Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: GOOD token possible scam  (Read 1293 times)
jenifive (OP)

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:04:18 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 10:29:16 AM by jenifive

I was asking questions to the founder of the GOOD project.

Here is the link to it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1969334.180

Now he is locked his thread, deleted my messages because he can't get straight answers to it. And instead of that he wants me to delete my account by reporing to the moderators that i spamming here....

Here are the messages that were deleted:

Guys! Be aware of this scam project!
This message is systematically being deleted several times by kosmost without any reasoned explanation.

So you own right now 446,651,000 GOOD tokens? 50% of total token supply?

I control the account that owns them. (Someone has to manage the Good Karma account.) That's the way tokens work when there are tokens not yet in circulation.

Please refer to the FAQ section, "No mining? Where do the tokens come from? Who profits?" and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

And so happens you wil be owning 50% of GOOD tokens supply and can manipulate the price however you want?
No wonder you arent doing ICO or crowdsale. You just have half of the total money here.

Have a look at the another project that made based on the Ethereum fork. Its called Musicoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1776113.1460. There was no premine, no ico, no nothing.
The team having most of their coins from miners donations. And do you know how much coins they possess right now? About 3 000 000 MUSIC. And total coin supply is 229,652,378 MUSIC. So there is something to think about. But no matter this fact they already made a working platform that growing and updating every day. WITHOUT 50% of total token supply ownership! You dont need such amount of money to make good service. Hence i sence a great doubt about your intentions here. You are just another hungry mouth that want money from us.
Nothing to see here...

Don't know too much about that, sorry.

Regarding the post I just deleted, please refer to the community notice in the OP. Thanks Smiley

(Regarding your 2nd message I just deleted, it's even worse. Posting "scam" just because you feel like it isn't cool with me. Sorry)

(Regarding your 3rd message I just deleted, it will be reported to the system moderator)

I will be happy to see the point of view from moderator here.

The author if this thread can't answer to the question and instead of that deleting message and now threaten me with the moderator...

Guys! I started to get threats from kosmost.

Now im confident. Be aware of this person and this project! You could burn yourself!

Update:

He deleted my legit question in his thread regarding his real name and persona.

From that point i would be very worry right now. Dude is unstable.

Update2:

At first i decided to delete all the negative messages regarging kosmost because i was become pity of him. Maybe i thought i was wrong. But it seems this dude much worse than i thought. Now he is refusing to answer legit questions and continues deleting them.

So to let you, users of Bitcointalk, make your own opinion regarding kosmost i will leave screenshots of all the messages that were deleted from this thread. So you can have full picture of with whom you will be dealing with on GOOD project.

http://imgur.com/a/8zfnm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:04:38 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 04:50:32 PM by kosmost

As you can see above, I responded politely. You responded with false accusations. There is a big difference between, "I think..." and "This is..." One is your opinion. The other constitutes defamation in a number of international jurisdictions. Why not just continue to ask reasonable questions before false accusations are made?

("well... that escalated quickly")

You posted your message 9 times. Yes, I deleted your message because you went against our community guidelines.

Good Karma is NOT Musicoin. There are many tokens. Do you really expect each token to be the same? You're implying that any token not like Musicoin is a scam? Seriously?

The top of every page in the forum says the following: "This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic."

Furthermore, here is the notice from the first post. "Please note: This is respectful forum. It is "good karma" after all. Posts deemed to be "bad Karma" or disrespectful to other members or the community as a whole will be deleted, as well as irrational conjectures, inflammatory statements, false accusations, posts without content, and other improprieties that can normally be found on Bitcointalk. Continued abuse will be reported to the system moderator."

There are many tokens that have not yet issued all of their coins. Do you really think it is reasonable to scream "scam" just because circulating supply is not the same as total supply? Take a look at the following tokens:

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/golem-network-tokens/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gnosis-gno/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/basic-attention-token/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/funfair/

etc, etc.

Notice anything? Some coins have nearly 90% unissued coins. In many cases this is so that they have funds to actually complete the project. Development, marketing, and other expenses are not free, unfortunately.

I'm assuming you're in the forums of the tokens above calling them a scam, also? I hope you can see my point now. No hard feelings, but you can't just post "scam" because you think something is wrong. It might be better to be more reasonable about it and continue to ask questions, as you started off doing.

And yes, I will continue to delete all posts that do not follow community guidelines. Don't take it personally, please.

If your "...intentions here are just get the answers to my reasoned quesions." and you feel I have responded to your satisfaction, please delete the post above. Thanks

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:58:08 PM

Do you have any response to my post above, or do you want to continue playing this game?

Sorry to ask, but don't you have anything better to do?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Notice how there were no any messages regarding that GOOD is scam project? Just a little concern.  

The first line of each of the 12 posts of yours I deleted reads, "Guys! Be aware of this scam project!"

So, what's that again? You say there weren't any messages when it's at the top of every post. Kind of amusing, if not sad.

You responded to my polite response with "Guys! Be aware of this scam project!".. And you wonder why I deleted your post? It doesn't follow community guidelines. But right now you're not following your own guidelines because you state, "...intentions here are just get the answers to my reasoned quesions."

If that is true, why not respond appropriately? What's the point of this??

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:07:51 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 05:59:05 PM by kosmost

As I can see you didn't respond to my PM, here it is again in case you missed it in your inbox:

Hi. I responded to your post here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012485.msg20071862#msg20071862

Please note that you cannot make false accusations in my forum. It will be deleted. I asked you to note the community guidelines, but you did not.

Here are those items which did not follow the community guidelines:

-Guys! Be aware of this scam project!
-"...without any reasoned explanation." (you didn't follow guidelines and I told you as much)
-"and can manipulate the price however you want?" (Having control of the account has NOTHING to do with the price)
-" You are just another hungry mouth that want money from us."

Do you see how it's unreasonable to make these false accusations? Good Karma is not Musicoin. Each token is different. You can't just say something is a scam because you don't like how it's set up. I provided a list of a few other tokens, some of which are 90% controlled by the owner.

Anyway, no hard feelings. If you feel I've responded appropriately, please be so kind as to delete your post calling Good Karma a scam.

Thanks

-----

Any response to this, or you just want to be upset that I continue to delete your posts (that do not follow our community guidelines)?

Really, this is a tremendous waste of time.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:21:05 PM

And yes, i will continue posting my messages that were deleted without any good reason.

Let's make it more clear. This way you can understand why I deleted your messages.

1) The first post of my thread states: "Please note: This is respectful forum. It is "good karma" after all. Posts deemed to be "bad Karma" or disrespectful to other members or the community as a whole will be deleted, as well as irrational conjectures, inflammatory statements, false accusations, posts without content, and other improprieties that can normally be found on Bitcointalk. Continued abuse will be reported to the system moderator."

I emphasized the part that you did not seem to notice each of the 12 times you posted the same message that began "It's a Scam!" (even though I told you as much).

Simply by you posting (and I quote) "Guys! Be aware of this scam project!" you have already gone against the guidelines.

2) The top of each page states, "This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic."

--
You agree that you did not say it was a scam as noted a few posts above. So, my question is who took control of your account and posted, "Guys! Be aware of this scam project!"?

You should let the moderator know. I think your account has been hacked! Someone else is posting in your account.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:24:44 PM

You responded to my polite response with "Guys! Be aware of this scam project!".. And you wonder why I deleted your post? It doesn't follow community guidelines. But right now you're not following your own guidelines because you state, "...intentions here are just get the answers to my reasoned quesions."

there were no polite respond... you just deleted my message...

So, the following response is impolite to you?

I control the account that owns them. (Someone has to manage the Good Karma account.) That's the way tokens work when there are tokens not yet in circulation.

Please refer to the FAQ section, "No mining? Where do the tokens come from? Who profits?" and let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Which part is impolite?

You responded with false accusations rather than continuing a REASONABLE discussion. That goes against the community guidelines set out in the first post, so I deleted it. I also explained why I deleted it and welcomed you to post again if you follow the guidelines. You cannot just yell "GUYS! It's a scam!" and expect me to be okay with it. That's defamation.

But the most important question, I think, is why are we wasting time like this?

Do you think you can just 1) break the rules of this website, 2) go against the guidelines set forth in my first post; 3) continue spamming the thread with the same post again and again; 4) lie (as you have done above, saying that you didn't say anything was a scam); 5) take it personally when someone moderates your post, even though it clearly states at the top of each page that you might be moderated and if you don't like it, post somewhere else.

I'm not sure why you think any of this is reasonable. But I've said all that I can say at this point. Maybe let's stop wasting time Smiley

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:33:23 PM

did you read what i wrote?

The first message that didnt fit to your guideline were this message

What sort of guidelines were traspassed in this message?

please read the first lines of the graphic you posted.

"Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic starter has requested that you leave"

So you were told not to post again, but then you proceeded to post the same post I deleted, several MORE times and would still be doing it had I not locked the topic.

Does that answer your question? And did you find something better to do with your time?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:36:34 PM

How about this...

I'll go back to being productive and you can try to figure out why you're probably not being reasonable about this.

If you really do have too much time on your hands, maybe you can think about some of the other tokens in this list:

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/golem-network-tokens/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/gnosis-gno/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/iconomi/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/basic-attention-token/
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/funfair/

Why, for example, are 98% of Veritaseum's tokens unissued? You have a problem with GOOD's 50%, so maybe you need to post twice as many messages about it on their forum.

If you can't explain why you haven't posted the same kind of message in any of the forums above, perhaps it's time to retire it.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:42:54 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 06:05:17 PM by kosmost

You didnt answer my question that were in my quote above.
Reread and try again...

You already know the answer. It's in post #6 above, as well as the PM I sent. But you'll just ignore it again.

Sorry, I don't have an infinite amount of time to go around in circles like this. What you're doing is VERY unreasonable (and litigation-worthy). The fact that you lied (post #5), ignored this website's rules, ignored a BCT moderator who told you to stop posting, ignored my community rules, ignored your own rules (your "...intentions here are just get the answers to my reasoned quesions."), have committed defamation and see nothing wrong with it, etc, etc, tells me you just want to play irrational games.

I've had enough.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:01:25 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 06:24:02 PM by kosmost

I hope that could help you to make your own conclusion.

Thanks. Resolved. Let's move on. Please delete your defamatory thread, however

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:27:28 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 07:11:22 PM by kosmost

Guys! I started to get threats from kosmost.
Now im confident. Be aware of this person and this project! You could burn yourself!

Are you really serious? Or just irrational today?

This is a tremendous waste of time.Your posting history is filled with you accusing others because of your unique way of 'reasoning'. You're even banned from r/ethereum https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4ye5sw/i_was_banned_from_rethereum_for_being_honest

But what you're doing here is unacceptable. It might be a good idea to consider whether or not what you're doing is reasonable.

Your thread constitutes defamation, which is against the law where you are, as well as where BCT's servers are. I asked you to remove it.

I don't know about you, but I counted 2 "please"es and 1 "kindly" in the message, ending with a "Thanks". Yeah, those are certainly threatening words. Considering how very irrational this conversation has been, I think I'm being a bit nicer than is deserved.

You do understand the severity of defamation, don't you? You can't just post whatever you want. Your thread has no justification, as has already been illustrated on the previous page. Yet, you still continue pursuing this line of 'reasoning'.

Why do you think I would be okay with you calling it a scam? You do not say "it might be, because...." followed by a reasoned argument. You say that is definitely is (because it's not like Musicoin). Big difference. You then proceed to lie, saying that you didn't say that even though you posted as much right above your response (!)

Knowingly pursuing a course that destroys the economic value of an entity is not something taken kindly in the eyes of the law, unfortunately. And that is why it is more serious than you think it is.

(and by the way, thanks for showing that you've received and read the message.)

FreshB

Activity: 308

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 06:29:31 AM

Just to add a little to this, Byteball, which is an awesome project, Tonych the founder has been in possession of the keys that control the remaining supply. He obviously started off as the only developer (probably still is). There is nothing new about the founder controlling the keys to addresses holding remaining supply until full circulation of the tokens.
Wouldn't it have been more worrisome to have all 888M tokens circulating in just a month of project inception without an ICO?

I personally believe in this project. The rules were stated in the OP. If you aren't satisfied just be good lad and leave. False accusations and purposeful defamation are very grievous offences.

My 2 cents.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
EdgarJohn

Activity: 326
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 09:44:03 AM

Just to add a little to this, Byteball, which is an awesome project, Tonych the founder has been in possession of the keys that control the remaining supply. He obviously started off as the only developer (probably still is). There is nothing new about the founder controlling the keys to addresses holding remaining supply until full circulation of the tokens.
Wouldn't it have been more worrisome to have all 888M tokens circulating in just a month of project inception without an ICO?

I personally believe in this project. The rules were stated in the OP. If you aren't satisfied just be good lad and leave. False accusations and purposeful defamation are very grievous offences.

My 2 cents.

I support this message. I think Good Karma is a interesting project to watch. I also like the new approach and looking forward to hear where the 'R' in ICR stands for. Please reopen the topic and let any discussion about trustworthy be held in this topic and not in the original. It would be nice if we keep the original topic clean from this discussion so other forum members who believe in this project get the ability to discuss about other topics. Best regards.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:24:47 AM

Please stop posting to the Good thread, jeni. You have already been asked to stop posting to the thread by the moderator.

I refuse to play these games. It's a tremendous waste of time for everyone.

jenifive (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:57:30 AM

I would like to know the answer to this question from the founder of GOOD.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 12:00:29 PM

You're like a virus that won't go away. And that from someone who almost never says such things.

Please find something else to be obsessed with. It's creepy and, again, a tremendous waste of time.

Note that it says 'Do not continue posting in this topic.....'? I guess you don't care.

This is the last time I will waste time with you.

jenifive (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:15:51 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 04:13:34 PM by jenifive

You're like a virus that won't go away. And that from someone who almost never says such things.

Please find something else to be obsessed with. It's creepy and, again, a tremendous waste of time.

Note that it says 'Do not continue posting in this topic.....'? I guess you don't care.

This is the last time I will waste time with you.

You want money from people and yet hiding behind your nickname so no one knows who you really are?

I would like to know the answer to my question good sir.

EdgarJohn

Activity: 326
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 10:59:05 AM

Dear jenifive,

I feel bad for you that you experience a bad feeling around GOOD. I hope you didn't lose any investment and wish you the best while investing time or money in other cryptocurrency. I do understand that you have some questions about GOOD and I hope you can get them answered in a 1 on 1 conversation or maybe they've already been answered.

Myself and probably many others are interested in the further development of GOOD and behalf of all of us I ask you kindly that when the topic is reopened please ensure there is no reason to close the topic again.

In that way other forum members and investors in GOOD have the opportunity to express other topics than the discussion that is going on for a week now.

Thanks in advance. Best regards.

jenifive (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:36:05 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2017, 11:42:00 PM by jenifive

Dear jenifive,

I feel bad for you that you experience a bad feeling around GOOD. I hope you didn't lose any investment and wish you the best while investing time or money in other cryptocurrency. I do understand that you have some questions about GOOD and I hope you can get them answered in a 1 on 1 conversation or maybe they've already been answered.

Myself and probably many others are interested in the further development of GOOD and behalf of all of us I ask you kindly that when the topic is reopened please ensure there is no reason to close the topic again.

In that way other forum members and investors in GOOD have the opportunity to express other topics than the discussion that is going on for a week now.

Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Okay lets watch for the dude for a couple of months.

I dont like him, because he cant give straight answers but he seems to be genuine (not trying to pretend to be likable for all the people) but stubborn, that doesnt mean its bad.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:55:07 AM

Okay lets watch for the dude for a couple of months.

I dont like him, because he cant give straight answers but he seems to be genuine (not trying to pretend to be likable for all the people) but stubborn, that doesnt mean its bad.

In consideration of others (as stated by Edgar John above) do you agree to not post in the GOOD forum?

Let's agree to disagree, if you think that you followed our community guidelines and the guidelines of this website. I suppose that issue would never be resolved considering our conversation on the previous page. However, for sake of getting back to normal please let me know if you plan on ignoring my request that you not post in the forum.

Thanks

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:54:50 AM

There have been several fly-by-night coin scams these past few years and the people behind those schemes made off with a tremendous amount of money.

With serious money invested and injected into these schemes, due diligence, transparency and genuine verifiable names are mandatory. Evading requests for such information makes these projects highly suspect.

I remember an Indian scammer who had a similar thing going on on this forum and one day he disappeared with a scandalous amount of money. Amazing.. the ingenuity and sophistication of these scams.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 05:07:48 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 06:19:35 PM by kosmost

There have been several fly-by-night coin scams these past few years and the people behind those schemes made off with a tremendous amount of money.

With serious money invested and injected into these schemes, due diligence, transparency and genuine verifiable names are mandatory. Evading requests for such information makes these projects highly suspect.

I remember an Indian scammer who had a similar thing going on on this forum and one day he disappeared with a scandalous amount of money. Amazing.. the ingenuity and sophistication of these scams.

Certainly. But if I may, a rhetorical question. Say there was someone whom you've never met before who bumped into you at the grocery store and accused you of sexual harassment. You know for a fact that such contact never occurred and it could be proven after a simple cursory inspection of the security tapes. This person continued to follow you around the store shouting, "pervert! this guy grabbed me!" Other shoppers look to you with suspicion because, well, obviously if someone said something it must have some merit, right?

As you were making your way out of the store to get away from this person they asked, "What is your name?"

If you do not answer them, would you be "evading" the question? Those shoppers who were nearby knew that nothing happened, but still the person continued to insist that sexual contact did indeed occur.

I have a long history with Karmacoin and thensome. You can take a random hit at any one of my thousand+ posts to see my character. I will provide more information when I am ready, if necessary. Right now, I prefer to focus on adding value to Good Karma.

If money was what I was after, it would not make sense for me to try to lower the coin price, as I have done on 2 occasions since the coin launched a few weeks ago (because I thought the price was too high) in big red letters. Furthermore, anyone who knows my history with Karmacoin knows that I have spent a significant amount of money trying to help the coin and community grow (legal costs for incorporation and trademarks, design costs for a professional logo, servers, bounties, hiring Hiro to transition successfully to X11, hiring a consultant, etc, etc). Of course I would have benefited from any rise in Karmacoin's price, but I did these things without expectation and to actually try to do something good for the community, rather than just hope that something good would happen.

Slow and Steady Wins the race....

A high price is good (and desired, eventually) but for now it is a bit premature. To whomever has the coin listed at .01 ETH, you're perfectly welcome to list at whatever price you want in the free market but a nice, slow and steady progression may benefit the community as a whole.

There were two trades today at nearly 800x yesterday's price (a gain of 80,000 percent day-on-day). Slow it down, folks!

Moderate growth is best! Perhaps let's get the price down a bit so that more people can buy in if they want?

I have also been entrusted with 8 billion Karmacoin coins, worth about $240,000 during the Karmashares launch. 100% of coins were returned, by the way. Anyone that is quick to scream "scam" just because GOOD is not a non-profit and functions like other tokens (!) should spend a bit more time doing research, in my opinion.

Regardless, it would not be wise to consider any coin/token an investment. It is speculation. Assume you will lose everything and you'll be fine. In this environment, nothing is owed to anyone, and nothing is a given.

That this topic continues to waste so much previous time is kind of sad.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: