Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:07:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bitcoin core crashing every time i download the blockchain  (Read 304 times)
pinballdude (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:00:13 AM

Hi all,

At this moment i have the 14.1 client installed and i take backups of the chain to backup up the progress because it keeps crashing because it cant read something or because the db is corrupt.
I tried a clean download too. same shit happens over and over.

any ideas?

i've got windows 10 64 bit and i figured i would run a fullnode too, just because.

The program has already crashed twice, with nothing remotely resembling a human friendly error message, like, what it was it could not read (or where). it just crashes with various very generic messages. This is the only program that crashes regularily on my pc and i have no idea why, because the error messages are too generic like "cannot read database"  hey! how about also writing on what drive, and in what dir, and what went wrong..

i don't feel like i would dare to trust this software with my bitcoins when it can't even bootstrap itself from the net, when it doesn't even seem to know itself why it crashes.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6737

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 02:07:04 AM

i've got windows 10 64 bit and i figured i would run a fullnode too, just because.

The program has already crashed twice, with nothing remotely resembling a human friendly error message, like, what it was it could not read (or where). it just crashes with various very generic messages. This is the only program that crashes regularily on my pc and i have no idea why, because the error messages are too generic like "cannot read database"  hey! how about also writing on what drive, and in what dir, and what went wrong..

i don't feel like i would dare to trust this software with my bitcoins when it can't even bootstrap itself from the net, when it doesn't even seem to know itself why it crashes.
First of all, don't hijack someone else's threads with your own issues.

Secondly, all of the important error information ends up in the debug.log file found in the Bitcoin Core datadir, not in the error dialogs. If it is crashing regularly, you may have a hardware failure somewhere as Bitcoin Core is known to be very hardware intensive. However the software itself can't tell you that, it just knows that it tried to read from the database and got back garbage that it wasn't expecting. And it does know why it crashes, it couldn't read the database. Why that happened, it does not and cannot know.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: