Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:15:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptosteel & Trezor  (Read 616 times)
steelboy (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:03:01 PM

Has anyone bought Trezor or Cryptosteel from the UK? I am struggling to find anywhere that sells them other than from the US.

Thanks
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4918

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 05:06:24 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 05:53:51 PM by mocacinno

Has anyone bought Trezor or Cryptosteel from the UK? I am struggling to find anywhere that sells them other than from the US.

Thanks

You should be able to buy them from amazon, altough they do cost about $140/piece instead of $99/piece you pay when buying them from the US.

I know this because i was also looking to buy a new trezor. I used to own one and i was super happy with it. The other option would be to buy a 3-pack from the official US site, maybe even use an affiliate code... This way you pay $286 (-10% goes back to the affiliate) for 3 pieces, this would bring down the cost to $86/piece = 78€ + shipping...

I would actually love to do this, but the customs in my country are really strict lately. If i buy them, i'm almost 100% sure i'd also have to pay import duties, making everything a lot more expensive (but probably still cheaper than buying on amazon).

EDIT: i actually did the full calculation to buy 3 trezor's and re-send 2 of them within the EU
cost (3pack) 276 USD
express shipping (DHL), this is cheaper custom-wise 29 USD
total after custom charge: € 356,33  ( € 11,54 import duties,    € 60,11 VAT, €10 charge by DHL to go trough customs)
affiliate earnings: 27.6 USD (24 €)

Total to get 3 trezors in my home: 332 € = 111 €/piece
standard shipping within the EU: 17€/parcel (can probably be cheaper)

To bad the customs add about 30% extra, and standard shipping within the EU is so damn expensive... I guess you might aswell buy one from amazon directly Sad

If somebody ever goes to the US and can bring back a 3-pack, i'd defenatly also be intested in one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 06:06:08 PM

I don't see why you would need complex workarounds to do it.  I just bought mine from trezor.io and paid in Bitcoin.  As far as I know the TREZOR is just as easy to buy from the EU as it is to buy from America, especially considering that the company are based in the Czech republic.

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:43:19 AM

Although I'm from the US, the Cryptosteel "MIX" always seems to be on back order when I visit their site.  If they had it in stock I would definitely pick one up.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4918

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 05:38:36 AM

I don't see why you would need complex workarounds to do it.  I just bought mine from trezor.io and paid in Bitcoin.  As far as I know the TREZOR is just as easy to buy from the EU as it is to buy from America, especially considering that the company are based in the Czech republic.

I know it's easy, but i'm talking about the pricing...
If i buy a 3-pack, i pay 111€/piece, delivered using DHL, everything included.
If i buy a single one, i pay 138€/piece, delivered using the normal post, everything included.

The normal post asks a very high fee once your order is 150€ or over, that's why it's cheaper to get a 3-pack delivered with DHL (they don't add an extra fee for packages > 150€)

If i buy a single one, i can pay $109 (trezor + standard shipping) using BTC, the import duties and post duties have to be payed using FIAT tough. Same thing for a 3-pack tough : i can pay $305 using BTC, but i still have to pay all import duties, taxes,... using FIAT.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████