Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GOOD token possible scam  (Read 1293 times)
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:55:07 AM

Okay lets watch for the dude for a couple of months.

I dont like him, because he cant give straight answers but he seems to be genuine (not trying to pretend to be likable for all the people) but stubborn, that doesnt mean its bad.

In consideration of others (as stated by Edgar John above) do you agree to not post in the GOOD forum?

Let's agree to disagree, if you think that you followed our community guidelines and the guidelines of this website. I suppose that issue would never be resolved considering our conversation on the previous page. However, for sake of getting back to normal please let me know if you plan on ignoring my request that you not post in the forum.

Thanks

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

There have been several fly-by-night coin scams these past few years and the people behind those schemes made off with a tremendous amount of money.

With serious money invested and injected into these schemes, due diligence, transparency and genuine verifiable names are mandatory. Evading requests for such information makes these projects highly suspect.

I remember an Indian scammer who had a similar thing going on on this forum and one day he disappeared with a scandalous amount of money. Amazing.. the ingenuity and sophistication of these scams.

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 05:07:48 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 06:19:35 PM by kosmost

There have been several fly-by-night coin scams these past few years and the people behind those schemes made off with a tremendous amount of money.

With serious money invested and injected into these schemes, due diligence, transparency and genuine verifiable names are mandatory. Evading requests for such information makes these projects highly suspect.

I remember an Indian scammer who had a similar thing going on on this forum and one day he disappeared with a scandalous amount of money. Amazing.. the ingenuity and sophistication of these scams.

Certainly. But if I may, a rhetorical question. Say there was someone whom you've never met before who bumped into you at the grocery store and accused you of sexual harassment. You know for a fact that such contact never occurred and it could be proven after a simple cursory inspection of the security tapes. This person continued to follow you around the store shouting, "pervert! this guy grabbed me!" Other shoppers look to you with suspicion because, well, obviously if someone said something it must have some merit, right?

As you were making your way out of the store to get away from this person they asked, "What is your name?"

If you do not answer them, would you be "evading" the question? Those shoppers who were nearby knew that nothing happened, but still the person continued to insist that sexual contact did indeed occur.

I have a long history with Karmacoin and thensome. You can take a random hit at any one of my thousand+ posts to see my character. I will provide more information when I am ready, if necessary. Right now, I prefer to focus on adding value to Good Karma.

If money was what I was after, it would not make sense for me to try to lower the coin price, as I have done on 2 occasions since the coin launched a few weeks ago (because I thought the price was too high) in big red letters. Furthermore, anyone who knows my history with Karmacoin knows that I have spent a significant amount of money trying to help the coin and community grow (legal costs for incorporation and trademarks, design costs for a professional logo, servers, bounties, hiring Hiro to transition successfully to X11, hiring a consultant, etc, etc). Of course I would have benefited from any rise in Karmacoin's price, but I did these things without expectation and to actually try to do something good for the community, rather than just hope that something good would happen.

Slow and Steady Wins the race....

A high price is good (and desired, eventually) but for now it is a bit premature. To whomever has the coin listed at .01 ETH, you're perfectly welcome to list at whatever price you want in the free market but a nice, slow and steady progression may benefit the community as a whole.

There were two trades today at nearly 800x yesterday's price (a gain of 80,000 percent day-on-day). Slow it down, folks!

Moderate growth is best! Perhaps let's get the price down a bit so that more people can buy in if they want?

I have also been entrusted with 8 billion Karmacoin coins, worth about $240,000 during the Karmashares launch. 100% of coins were returned, by the way. Anyone that is quick to scream "scam" just because GOOD is not a non-profit and functions like other tokens (!) should spend a bit more time doing research, in my opinion.

Regardless, it would not be wise to consider any coin/token an investment. It is speculation. Assume you will lose everything and you'll be fine. In this environment, nothing is owed to anyone, and nothing is a given.

That this topic continues to waste so much previous time is kind of sad.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: