Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:28:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple announces XRP lockup, locking up as many as 88% of its current XRP.  (Read 2726 times)
ParabellumLite (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:28:47 PM

Link:

http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency/
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:31:27 PM

This is great news and I suddenly trust Ripple alot more than I used to. I'm currently going to hoard some ripple for myself. I'm also curious how this will affect the price of ripple since it already has been in a really big uptrend.
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:34:00 PM

They can still release 12% immediately as well as being able to release a portion of those 88% every month. They were never going to flood the market as that would crash the price so this is the smartest way to do it for them to maximize their return.

I think most ripple fans will see this as good news but I see it as the opposite.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:39:36 PM

This is great news and I suddenly trust Ripple alot more than I used to. I'm currently going to hoard some ripple for myself. I'm also curious how this will affect the price of ripple since it already has been in a really big uptrend.

This is hilarious.  Cheesy

A centralized entity ..a corporation says that and you think it's good ? WOW  Roll Eyes

Since they decided to do what ever they want when ever they want.. what is stopping them from uhh
Doing what ever they want when ever they want ? ahhahahhahaha

In other words taking their word for things or trusting them is utterly pointless beyond comprehension.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:57:40 PM

Its called a Pump and Dump.
Pump it then announce you Dump (release) 1b a month, classical.

Ripple tard will tell you it is normal natural growth. 

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
yelllowsin

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:01:09 PM

Read between the lines, they are not locking it forever. 1 billion XRP will be available for them each month so they can dump it slowly into the market.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:57:41 PM

So many billions of Ripple make me feel too scared now to invest in it especially after the recent price hikes. I am not sure where it is going but for those who got in early and are very much in profit this could be good news. I am not sure though that entering at this point in the Ripple market would be a beneficial move.  I could be wrong though and it may moon even further afield.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
dwgscale11

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:01:23 PM

You all are suckers to buy into this blatant scam.
g___

Activity: 273

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:18:23 PM

as opposed to buying into...?
SoMuchDerp

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:32:06 PM

as opposed to buying into...?

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that will help continue to grow the innovations that decentralized cryptocurrency makes possible? Or we could continue to divert all funds to a centralized company and slowly bleed out until they have satisfactorily crippled the promise of a future that includes financial freedom.

Won't it be great when FinCEN orders Ripple to require their already AML/KYC customers to be Accredited investors? Then we can go back to the good old days before Bitcoin, when only those with a million dollars in their savings account get to invest in startups? Yeah, digital Fiat will be awesome. We should definitely buy into this scheme.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

So many billions of Ripple make me feel too scared now to invest in it especially after the recent price hikes. I am not sure where it is going but for those who got in early and are very much in profit this could be good news. I am not sure though that entering at this point in the Ripple market would be a beneficial move.  I could be wrong though and it may moon even further afield.

I agree, this price hike is surely a bubble, billions of coins to be release in series, that is what we called epic dump with consent since supporters even agree and happy with it Grin.  They said it is deflationary, deflationary what? Burning 0.0000001 every transaction? ugh...  just imagin how many transaction it needs to burn  1 whole XRP.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
g___

Activity: 273

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 09:59:17 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 10:11:09 PM by g___

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that will help continue to grow the innovations that decentralized cryptocurrency makes possible?

you act as if ripple is the only thing which exists... you have choices. the entire point of business is competition. just because you're a crypto anarchist who doesn't believe in their vision/direction, doesn't equate them to a scam, fraud, pyramid scheme... they provide a solution to a problem, as other coins do for other things. you can stick to bitcoin or seashells, no one cares what you do.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:51:58 PM

Oh, I don't know, maybe something that will help continue to grow the innovations that decentralized cryptocurrency makes possible?

you act as if ripple is the only thing which exists... you have choices. the entire point of business is competition. just because you're a crypto anarchist who doesn't believe in their vision/direction, doesn't equate them to a scam, fraud, pyramid scheme... they provide a solution to a problem, as other coins do for other things. you can stick to bitcoin or seashells, no one cares what you do.

You make a fair point here but I think a lot of people are missing the fact that XRP is a very small and highly speculative part of the solution that the company, Ripple, provides. The prospectus that they are currently providing banks emphasizes Interledger and to even my surprise they completely removed any mention of XRP as part of the solutions they offer. I do realize that people involved in interledger are using XRP to do tests and whatnot but people are continuing to conflate XRP token with Ripple tech.

https://ripple.com/files/ripple_solutions_guide.pdf

Edit: Seriously, please go through all 26 pages of this guide. It is a redraft of their 2016 guide and XRP is removed from it. You can see each individual use case broken down in detail as it was before. But this time around they no longer are presenting the token XRP for use. They have been mentioning the RCL separately as another product in which banks may be able to be market makers procuring XRP for use as a bridge currency but it no longer seems to be the focus. It is all there and plain to see, nothing to refute about it at this point. If I were deep in XRP at this point I'd take the time to really dig in to what the facts are surrounding the token XRP and it's future. No doubt that Ripple, the company, is doing well. It just remains to be seen how many of the speculative claims about XRPs actual use will pan out.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:39:05 PM

Read between the lines, they are not locking it forever. 1 billion XRP will be available for them each month so they can dump it slowly into the market.

If they can lock, they can unlock

In BTC, it would take the majority of millions of users, to change market cap

Ripple have Admin privileges so they can do what they want; worst case they create XRP 2.0 (perhaps when they get national security letter because Iranian banks own XRP) and abandon the old XRP or something like this.  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:49:59 PM

Ripple have Admin privileges so they can do what they want; worst case they create XRP 2.0 (perhaps when they get national security letter because Iranian banks own XRP) and abandon the old XRP or something like this.  Grin

Or one Jihan Wu saying: "This it, to the BU miners! 51% Attack on BitCoin!". Impressive whole BTC faith in some random Chinese miner Cheesy ROFL
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:48:39 AM

Or one Jihan Wu saying: "This it, to the BU miners! 51% Attack on BitCoin!". Impressive whole BTC faith in some random Chinese miner Cheesy ROFL

Wrong topic. Since you bring it up, first they need 51% and even then if most nodes, users, exchanges and infrastructure doesn't follow their chain it essentially becomes an altcoin no different than the hundreds of other Bitcoin clones out there. This is the reality based on sentiment. Financial suicide for Jihan Wu. It is advantageous to threaten a hostile fork, but not viable. What does any of this have to do with XRP?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1456

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:00:04 AM

Its called a Pump and Dump.
Pump it then announce you Dump (release) 1b a month, classical.

Ripple tard will tell you it is normal natural growth. 

I will quote the article here in case someone tries to argue against it. Please look at the quote below. This is a signal from the team of Ripple themselves that they will be selling 1 billion XRP a month. The only good I see about it is at least they have made everything transparent to everyone what they want to do. Maybe it is also a needed public announcement to protect themselves from the SEC.

To help give potential future XRP owners certainty that the market won't be flooded with this trove of cryptocurrecy, Ripple built 55 smart contracts using its own escrow feature released for public used in March, each holding 1 billion XRP and expiring on the first day of every month for a period of 54 months.

As each contract expires, the cryptocurrency will briefly become available for Ripple to use as it sees fit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tigershark

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:13:25 AM

If the coins still exist then they could release them later right? It may help the price now but hurt it later.
gentil

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:26:20 AM

Typical Coindesk propaganda, which part owns Ripple.

Ripple is a huge step backwards for crypto, its bankers wet dream. I'm going to enjoy this big fat Ripple dump

Live by the sword, die by the sword
Serena Yin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 03:25:36 AM

Acchain is China's block chain project called the asset collection chain, it is completely open source assets of the digital platform and tools to let the world's assets flow up to barter.You can go to the official website of the asset chain to see more information.https://www.acchain.org/en/index.html
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: