Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WirexApp.com | E-coin.IO -> Is scamming money from us.  (Read 1197 times)
gustavowirex (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:34:04 PM

I use wirexapp for almost one year, since they were called E-coin and they always had a shitty service but always had the necessary to use it. Today I am done, I will clear how exactly this company is scamming people.

Pictures were took in the time of the thread.

Evidence #1: Money disappeard from my Plastic Master Card which I had $10 USD without using for some weeks, then it got reduced to $0.81
https://gyazo.com/fb3e528dce15a79d2dfda7afa811324c
In the evidence also are not showing my last transactions with the card (this got cleared so I can not claim how it disappeared)

Evidence #2: Their ridiculous rates for BTC/USD card its almost 30%. Here is a gif when today price is $1756 www.preev.com rates and wirex claims $1747.49 which is good, but when we proceed the trade
it converts into 30% less, nice scam WIREX, good job.

https://gyazo.com/c94bc6f2f53351294a43e95d14a2944e

Paying 0.007384 BTC which is worth $13 USD in preev right now:
https://gyazo.com/81bd7e409baf20bd9645c77322f2ae8d
I will get $10 in the card.
This is 30% fees

Evidence #:
I withdrawn money to the visa card TWO WEEKS AGO:
https://gyazo.com/6a9b8bdca326aa3f11ae14c33cbe2722

Funds disappeared in the air, paypal obviously sent the money as is not the first time I withdraw money there, but e-coin ignores my tickets for two weeks. And yes my account is verified.

Guys, I will swap to other services and I dont get involved with a company that threats their customers like idiots, they are scamming us and we continue using their services.

I sent a ticket in order to close my account with them, they can keep my $56 USD which are locked somewhere, I thank to god is not more than that.

#E-COIN SCAMMERS
#WIREXAPP SCAMMERS.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fastboy619

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

I use wirexapp for almost one year, since they were called E-coin and they always had a shitty service but always had the necessary to use it. Today I am done, I will clear how exactly this company is scamming people.

Pictures were took in the time of the thread.

Evidence #1: Money disappeard from my Plastic Master Card which I had $10 USD without using for some weeks, then it got reduced to $0.81
In the evidence also are not showing my last transactions with the card (this got cleared so I can not claim how it disappeared)

Evidence #2: Their ridiculous rates for BTC/USD card its almost 30%. Here is a gif when today price is $1756 www.preev.com rates and wirex claims $1747.49 which is good, but when we proceed the trade

This is 30% fees

Evidence #:

Funds disappeared in the air, paypal obviously sent the money as is not the first time I withdraw money there, but e-coin ignores my tickets for two weeks. And yes my account is verified.

Guys, I will swap to other services and I dont get involved with a company that threats their customers like idiots, they are scamming us and we continue using their services.

I sent a ticket in order to close my account with them, they can keep my $56 USD which are locked somewhere, I thank to god is not more than that.

#E-COIN SCAMMERS
#WIREXAPP SCAMMERS.

I think WIREXAPP is an exit scam of some sort.. I used to store a lot of money on my card I had with them they obviously saw that successfully tried to get some money off my card they frauded about 170$ off, I had not used my cc with any fishy websites as I am online for more than 13 years and can smell a phising website from a mile away. but for some reason someone got a hold on my cards info and whenever I try and open a ticket about this they tag it as solved with no comment whatsoever from a employee not even "sad to hear this" but today is the 5th day and it seems all tickets are resolved without anyone having to answer them.

not surprisingly I come on bitcointalk and someone saw their fishy behaviour too.

WIREX/E-COIN IS A SCAM
mariababosa

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:44:02 PM

i never had problem with wirex but i think the fees they take on our card are very high, they will loose alot of customers if they not reduce those fees.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:48:24 AM

I suggest you try Cryptopay. I have their card and satisfied from day 1 of using it.

aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:08:25 AM

I have used their service personally and the rates are indede pretty shitty.

The final rate however isn't the rate you see when you open the exchange currencies between wallets, it's when you type in the bitcoin amount or the USD amount and it'll give you the exact amount of bitcoins you're going to get. Apparently they charge a flat fee which is not stated directly on the website for each transaction, meaning that a 10 USD transaction will cost you a lot in percentage terms, whilst a 1000 USD transaction will give you closer to the market price. Basically if you want to save on fees, exchange bigger amounts instead of smaller amounts multiple times.

They are not a scam though, they redeem their promises and has never failed me on anything they've offered so far.

I suggest you try Cryptopay. I have their card and satisfied from day 1 of using it.

Thanks for suggesting but are they trustworthy? I went on to their website, it looks clean and the founders are apparently known so that's a tick. Do they have a physical location that i can visit?

Wirex

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Hello again GustavoWirex. First and foremost, I will like to offer you an apology for any inconvenience the service might have cause you. We are sorry you want to leave Wirex. However, I think it is important to address your points one by one:

#1: That can happen for a number of reasons. Maybe your ""some weeks"" were actually months, and the Monthly fee of 1 usd was collected. Maybe It was a glitch in the system Either way, I cannot help you or check anything about this without a support ticket number. So you should send it so we can track it and investigated further.

This is 30% fees

#2: The Wirex exchange rates is explained in detail in this article:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509

As explained, the rate now depends on the amount being exchanged. The more you exchange, the better the exchange rate. Therefore, loading your card once with $500 will give you better rates than loading your card $100 five times in a row. Also, before you approve the exchange, you can see the how much you are going to get in the card, so no one is scamming you.

It's important to mention that lately, many companies dealing with bitcoin (xapo being the most recent one) announced that they would not be able to cover blockchain fees for users anymore, due to increasing number of transactions. As you surely know, the Blockchain fee is not a Wirex fee, It is the same fee for other wallet to wallet-on-chain bitcoin transfers.

Evidence #3:

#3 All about Paypal transaction can be found here:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000599249-FAQ-about-PayPal

As you already metioned, If you have done this many times, you know transfers from PayPal to Wirex card accounts may take up to five days. If the money was still not deposited onto your card after this timeframe, please contact PayPal for support. So basically funds don't "dissapear in the air". This transaction is handle by the issuing bank, and it might take some time to clear them out.

Finally, Wirex have been around for 3 years already, and developed the service way further than any other bitcoin debit card service. Why bother "scamming" our users, When we can aim for long term success? Come on friend, I know you are bitter about your experience, but it's better to be real, than loud.

I hope you find a better experience for you in other service. On our side, again we offer you our sincerest apology, and we will keep working to offer better and bigger options to Wirex users, like the new Expedite Card Delivery for only 9 USD, the soon to release Card-To-Card transfers, and small exchange amounts outside of the blockchain network)

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
Wirex

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:25:27 PM

I have used their service personally and the rates are indede pretty shitty.

The final rate however isn't the rate you see when you open the exchange currencies between wallets, it's when you type in the bitcoin amount or the USD amount and it'll give you the exact amount of bitcoins you're going to get. Apparently they charge a flat fee which is not stated directly on the website for each transaction, meaning that a 10 USD transaction will cost you a lot in percentage terms, whilst a 1000 USD transaction will give you closer to the market price. Basically if you want to save on fees, exchange bigger amounts instead of smaller amounts multiple times.

They are not a scam though, they redeem their promises and has never failed me on anything they've offered so far.

Thanks for suggesting but are they trustworthy? I went on to their website, it looks clean and the founders are apparently known so that's a tick. Do they have a physical location that i can visit?

Thank you for your support Atriz. Let me know If you need any help with the Wirex platform

Wirex — crypto-friendly currency accounts, VISA debit cards, bitcoin wallet, and now PCI DSS certified.
Wirex

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:31:33 PM

i never had problem with wirex but i think the fees they take on our card are very high, they will loose alot of customers if they not reduce those fees.

Hello. Please remember an exchange rate and a fee are not the same thing. A "fee" relates to an individual service (issuing a permit, pulling a tooth, selling bitcoins), while a "rate" refers to the price per unit (or minute or day or whatever you want to assign this price). We calculate the rates based on the market in the Wirex platform and the current bitcoin price all around the world. There are no fees for exchanges in Wirex.

In the last update, we changed the way the exchange rate behave. If you want more information about Wirex Exchange rate, please visit our help website:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509       

Wirex

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:37:21 PM

I think WIREXAPP is an exit scam of some sort.. I used to store a lot of money on my card I had with them they obviously saw that successfully tried to get some money off my card they frauded about 170$ off, I had not used my cc with any fishy websites as I am online for more than 13 years and can smell a phising website from a mile away. but for some reason someone got a hold on my cards info and whenever I try and open a ticket about this they tag it as solved with no comment whatsoever from a employee not even "sad to hear this" but today is the 5th day and it seems all tickets are resolved without anyone having to answer them.

not surprisingly I come on bitcointalk and someone saw their fishy behaviour too.

WIREX/E-COIN IS A SCAM

Hello Fastboy. If there's something Wirex is not, is an "exit Scam". Wirex is here to stay. Especially now, with all the great advantages we will have for the next months. Not mentioning the support of the Japanese SBI:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-card-provider-wirex-raises-3-million-japans-sbi-asian-expansion/

What you described is quite strange. Looks like you got a problem with your personal information. This, however, is not a Wirex issue, as we have no way of sharing your information with anyone else. If you will like me to check this issue further, just send me your support ticket number and I will track the issue for you.

Tripton

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:11:44 AM

I have been using this joke of a service for over a year and I have to say I didn't think it could get any worst ... I was wrong !

Since E-coin rebranded as Wirex everything has changed for the worst, as if E-coin wasn't bad enough already !

The support response time is beyond ridiculous , I doubt I have ever come across any type of service in the world that takes 2 weeks to reply to a ticket !

As if that wasn't enough, they have hidden rates and they even charge you 1 Eur month for each card that you have (virtual cards included), even thoguh you rarely manage to load any of them .

They don't update the real rate for bitcoin, not long ago their rates were around 1800 eur when the real bitcoin value was 2500 !!!! I can't imagine how much money they stole this way from people who didn't even realize the discrepancy .

In my particular case, ALL of my recent attempts at loading any virtual card failed and the money was held  by Wirex . 2 weeks after they merged all of my tickets in one (since I had a total of 4 failed transactions worth over $1000) and their reply was that I needed to send my documents again ...

Here's their reply to 4 failed transactions (take note I have created new virtual cards as every single one of the old virtual cards failed !)

Brian (Wirex)

Hello Ricardo,
Thank you for your message.

It seems that because a lot of new cards were ordered some of them were not verified (which is why the exchange couldn't go through). Please send us proof of ID and residence and we will follow-up with the bank for them to verify all of your cards.

Best regards,
Wirex support team

I have fully verified my account over 1 year ago and have had a physical card ever since, I even sent my documents a second time and now Wirex is coming up with some ridiculous excuse that they need my documents again to verify virtual credit cards ? Just lol ...

I am done with this service and just want my money back to move on
Wirex

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2017, 06:44:08 PM

I have been using this joke of a service for over a year and I have to say I didn't think it could get any worst ... I was wrong !

Since E-coin rebranded as Wirex everything has changed for the worst, as if E-coin wasn't bad enough already !

Hello Ricardo. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As you should already know, Wirex is very far from a "Scam" as possible. Though the support team response time is not the best, they always solve any issue any user might have. However, I will like to address each issue you mention, one by one, so we can clear the situation out, ok?

The support response time is beyond ridiculous, I doubt I have ever come across any type of service in the world that takes 2 weeks to reply to a ticket !

#1: The support team standard response time is 2 to 5 days. I understand is not very good, and Wirex is working to improve the response time. What you can do is contact me with a private message with your support ticket number and I will try to speed up the process. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

As if that wasn't enough, they have hidden rates and they even charge you 1 Eur month for each card that you have (virtual cards included), even though you rarely manage to load any of them.

They don't update the real rate for bitcoin, not long ago their rates were around 1800 eur when the real bitcoin value was 2500 !!!! I can't imagine how much money they stole this way from people who didn't even realize the discrepancy .

#2: That's incorrect. Wirex doesn't have any hidden fees for currency exchange in the platform. The Wirex exchange rates is explained in detail in this article: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509

It's important to mention that before you approve the exchange, you can see the how much you are going to get into the card, so no one is scamming you. Finally, many companies dealing with bitcoin (xapo being the most recent one) announced that they would not be able to cover blockchain fees for users anymore, due to increasing number of transactions. As you surely know, the Blockchain fee is not a Wirex fee, It is the same fee for other wallets to wallet-on-chain bitcoin transfers.

In my particular case, ALL of my recent attempts at loading any virtual card failed and the money was held  by Wirex . 2 weeks after they merged all of my tickets in one (since I had a total of 4 failed transactions worth over $1000) and their reply was that I needed to send my documents again

I have fully verified my account over 1 year ago and have had a physical card ever since I even sent my documents a second time and now Wirex is coming up with some ridiculous excuse that they need my documents again to verify virtual credit cards? Just lol ...

#3: You can learn about the verification process here:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161719-How-and-why-to-verify-Wirex-account-

Please mind that the Card Issuing Bank, for the purpose of account security, might request at any time they want the user's documents. Wirex does not handle this process directly, It's the banks prerogative. I'm not exactly sure what kind of transaction you did with your cards, but if they want you to verify again, the best you can do is comply.

Now, I understand you are upset with all the issues you had with the platform. However, Wirex has been around for 3 years already. We have more than 350.00 stores in 130 countries, and We have developed the service way further than any other bitcoin debit card service. Why will Wirex want to "scam" users, When we can aim for long term success? I think it's better to be real than loud.

Anyway, I'm sad to see you leave Wirex, and I hope you find a better experience for you in other services. Please, send me your support ticket number so I can track your issue with the support team, and try to speed things up a bit. Once again, I offer you our sincerest apology, and we will keep working to offer better and bigger options to Wirex users, like the new Expedite Card Delivery for only 9 USD, the soon to release Card-To-Card transfers, and small exchange amounts outside of the blockchain network).

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:03:52 PM

Hello Ricardo. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As you should already know, Wirex is very far from a "Scam" as possible. Though the support team response time is not the best, they always solve any issue any user might have. However, I will like to address each issue you mention, one by one, so we can clear the situation out, ok?

The support response time is beyond ridiculous, I doubt I have ever come across any type of service in the world that takes 2 weeks to reply to a ticket !

#1: The support team standard response time is 2 to 5 days. I understand is not very good, and Wirex is working to improve the response time. What you can do is contact me with a private message with your support ticket number and I will try to speed up the process. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

As if that wasn't enough, they have hidden rates and they even charge you 1 Eur month for each card that you have (virtual cards included), even though you rarely manage to load any of them.

#2: That's incorrect. Wirex doesn't have any hidden fees for currency exchange in the platform. The Wirex exchange rates is explained in detail in this article: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002983509

It's important to mention that before you approve the exchange, you can see the how much you are going to get into the card, so no one is scamming you. Finally, many companies dealing with bitcoin (xapo being the most recent one) announced that they would not be able to cover blockchain fees for users anymore, due to increasing number of transactions. As you surely know, the Blockchain fee is not a Wirex fee, It is the same fee for other wallets to wallet-on-chain bitcoin transfers.

In my particular case, ALL of my recent attempts at loading any virtual card failed and the money was held  by Wirex . 2 weeks after they merged all of my tickets in one (since I had a total of 4 failed transactions worth over $1000) and their reply was that I needed to send my documents again

I have fully verified my account over 1 year ago and have had a physical card ever since I even sent my documents a second time and now Wirex is coming up with some ridiculous excuse that they need my documents again to verify virtual credit cards? Just lol ...

#3: You can learn about the verification process here:
https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161719-How-and-why-to-verify-Wirex-account-

Please mind that the Card Issuing Bank, for the purpose of account security, might request at any time they want the user's documents. Wirex does not handle this process directly, It's the banks prerogative. I'm not exactly sure what kind of transaction you did with your cards, but if they want you to verify again, the best you can do is comply.

Now, I understand you are upset with all the issues you had with the platform. However, Wirex has been around for 3 years already. We have more than 350.00 stores in 130 countries, and We have developed the service way further than any other bitcoin debit card service. Why will Wirex want to "scam" users, When we can aim for long term success? I think it's better to be real than loud.

Anyway, I'm sad to see you leave Wirex, and I hope you find a better experience for you in other services. Please, send me your support ticket number so I can track your issue with the support team, and try to speed things up a bit. Once again, I offer you our sincerest apology, and we will keep working to offer better and bigger options to Wirex users, like the new Expedite Card Delivery for only 9 USD, the soon to release Card-To-Card transfers, and small exchange amounts outside of the blockchain network).

Considering bitcoin's volatility, a response time of 2 to 5 days is simply bad and helplessly unacceptable.

bets21

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:18:34 AM

wirex is fully ripped off...today i tried withdrawl $12 to my btc wallet and just got $3 its horrible...
if they say there is charge its a fuckin crazy for fee...how if im withdrawl $100, only got $30 Huh?
fucking scammer...DONT USE WIREX ...
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 11:12:53 PM

Honestly i have been using Xapo for over 2 years and decided to give a try to your Wirex app... The worst ideia i have had in the recent years... I transfered 1 BTC to the wallet to be able to request a visa card to try and after the request was accepted i was never able to withdraw the 0.98btc left to any other external Btc address... Tried 4 transactions all canceled when past a couple hours, all seemed normal, i confirm the request on my email but nothing... Basically the only use i could see for it ( BTC wallet for quick transactions on day to day ) its useless, cant even withdraw my funds.

Tickets: 138871 ; 138627 ; 138622

Im thinking to ask my lawyer to fill the next support ticket if it comes to that...

My advice, look elsewhere there are far more eficient options available
fastboy619

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:24:00 PM

Still no sight of solving the issue , I feel like giving up, so much scams
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: