Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitChicken - The new social Bitcoin game  (Read 3117 times)
cilphex (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:40:38 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 08:14:47 AM by cilphex

Hey everyone.  I'm not well known on the forums here but I've got a new service to announce, and I hope you'll all lend me your ears.  Or eyes.  Or sensing instrument of choice.

I am very happy to announce the launch of a new, fun Bitcoin game called BitChicken.  You can check it out here:

https://www.bitchicken.com

The Game

There is a very fun game you can play right now with people immediately around you.  We call it Chicken.  Everyone picks a number, and the person who wins is the person whose number is closest to 1.25 times the average of everyone's number.

It's fun because you're not placing a random bet against an algorithm, you're trying to guess what everybody else will do.  At the same time, they're estimating what you will do.  So the reverb is endless; you're estimating them estimating you estimating them estimating you...  And on top of that, your own guess affects the average.

We love to play this game as a fun psychological exercise.  We thought it would be even more fun to turn it into a real game that anyone can play using bitcoins.

In our version, your guess is placed with a bitcoin transaction.  The person whose amount is closest to 1.25 times the average of all the wagers, collects all of them as a prize.  The chicken takes 1.9%, and the losers receive receipts in the form of a fraction of the remaining 0.1%.

Anonymous and Instant

1) You can play BitChicken without creating an account, just like SatoshiDice

2) It's not like a lottery where you have to wait until the end of the month or end of the day for everything to go through.  The game executes as soon as 5 players enter guesses.  (If you enter a game that doesn't get enough guesses, your coins will be sent back when the game expires.)

Play with strangers or with friends

BitChicken is a public game you play with strangers, but you can also create private games that follow your own unique rules.  In my opinion, private games are the most fun part of the site, because you can play with people you know.

When you create a private game, you can:

1) Choose the number of players (up to 1000)
2) Select a higher minimum bid
3) Set the target (e.g. 1.5 times the average instead of 1.25)

After you create a private game, you share the game url with your friends so they can place bets.  Go check it out, you'll see how it works.  You can anonymously create a private game right now without repercussion; if you don't get people to play, it'll just expire and close.

Chat with other players, pseudonymously

As you'll see in the bottom-right of the site, there is an expandable chat window.  When you open it, you're automatically assigned a randomly generated pseudonym.  This pseudonym will stick with you as you use the site from that same computer.  This way you can maintain a presence to have fun and chat with other users, while still remaining unknown.

Private games have their own chat rooms embedded in them, so you can taunt, tease, psych-out, or otherwise influence other players.  Or say whatever.

At any time, you can hit the refresh button to generate a new random screen name.

Fun

If you don't want to take a 50% chance against an algorithm at SatoshiDice, but would get a real kick out of a high-stakes game directly with another person you know, BitChicken is for you.  Or if you just think you're smarter than everyone else and can best predict what they'll, you'll have a blast.

I'm in

Me and my teammates have played the first few games, but to help jumpstart the service, I will continuously be placing bets in the regular BitChicken game as well as creating private games and inviting players here from the forum to them.  I'd really love to play with you guys, and I'd like to donate a few hundred dollars through these initial games to have that happen.

I may have forgotten some interesting or key information, but if you have any questions, please ask here!  You can find additional helpful information in the FAQ on the BitChicken website.  I may update this post later to include more information.

Quick note #1: Just like SatoshiDice, if the Bitcoin service you're using doesn't provide information necessary for sending back funds, your guess could be lost to the void.  It works perfectly fine with blockchain.info and coinbase, however a guess sent from MtGox was lost while testing.  This seems to be the same as SatoshiDice.

Quick note #2: The site was tested in the most recent versions of Chrome and Firefox (v20), so it should work perfectly well in those.  Anything else might be a little messy, I don't know.

The site: https://www.bitchicken.com

Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/TheBitChicken

And finally, please have fun and ask questions / leave comments!

Thanks,

C

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cilphex (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:30:14 PM

So who wants to play?  I'd love to create a private game with maybe 5 players or so.  If you post here saying you're in, I'll invite you.

If you have reservations, you don't have to bet, the game will just expire.  That would however leave the people who did bet kind of hanging until they get their payment refunded.
talnted

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

www.bitcoingem.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:31:02 PM

Why did the BitChicken cross the road?

The Original and Most Popular Gem Game: www.bitcoingem.com
Over 800+ BTC Paid Out!  1110+ Buyers of the Gem!
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:47:36 PM

Why did the BitChicken cross the road?

To get to the other blockchain.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: