Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:03:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmixer.io Missing Funds  (Read 662 times)
MixerCustomerNeedsHelp (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:33:44 PM

I'm probably freaking out over nothing, but decided it would be best to chronicle the experience just in case things turn out poorly.

While this is my first post here, I'm not new to Bitcoin by any means. So to get the obvious out the way:

- yes using the correct bitxmixer url (the .onion one  bitmixer2whesjgj.onion)

- yes my transaction into the mixer is confirmed

- yes support has been contacted (about an hour ago as of this writing).

With that out of the way, let me elaborate what went on.

I used the mixer earlier today (around 11 AM EST). Set it to 2 receiving addresses with a 50-50 split and a 5% mixing fee. I don't always use these settings, but for this one I did. Which is good because it makes things slightly easier to follow.

About 30 minutes leter I got an incoming transaction to one of the addresses. But nothing to the other address. That was about 3.5 hours ago now.

Not an unconfirmed transaction - nothing. Which I thought was unusual because they always seem to arrive nearly simultaneously in the past.

At that point I decided to contact support. I included more details than what I would like to post here. Such as transaction hashes for the outgoing and incoming transactions.

I'm not in any particular rush, except for one thing: I DO NOT HAVE THE LETTER OF GUARANTEE.

Yeah, I'm an idiot (sort of). According to the FAQ, they get wiped after 24 hours. Hence why I am freaking out. I can "prove" funds were sent to their address, but I can't "prove" half the funds didn't arrive without it.

I'm hoping that since it is early enough, things will still work out. I can't imagine any privacy reason they'd be unwilling to discuss where the other half went (seeing as how its a 50-50 split and I can confirm ownership of both the incoming and one of the 2 outgoing addresses).

I'm basically just posting here to get there attention in the off chance the usual support methods take longer than 24 hours.

And maybe for someone to say "it'll be alright". Not a life-changing amount of BTC, like 2 weeks salary though so... yeah.

One last thing: the reason I do not have a letter of guarantee is that the file that got served to me was an error page!

See, I'm using mobile (sorry for any typing errors) and apparently that doesnt work well. Tor+Orbot = no letter of guarantee. Might want to look into that if any Bitmixer devs are reading this.

I've verified the letter of guarantee a few times on a dsektop (years ago - been a user for a while) and just assumed that since my browser was saving a file each time I clciked to download it, all was good.

Lesson learned. Hopefully not too costly a one.

Thanks for reading anyone who comes across this! Any suggestions I'd be eager to hear.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 10:55:18 PM

can you share with as the split one transaction maybe you have only delayed transaction because this is happening sometimes most of the people few days experience of delay even not mixing bitcoin..
Much better to wait for their support to responds if what honestly the problem.. this is not a missing funds i think your problem is one of your transaction didn't arrived. can you give us the transaction you sent to the bitmixer address? so that we know what honestly the issue here .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2017, 11:32:37 PM

The website isn't designed for mobile use (nor is Tor really). A lot can go wrong and you should steer away from using those services that way.
Knowing the site well, I can almost guarantee they won't discuss anything without the letter.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:38:21 AM

UPDATE: Second transaction finally came through about 2 hours ago. Crises averted.

Still stuck at 0 conf, but that sort of thing I'm used to. Which is kinda sad, IMO. We really need to do something about that.

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:45:19 AM

can you share with as the split one transaction maybe you have only delayed transaction because this is happening sometimes most of the people few days experience of delay even not mixing bitcoin..
Much better to wait for their support to responds if what honestly the problem.. this is not a missing funds i think your problem is one of your transaction didn't arrived. can you give us the transaction you sent to the bitmixer address? so that we know what honestly the issue here .

I'm sure the transaction into the mixer went fine. I made it a point to say so in the start of the post.

It had many (6?) Confirmations when I first posted.

I doubt they would have sent half the funds without being sure the incoming transaction had cleared.

Thank you for the reply though!

PS: it did end up working out :-)
Cxinbolen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:13:06 AM

UPDATE: Second transaction finally came through about 2 hours ago. Crises averted.

Still stuck at 0 conf, but that sort of thing I'm used to. Which is kinda sad, IMO. We really need to do something about that.

Whew. Glad that it all worked out for you - no letter of guarantee made me doubtful in the beginning.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:51:38 AM

I think the issue here is that due to the backlog, they were waiting on other transactions to be confirmed (some sites will send inputs that are still unconfirmed, while others will wait, as it can't confirm until all previous inputs are anyways).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:18:42 AM

I think the issue here is that due to the backlog, they were waiting on other transactions to be confirmed (some sites will send inputs that are still unconfirmed, while others will wait, as it can't confirm until all previous inputs are anyways).

You think? Im sure its the real issue. Everything with BTC is so slow these days. It's not worth paying the higher fee when you know you can pay a lower one of your transaction can wait. You can also start using altcoins like LTC or ETH of you want to move value around from exchange to exchange.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:20:22 AM

You think? Im sure its the real issue. Everything with BTC is so slow these days. It's not worth paying the higher fee when you know you can pay a lower one of your transaction can wait. You can also start using altcoins like LTC or ETH of you want to move value around from exchange to exchange.

A lower fee may never confirm, though. There are clear attacks on the blockchain, and these are what are causing most of the issues. Having 220k+ transactions in the backlog is ridiculous. There are transactions that have been pending as many as 9 days that I'm aware of now.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:37:31 AM

Nice to know that bitmixer comes through yet again. Personally I have usedthem for a few times with my coin mixing and never have had any problems with them, whatsoever. They use a pretty decent fee for payouts from their end i think, so i don't think you need to worry. If the transaction doesn't confirm for a few days then just email their customer support which should be pretty responsive.

Good luck!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:32:26 AM

Quick question, why do you use Bitmixer in the first place, assuming your coins re legit? What are you trying to hide?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 07:22:36 AM

Quick question, why do you use Bitmixer in the first place, assuming your coins re legit? What are you trying to hide?

Not eager to get in a debate about privacy, stranger. There is a link on bitmixer's homepage if that was an actual question:

https://bitmixer.io/why.html

The rest of you: thanks for the support! And anyone coming across this in the future: make sure to verify the letter of guarantee when using a mixer.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:46:31 AM

A lower fee may never confirm, though. There are clear attacks on the blockchain, and these are what are causing most of the issues. Having 220k+ transactions in the backlog is ridiculous. There are transactions that have been pending as many as 9 days that I'm aware of now.

That BTC user might be updated with whats happening and still uses the standard BTC0.0001 transaction fee amount. I use 3x that for small transactions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: