May 15, 2017, 05:51:46 PM

The saturation of demand is the answer.

NSFW VKcams.com #巨乳 #大胸部 #큰 가슴
daj

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

It's not realistic at all. With the rise of certain altcoins with a purpose which do things much faster & better I see Bitcoin if anything dying off as people choose to invest in other coins.
cryptomium

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:12:59 PM

If 500k USD prediction is a dream then the 1m USD prediction is an impossible dream .  I doubt that bitcoin will reach even 100k USD with full saturation.  There is always competion and resistant to the price.  Aside from that regulations alway butt in whenever something inflates too much.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1323

I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:24:23 PM

But fews months ago no one would have expected that bitcoin was about to rise it's pice by 1.000$ and it has really happened

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:25:57 PM

I'd say it would be possible, but very unlikely.

If comparing to USD, I would think that the only way for it to be worth $1M would be if the US Dollar experiences hyperinflation.

On top of that, it would need to be adopted worldwide as a legitimate currency for payments.
btcforall777

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:31:45 PM

If comparing to USD, I would think that the only way for it to be worth $1M would be if the US Dollar experiences hyperinflation.

On top of that, it would need to be adopted worldwide as a legitimate currency for payments.

um the US will experience Venezuela style hyperinflation for printing trillions in $$$ out of thin air. its just a matter of time. and watch bitcoin explode!
webcam_models hiring

Activity: 178
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:37:16 PM

and watch bitcoin explode!

Do You watch the exchange rate online right now?

freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:41:55 PM

um the US will experience Venezuela style hyperinflation for printing trillions in $$$ out of thin air. its just a matter of time. and watch bitcoin explode!

One would think so.  During QE...I think #3...they were printing over a trillion dollars a year, and during this time, the USD gained strength against my local currency (CDN) lol

Net importer of goods, net exporter of fiat including that inflation.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:50:25 PM

With inflation and Bitcoin's continued existence it's inevitable.

With today's buying power, golly that's a stretch. However by the magic of market cap it could arrive tomorrow if people stopped selling.
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:54:08 PM

and what if they "discoveredd" a new form of bitcoin mining? that would definately rise prices again

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:00:17 PM

There's no way to predict the future. But one way to figure out how realistic it may be is to do some math to see what levels of adoption would be needed for the demand to drive the price to those levels.

We have an estimate X bitcoin owners today and Y bitcoins outstanding/mined and Z price per bitcoin.

So there's a relationship between X and Y to Z. If you change Z to $500,000 or $1,000,000 and solve for X you can find out how much adoption and demand would be needed. To get even more precise you should change the level of Y to reflect a future supply of bitcoin that would be higher than it is today, the effect of which will slow the price growth to adoption rate a bit.

The real challenge in the math is estimate how many users there are. There isn't good data on this, however we do have good data on the number of wallets open (currently at about 13.5 million).

Even if you google "how many people use bitcoin" you'll get an incredibly wide range of answers. In this case, take the lowest and highest estimates and create a range for your math.

Once you have a range based on the math you can determine how likely (or not likely) it is to reach that range of adoption to drive the price to $500,000 to $1M.

Maybe there's 10M bitcoin owners today. Could that number get to 100M? Absolutely, and if supply did not change than that would (in theory) raise the bitcoin price by 10 (so $20,000). Assuming no increase in supply, but another 10 fold increase in owners from 100M to 1B we (in theory) could have a bitcoin price of $200,000.  We're only a fifth of the way to a $1M price per coin and we need just less than a fifth of the world's population to get there. This also assumes that each user maintains their current holdings and isn't buying more.

Another assumption to factor in (and one that makes reaching the price beyond this basic math more feasible) is considering how many businesses own bitcoin. Businesses can drive the price way up because they often have greater resources to buy the coin!

The discussion can get quite fun when we start talking about the math!
Csmiami
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:06:28 PM

There's no way to predict the future. But one way to figure out how realistic it may be is to do some math to see what levels of adoption would be needed for the demand to drive the price to those levels.

We have an estimate X bitcoin owners today and Y bitcoins outstanding/mined and Z price per bitcoin.

So there's a relationship between X and Y to Z. If you change Z to $500,000 or $1,000,000 and solve for X you can find out how much adoption and demand would be needed. To get even more precise you should change the level of Y to reflect a future supply of bitcoin that would be higher than it is today, the effect of which will slow the price growth to adoption rate a bit.

The real challenge in the math is estimate how many users there are. There isn't good data on this, however we do have good data on the number of wallets open (currently at about 13.5 million).

Even if you google "how many people use bitcoin" you'll get an incredibly wide range of answers. In this case, take the lowest and highest estimates and create a range for your math.

Once you have a range based on the math you can determine how likely (or not likely) it is to reach that range of adoption to drive the price to $500,000 to $1M.

Maybe there's 10M bitcoin owners today. Could that number get to 100M? Absolutely, and if supply did not change than that would (in theory) raise the bitcoin price by 10 (so $20,000). Assuming no increase in supply, but another 10 fold increase in owners from 100M to 1B we (in theory) could have a bitcoin price of $200,000.  We're only a fifth of the way to a $1M price per coin and we need just less than a fifth of the world's population to get there. This also assumes that each user maintains their current holdings and isn't buying more.

Another assumption to factor in (and one that makes reaching the price beyond this basic math more feasible) is considering how many businesses own bitcoin. Businesses can drive the price way up because they often have greater resources to buy the coin!

And with supply are you taking availability into account? The maximum number of 23M bitcoins circulating around the world

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:43:01 PM

And with supply are you taking availability into account? The maximum number of 23M bitcoins circulating around the world

21M Bitcoin.

In regards to this discussion, if you would have told me back in 2010 that Bitcoin would be worth $1,000 one day, I would have laughed.

I've got friends that have adopted Bitcoin when the ticket was XBT and some even before that. Some mistakes were made along the way, such as spending or selling them at $25-50... while a few of them held on and are now Bitcoin millionaires.

My dumbass never got in because I didn't have the intuition at the time... but I got in under $300 so I'm not doing too bad.

Is $500k a possibility? Yes, it is. Is $1MM? Absolutely. Is it likely to happen? I firmly believe so.

Why? Because fiat currency is almost obsolete. Even credit card and digital payments are almost the "norm" for fiat currency spending. There's nowhere for currency to evolve into besides digital currency.

It's all about adapting to technology... remember when apple released the iPhone 7 without a headphone jack, and everyone complained and said that was the biggest mistake that Apple made? Yeah, look at the sales. I'm typing this on my 7 right now.

Technology scares people because it's new and something they don't often understand. Bitcoin is the same way. I think where we are at with BTC is that people don't understand it just yet, but the global hype is peaking their interest about it. Once we approach 'critical mass' the price and availability will be dependent on the demand of the available supply. Once the last btc has been mined, that's it. Supply is capped. It's not like fiat currency that can be printed for no good reason.

$500k per BTC? Yup. Definitely a possibility. Probably not for a good couple decades, but definitely possible.

Oh. But the transactions and confirmation issues need to be dealt with. Fuck a hard fork, start with a soft fork and see how else to adapt thereafter.

canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:47:15 PM

Not realistic at all imo, the maximum is probably about a tenth that, 100k$ and its far from a sure thing it will ever reach that high.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:52:35 PM

Not realistic at all imo, the maximum is probably about a tenth that, 100k$ and its far from a sure thing it will ever reach that high.

I agree with you that its not possible to achieve the price in millions in future as that seems to be an unrealistic value to expect from bitcoins and even I don't think that it can achieve the price of $100k and maximum I see bitcoin going to $10k not more then that.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:55:13 PM

With the way Bitcoin developers and the community are acting, a solid no.

webcam_models hiring

Activity: 178
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:59:18 PM

I see bitcoin going to $10k not more then that.

What You see it in this moment?

jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:01:57 PM

No. Keep it in your dream. Bitcoin can never surge pass that price because it is not as good as it needs to be to reach $1000000. Therefore, I think bitcoin can only reach $15000 maximum. Dont try to think that it will get even higher. Other altcoins will take its place. I can guarantee that

surix

Activity: 274

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:13:00 PM

With the current trend, 2k target is very likely, 4K is quite likely in 2018. 10k may be possible before 2020 if capacity issues are solved successfully and main stream start to accept it.
If I remember well, 6k bitcoin price equal to 1% of investment in gold flow into BTC.
Anything beyond that means BTC must be hugely successful and the whole world in looking to buy it, like in the unfortunate situation of war or collapse of a major currency.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███