposed myself when taking this gamble, and I move on and I acknowledge I was mistaken. No need to have the Stockholm Syndrome. No need to tell to a new user "They are shipping now!" when he says that he is interested in buying a BFL miner today. Because that's a LIE. I feel better if others don't make the same mistake, it feels very unfair when I see how they still suck new users with the "we're shipping soon" BS.

No, I'm not paid by BFL. I just think it's funny when you state two opposites, and claim they're both true.

And Bits, you're assuming that I'm either A) too stupid or B) too delusional to see what's happening with BFL. Just like Rampion, I'm not happy. I haven't been happy for months. I also paid in BTC, so a refund would be a slap in the face. My only real option is to hold onto my early pre-orders, and mine those BTC back.

Do I wish I'd of bought from Avalon? Sure. Hell, I'm even thinking at this point my hundreds of BTC should have been used to buy GPU rigs! But hindsight is 20/20, and just because I still think of BFL as a legitimate business located in Kansas (who's now shipping the first of their ASICs) doesn't mean I'm retarded or ignorant or about to send my bank info to a Nigerian scammer.

Sorry buddy, but I've been hearing the same comments about BFL from people like you for over a year now, before they even announced ASICs. People still hated them back when they were only selling FPGAs, and what-do-ya-know their FPGA Singles have been hashing away nonstop since I bought them. After all the hate, I'm kind of sick of it.

Peleus

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:49:17 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No, your newly purchased unit will not ship now

2. If not, when?
  They're slowly shipping out the 5 Gh/s models, but if you order now you'll be at the end of the line so it could be months before you receive a unit

That suit your semantics crazyates?
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:50:36 PM

No, I'm not paid by BFL. I just think it's funny when you state two opposites, and claim they're both true.

And Bits, you're assuming that I'm either A) too stupid or B) too delusional to see what's happening with BFL. Just like Rampion, I'm not happy. I haven't been happy for months. I also paid in BTC, so a refund would be a slap in the face. My only real option is to hold onto my early pre-orders, and mine those BTC back.

Do I wish I'd of bought from Avalon? Sure. Hell, I'm even thinking at this point my hundreds of BTC should have been used to buy GPU rigs! But hindsight is 20/20, and just because I still think of BFL as a legitimate business located in Kansas (who's now shipping the first of their ASICs) doesn't mean I'm retarded or ignorant or about to send my bank info to a Nigerian scammer.

Sorry buddy, but I've been hearing the same comments about BFL from people like you for over a year now, before they even announced ASICs. People still hated them back when they were only selling FPGAs, and what-do-ya-know their FPGA Singles have been hashing away nonstop since I bought them. After all the hate, I'm kind of sick of it.

I am not saying that you are stupid or delusional, we can all be victims of such behaviors when the situation is right.
We all have egos to protect, we always make mistakes, and it is very hard to admit to be making them. Human nature.
And going back again to the topic, no, it is not contradicting.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 10:55:47 PM

I feel your pain (part in bold), it's the same for me too. Anyhow, this does not change the fact that its fair to tell clearly to new users that they won't get their units any time soon if they order now. This is a fact. If they were really shipping orders placed now, both you and me could order some Singles (which are very reasonably priced for their hashrate) and try to recoup our initial BTC investment paying in fiat for this new units. But no, we know that the Singles dont even exist yet, that our units could still take AGES to arrive, let's don't even imagine about an order placed TODAY.

We have to face reality... And ridiculous claims as per "they are shipping" are just confusing uninformed users, which can also be easily blinded by greed.

Lore

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:58:48 AM

We have to face reality... And ridiculous claims as per "they are shipping" are just confusing uninformed users, which can also be easily blinded by greed.

Yes, the fact they are now listed as "shipping" here is rediculous too:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

To be fair I don't really consider Avalon to be "shipping" either, but I can cut them slack since they are not actively taking unlimited orders and their website and advertising doesn't draw you to make an impulse buy.  After being away from the bitcoin scene for awhile, the only reason I'm not on a BFL waiting list is because when I read the fine print about no refunds for any reason, I thought WTF? and decided to do some investigating.
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

1. Do they ship now?
  No, your newly purchased unit will not ship now

2. If not, when?

Pretty much this.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:29:16 PM

When you order now, you'll receive a nice paperweight when it arrives.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: