Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:30:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanna Cry Associated Bitcoin Wallet's Transactions Monitoring  (Read 2319 times)
Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 05:04:26 PM

I couldn't find this thing posted here on this forum but I just came across a twitter bot which is monitoring bitcoin wallet transactions which are related to the ransomware attack going around.

Actual ransom - https://twitter.com/actual_ransom

This is not my bot and I am not sure, how real time it is but I am sharing this for those who are curious about it.

Also, request you all to share this article published on The Hacker news to make your friends and relatives aware of this attack and precautions to take.

What is WannaCry? How to Protect your Computer from WannaCry Ransomware? .

Stay updated, stay secure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:23:32 AM

Yikes, read the article, this is super nasty. Since it spreads without having to click anything, this means that I put myself in danger simply by going online, right?
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:36:47 AM

I couldn't find this thing posted here on this forum but I just came across a twitter bot which is monitoring bitcoin wallet transactions which are related to the ransomware attack going around.

This is not my bot and I am not sure, how real time it is but I am sharing this for those who are curious about it.

Also, request you all to share this article published on The Hacker news to make your friends and relatives aware of this attack and precautions to take.

Thanks for sharing.It is unfortunate that bitcoin has become favorite for hackers to accept ransom and it happened at the time when bitcoin has started getting recognition from governments.
I hope it doesn't affect bitcoin negatively.

Dudeperfect (OP)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 04:11:36 AM

Status of WannaCry wallets: 49.60319339 BTC ($116,542.52) 302 payments, 0 withdraws Last payment: 2017-05-23 at 01:40 PM ET - Credits : actual_ransom

I am happy that hackers couldn't generate more than 50 bitcoins in this global attack. I am not sure but this attack could be the reason that many people came to know about bitcoin (the number of news coverage about bitcoin increased after this attack). What are your views folks?
g27wr

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

I like guns.

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:24:36 AM

Status of WannaCry wallets: 49.60319339 BTC ($116,542.52) 302 payments, 0 withdraws Last payment: 2017-05-23 at 01:40 PM ET - Credits : actual_ransom

I am happy that hackers couldn't generate more than 50 bitcoins in this global attack. I am not sure but this attack could be the reason that many people came to know about bitcoin (the number of news coverage about bitcoin increased after this attack). What are your views folks?

That's just one address. They've generated a ton more than that.

MissGrey

Activity: 201
Merit: 194

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:23:48 AM

Probably yes, because people had no other choice that learn about Bitcoin and search how to use it if they would want to recover some important information. A way unpleasant for know Bitcoin. 
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:30:28 AM

Do they actually unlock the computers of people who pay?  It is a pretty easy business, and scary too when you don't have to open any dumb emails, or click on any links.

I think it shows the importance of having your bitcoin secure. You need to be able to access them even if you lose your computer, and the hacker/thief needs not to be able to get to them too.

It doesn't seem to have hurt Bitcoin much, looking at the price, but i think people will associate Bitcoin more with crime when they see viruses like this.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:40:49 AM

just place this code in your first post and it automatically updates the balance of each address, hence monitoring the transactions:
Code:
[img]http://btc-priceimg.herokuapp.com/balance/<address>[/img]

are we sure all of this 49BTC is really payment that people made and not just the scammers sending some bitcoin to the wallets to convince victims that others are paying?!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: