Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:37:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting mining with real hardware(ASIC miners) The professionals help bitte!!  (Read 1014 times)
theduke1989 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:45:25 PM

Dear bitcoin lovers,

A friend of my want to start mining with real hardware(ASIC miners) and asked me to help him out. Since i have mined in the early years(3-5 years ago) a lot has changed since than.
He haves free electricety and internet at his location, so for him its realy great to start now it still can with mining!

So for me the best way now is to observe and getting the best answers of the professionals out here. What are the best miners, wich wallet to choose etcetc. On kraken.com you can sell your BTC or trade them.
He is realy in to that.

So for me? What are the best things for beginning!!!

1. Witch wallet is good? Have thought about MultibitHD(desktop), or is a online wallet better?

2. Witch ASIC miner is realy good? I have done a little bit of research about the mining hardware fabricators and came up with this: ''Butterfly Labs | TerraHash | KNC Miner | Avalon ASICS | USB Block Erupter | BITMAIN'' the ones with the underscore are coming a lot on this board i see! But are they truly so great?

3. What are the most profitable pools at this moment without asking a lot of fees? blockchain.info/en/pools is giving me information about antpool with 16.8% but on there page they are realy asking a lot of fees! So i thought to use ''slushpool''

4. What is the best script for the best mining hardware to get the most of it?

So there a a few questions, and hopefully you the professionals can help me out here!!!
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 07:53:58 PM

1. Witch wallet is good? Have thought about MultibitHD(desktop), or is a online wallet better?
MultiBit is good, Electrum is a bit better (IMO). As much as possible, stay away from online wallets.

2. Witch ASIC miner is realy good? I have done a little bit of research about the mining hardware fabricators and came up with this: ''Butterfly Labs | TerraHash | KNC Miner | Avalon ASICS | USB Block Erupter | BITMAIN'' the ones with the underscore are coming a lot on this board i see! But are they truly so great?
Bitmain's (S9) is the most efficient and profitable one at the moment, although durability-wise isn't the best. Avalon's Avalon 7 has a better durability but less profitable.

3. What are the most profitable pools at this moment without asking a lot of fees? blockchain.info/en/pools is giving me information about antpool with 16.8% but on there page they are realy asking a lot of fees! So i thought to use ''slushpool''
Slushpool is good (I used to mine on it back in the days), but I've seen many users recommend "ck pool" nowadays.

Not sure what you mean in regards to "best script", can you elaborate more?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
theduke1989 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

MultiBit is good, Electrum is a bit better (IMO). As much as possible, stay away from online wallets.

Bitmain's (S9) is the most efficient and profitable one at the moment, although durability-wise isn't the best. Avalon's Avalon 7 has a better durability but less profitable.

Slushpool is good (I used to mine on it back in the days), but I've seen many users recommend "ck pool" nowadays.

Thank you for the clarification,

4. I mean when i use BFGminer.exe i need to insert always the host+username , but i know there are .bat files that is already filled in everything and it starts automaticly but cannot find the right script to mine Sad
Since he haves free electricity and internet, is het profitable to still mine with 1or2 ASIC miners!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:05:04 AM

4. I mean when i use BFGminer.exe i need to insert always the host+username , but i know there are .bat files that is already filled in everything and it starts automaticly but cannot find the right script to mine Sad
Since he haves free electricity and internet, is het profitable to still mine with 1or2 ASIC miners!
Sure. Just don't go for anything below S5s as miners weaker than it won't make you much even with free electricity. I recommend S7s for the best bang for your buck, although I have seen Avalons go for as little as $180 recently.
theduke1989 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:47:27 PM

Sure. Just don't go for anything below S5s as miners weaker than it won't make you much even with free electricity. I recommend S7s for the best bang for your buck, although I have seen Avalons go for as little as $180 recently.

thanks, i was thinking about the LS3+ antminer its about 13.5TH and than two of them? And can you explain me the .bat file? how to start???
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 03:49:09 PM

There is no such miner as Antminer LS3+.  Cheesy

You must mean Antminer S9 .

You don't need any .bat file, you have understood mining with ASIC hardware completely wrong.

Check out this Antminer S9 setup guide by dogie
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526215.0

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:15:22 PM

There is no such miner as Antminer LS3+.  Cheesy

You must mean Antminer S9 .

You don't need any .bat file, you have understood mining with ASIC hardware completely wrong.

Check out this Antminer S9 setup guide by dogie
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526215.0

3-5 years ago ASICs where USB stuff like BFL miners, since then ASICS are pretty much standalone jobs, USB ones still need a PC but bigger stuff s5 s7 s9 and so on all have the mining stuff onboard to reduce power wastage and such, so you dont need a computer just and either net cable a computer to enter the details and then can unplug the computer and leave the miners alone

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: