Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin *A Game Changer*  (Read 1308 times)
CoinFoxs (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:26:26 AM

Do you think bitcoin is a Game Changer? If yes then enlist your reasons?

For me:

1.Bitcoin changes financial condition of many people who don't have any source of income before joining bitcoin.
2. It give platform to investor to get high profit by investing money.
3. Many people start their business offline by earning from bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:29:36 AM

It is a game changer, and one reason is enough to explain why: financial freedom. It allows us to break free from banks, it allows us to be our own bank. Even if Bitcoin dies, its ideas will still be here and I'm hoping that in a not too distant future we can stop using banks entirely. This in itself is a really big game changer, it changes something that was simply "just like this" for years
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

1.Bitcoin changes financial condition of many people who don't have any source of income before joining bitcoin.
bitcoin is just money and people who can make money will make bitcoin too and vice versa. bitcoin doesn't change anything about it.

a trader trades anything, bitcoin, altcoin, forex, stocks, gold and makes money from all of them.

this also can be done with fiat. if you can run a business you can do it with bitcoin too. and vice versa.

in short none of your reasons sound to me like any "game changer".

however, if you see bitcoin as this decentralized cryptocurrency that you can use safely and without needing any banks or any third party for that matter, then you start getting closer to the meaning of "game changer" and all the things you listed can be somewhat true.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:49:22 AM

For me:

1 Bitcoin doesnt changes the financial condition of people, It is only true for early adopters, Which has happened already. I still believe it will change the situation of some people as we have yet to reach the mass adoption...
I agree with you that it is a platform for big investors to play god. They can literally pump and dump as much as they want, making tons of cash in the process.

Bitcoin is a game changer in many ways, Like For Example, worldwide almost instant transactions, low fees, can't be taxed, Decentralized the list goes on. But in the end it will always depend on how the end user uses it. It will be a game changer for an average joe and a drug lord. bitcoin will always have the two sides, that's why governments are so worried about it.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:56:08 AM

I am one example of those people. I do not have any credit card or access to internet banking/money back then. I always wanted to create my own website with top-level domain but I couldn't as I do not have 'money' to purchase domain online. I was forced to use domain that people do not know of or feel scammy such as .tk, .ml and other free sub domains.

Bitcoin changed my online life. With Bitcoin (and signature campaign), I am able to purchase top-level domain from Namecheap and hence creating a more creditable website. To add on, it enable me to start my own online businesses. As a Legendary member, been in the Bitcoin world for many years, I have never purchase any Bitcoin but it totally changed my online lifestyle.

TLDR; Bitcoin gave me a head start in my career.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:17:43 AM

how about some real game changers:
1. decentralized and peer to peer.
nobody can block your account, take your money, tell you how to use or not use it. where to use it,...
nobody can change it without the whole network agreeing to the change.

2. 100% secure and unhackable.
all the systems such as credit cards,... have been hacked numerous times. bitcoin IS NOT hackable and they have been trying for 8 years.

3. privacy.
as in you not needing to give all your documents and pictures,etc to the merchant just to buy something with your money. and also a certain level of anonymity.

4. irreversible transactions.
this gives the merchants the security they have always wanted while using payment systems such as paypal (with charge back and fraud) and credit cards (with lots of hacks and fraud).

5. open source

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:53:12 AM

personally... having a quick access in crypto currency exchange markets, It has changed the whole new concepts and creating more opportunities to those who wants to invest / trade in order to earn some extra cash for small and big time businesses. But for me, as its intended use, Bitcoin gives me a quick and secured online transactions. I just have concerns with high fluctuations on price, it is very unhealthy on the market nowadays...

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:19:13 PM

For me:

1. I think they're just lucky i mean they the early adopter who bought bitcoin when the price was really low and selling them when the price is high, some of them got bitcoin from other activities like selling or offering something.
2. Investing in bitcoin is a good though, as we can see in recently years bitcoin showing good progress as an investment.
3. Back to point 1 those who sucess in bitcoin are mostly early adopter that's why they can open their bussiness in real life.
As for me "decentralized" and "simplicity" no one control your money even the government, you have ultimate control over them and one more thing you can't be taxed.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

Another "feature" of bitcoin is that confirmed transaction can not be reversed... This is an important feature of a trustless system. I once thought of buying alt-coins, but after reversal of ethereum's blockchain after the DAO case, I am not convinced by any other altcoins...
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:47:54 PM

Only in the field of gambling Cheesy

As far as I have seen by using bitcoin sole purpose of it is Gambling and to buy stuff without being traced.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:53:36 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 09:30:28 PM by TravelMug

Some game changer for me:

1. It provide me a extra money in the pocket.
2. I can play online gambling without any hassle of giving out personal information
3. You can do trading and make profit
4. You can invest in bitcoin as store of value
5. Another option for sending remittances
6. Option for online payment

I think this is some of the game changer for me personally.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bouren

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:01:08 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 02:24:10 PM by bouren

Yes, Bitcoin is indeed a game changer. It is now $30 billion worth of economy in its own.

Generally external job environment is not very supportive for newcomers especially teens. Bitcoin has removed this bar and emerged as a lucrative mean to earn for almost every age group. Along with earning, bitcoin as an investment as you mentioned is also a game changer. If we read the articles of present day investment gurus, most of them do allocate certain proportion of their investment money to bitcoin. Bitcoin performance as an asset is unmatchable.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:02:52 PM

I fully agree that bitcoin has been a fundamental game changer, but probably not there where one thought it would be.  It is not so much the "payment system" that is the game changer.  Yes, you can transact value with bitcoin.  But essentially, you're *mostly* still jumping in and out of bitcoin before and after transaction, through centralized exchanges, and bank accounts.  Sure, you can occasionally buy something with bitcoin.  Yes, you can sell something for bitcoin.  But, apart from dark markets, this is not where it was a game changer.

The *real* game changer that bitcoin brought, was that, together with alt coins, this has brought highly speculative finance directly to the common of mortals including those with a lot of money but no serious access to regulated finance.  Highly speculative finance is not the exclusive domain of financial institutions any more, and the common of mortals can now access a world of hard speculation through a simple exchange, without any rules, and doesn't need the controlled and expensive access through financial institutions any more.  A whole NEW SPECULATIVE FINANCE world is born with bitcoin and alt coins ; one where relatively important fortunes can be made and destroyed with much higher volatility than in the wildest of dreams in the front rooms of big financial institutions.

Bitcoin has liberated financial speculation from being locked up in the world of regulated big finance, and brought a very raw form to the mere mortals.  THIS is where bitcoin has been a game changer ; especially with the relatively high market caps around that allow to gamble big money.

To me, this is quite ironic, as Bitcoins' genesis block contains a reference to the banking crisis of 2007-2008, which was the result of too risky speculation.  People have taken this as a critique of the speculative financial institutions, but in fact, bitcoin was the start of a much wilder speculative adventure, that is only beginning, now that bitcoin is "averaging out" with alt coins, making for a REALLY WILD gambler's market, far beyond the wildness of what brought us the crisis of 2007 (or of 1929, for that matter).  Watch it grow to unseen heights.

espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:05:05 PM

For me:

All of the above are based on bitcoins price going up, is it still going to be a game changer when the price moves sideways for several years or even crashes?

Another "feature" of bitcoin is that confirmed transaction can not be reversed... This is an important feature of a trustless system. I once thought of buying alt-coins, but after reversal of ethereum's blockchain after the DAO case, I am not convinced by any other altcoins...

This is the only real thing that makes it a game changer, its the only current method of online payment that is truly irreversible.
gordoh

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:12:03 PM

Bitcoin is definitely a game changer. It has pretty much paved the way for a completely anonymous decentralized currency and while it is far from perfect, it is the pioneer. Other crypto currencies are following in Bitcoins footsteps and will be better and maybe in time stronger than Bitcoin. I don't believe bitcoin will ever disappear or become irrelevant but there will be other coins going forward.

genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:18:12 PM

If bitcoin is only identified with a game changer I think our insights are too narrow. I think bitcoin not only changed a few people but brought new changes to the world Cheesy
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:23:20 PM

For me:

Definitely Bitcoin is a game changer, it has completely revelotinized the life of the people who use it and brings tremendous benefits with them. For me I have got lot fitter thanks to it, cause was able to my self a fitbit charge 2. Then I have read somewhere a person brought a house, not sure how it was though. Secondly thanks to it we have this forum where people discuss about gambling and how to Win or be safe from it, plus the price rise is a bonus. In all ways Bitcoin is the best thing that could have happened to humanity.
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:43:30 PM

I believe the importance of bitcoin to people differs thats why there are conflicting opinions as to whether its a game changer or not especially the financial aspect of OP's statement. For me, its still a game changer and for individuals who have wanted to offer their services outside the shores of their locality and can still do that and earning some amount of money. People offering their services and get paid, still amount to something as well. That is something that makes the difference.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:49:49 PM

For me:

Depends on where you are pertaining to because there are field on which bitcoin would be a game changer when we are on talking about online payments it is really a game changer because it can beat up many services on this field but when we are talking about currency aspect on global then this would really be hard thing because it wont really be considered at all.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:56:58 PM

For me:

yes, bitcoin changes the life of each and everyone, it help us in all our needs and it help us grow a little bussiness as well, we can start a bussiness from our earnings with this, bitcoin is a life changer to everyone, it teaches us a lesson too, for example when we get greedy on something , we can lose everything so we need to be contended on our everything.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: