Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:52:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's hot.  (Read 1095 times)
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:14:52 AM

Sucking on ice cubes really helps cool down your body.
As does drinking ice cold beers.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:05:27 AM

Damned, those temperatures.
Here is the minimum temp 8c and maximum temp 11c outside Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:41:35 AM

Switched on the A/C yesterday... kind of shocked it still works. Before I bought the house, the bank owned it. They apparently don't do jack-shit in research on the people they hire for maintenance. Lawn maintenance people managed to cut through both the solid copper (and fairly thick!) A/C wire and the cheap vinyl siding (they pretty severely cut the siding, and that was a big PitA to get back on right -- still haven't done one of the corners). They cut out a big section of the wire, so I used cheap copper-strand wire and aluminum connectors to keep it going, since that's what I had on-hand. So far, nothing terrible's happened. Temperatures on the connectors are fine and it's pulling exactly as much electricity as it should.

I suffered through a >105*F Summer in PA 2 or 3 years ago without A/C (took naps in the car for "sleep" on the hottest weeks). Now it's a decent 78*F indoors and have a window unit waiting in the garage if the rusty old central unit craps out. Don't have a bunch of GPU miners, now (it'd get over 130*F ambient in mining room before with a bunch of box fans moving air in and out of the house -- was basically like being in a dehydrator with 15 MPH winds -- I'd smoke in there and lose about 80% of the tobacco to the wind smoking it for me), so at least I'm not combating wasted energy in the form of heat with a fairly powerful window unit going full-blast which couldn't even get temps to what they were outside. Definitely wish I set the gardens up to automatically water before the Summer heat came, though.

Oh yea, you moved to some place in Indiana, didn't you? If I recall correctly, you were looking to rent or buy in Indiana.
Wanted to. Michigan houses/land were about half-price, though.... too tempting to pass up.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 01:44:08 AM

12C outside, 19C inside.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 03:25:16 AM

88F here...fortunately I work at night. In my air conditioned CHU during the day.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:38:42 AM

Why can't summer just fuck off and die? I swear the only thing I find pleasant about it is getting distracted by the cute girls everything else is extremely unpleasant and causes me headaches or gives me hayfever, I'll be glad if global warming happens as people predict and causes a new ice age if it means an end to the damn summer.

As attractive the cute girls may be, I assure you getting distracted by them is not pleasant. Some of us need to get some work done Tongue.

Also, have you considered moving north (or south, as the case may be)? Real estate in Nunavut is likely to appreciate in value, so now's a good time to buy.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 08:53:10 AM

I will admit, I have nearly crashed a few times in summer, I can't help but look, especially when they're jogging >_< Cheesy Yeah, girls won't know what I'm talking about LOL Tongue
1bettor.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:53:08 PM

85 out, almost time to kayak!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: