Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ suggestions for new exchange (kraken.com)  (Read 3780 times)
nitrous

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:24:03 AM

When I closed a few positions in quick succession, I was then unable to open a trade for the next couple minutes on the grounds that my rate limit was exceeded. What is the rate limit on the number of trades I can make?

Also, with regards to Loozik's idea, I think that would be great, but can you also keep the API as well? Very few forex brokers seem to offer both (and if they do, they charge for the API). This is quite important to me and others, and I think it would definitely set you apart from both bitcoin and forex exchanges alike.

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dargo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:28:17 PM

The market will be your own market?

Yes
Dargo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 02:50:07 PM

When I closed a few positions in quick succession, I was then unable to open a trade for the next couple minutes on the grounds that my rate limit was exceeded. What is the rate limit on the number of trades I can make?

Also, with regards to Loozik's idea, I think that would be great, but can you also keep the API as well? Very few forex brokers seem to offer both (and if they do, they charge for the API). This is quite important to me and others, and I think it would definitely set you apart from both bitcoin and forex exchanges alike.

I'm not sure about the rate limit, but I'm checking on this.

And of course I can't make any promises at this point about future features, but I don't see any reason why we would take away API if we go with something like what Loozik suggests.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:40:20 PM

1) Where are your offices located (physical street address)
2) Where are your servers located (city/country at a minimum).

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
btcx
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 03:36:19 AM

For security reasons, I can't give you that information but we're at all the Bitcoin meetups in San Francisco if you ever want to chat.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
gambitv

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 08:30:51 AM

Just an observation.

Your create account page does not ask for confirmation of PASSWORD when setting up.

This is a minimal feature to ensure people don't mistype their password, or at least ensures they make the same mistake twice. Normally setup the same for email addresses too.

The stock market today is a war zone, where algobots fight each other over pennies, millions of times a second.
RoadToHell

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:19:27 PM

For security reasons, I can't give you that information but we're at all the Bitcoin meetups in San Francisco if you ever want to chat.
For your potential customers' security reasons, you need to tell people where you're located.  Knowing which country's laws your company is subject to is important.  Knowing that you have a physical office space in a business district as opposed to operating out of a spare bedroom is also important.

Sam Spade: We were talking about a lot more money than this.
Kasper Gutman: Yes, sir, we were, but this is genuine coin of the realm. With a dollar of this, you can buy ten dollars of talk.
Dargo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:01:28 PM

Just an observation.

Your create account page does not ask for confirmation of PASSWORD when setting up.

This is a minimal feature to ensure people don't mistype their password, or at least ensures they make the same mistake twice. Normally setup the same for email addresses too.

Good point - passing this along to the devs.
Dargo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:32:48 PM

For your potential customers' security reasons, you need to tell people where you're located.  Knowing which country's laws your company is subject to is important.  Knowing that you have a physical office space in a business district as opposed to operating out of a spare bedroom is also important.

While it might give a potential customer some comfort to know the physical location, it is also a potential security risk for us and our actual customers to give away the location of our office. I'm not sure much could actually be gained from breaking into our office, but we certainly don't want to invite this by giving out our address. For many (if not all) of our competitors who give addresses, these addresses are not the actual physical location of offices. If you search the addresses given by Bitstamp and Campbx, for example, you will find that multiple businesses are listed under exactly the same address. Compare these addresses:

https://campbx.com/faq.php

http://www.deimports.com/contact.html

They are exactly the same. Campbx isn't giving out their physical office address, and they are smart not to.   

Before we launch, the "About" section  on the site will be filled in with the info about Payward (the company behind Kraken) we are willing to share. Maybe it will include an address, but it certainly won't be the real address of our physical office space. Other information will also be filled out (such as our "Legal" section). If potential customers think that we aren't revealing enough for trust, then that is their decision. But we appreciate people letting us know what kind of information they would like to know in case we have overlooked something we are comfortable sharing.     
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:13:29 AM

I hope everyone realizes how bullish this all is.

An exchange that is
> written by competent people
> fully compliant with regulations
> highly responsive on the forums
> easy to deposit to and withdraw from

would be a godsend and apparently this one is at least 3 out of those 4.

(BFL)^2 < 0
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 04:35:40 AM

Ah, payward. Confused you guys with the paymium scammera
nitrous

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:24:34 PM

When you release, would it be possible to support 'trial' accounts, basically like beta accounts where you can try out trading without actually risking real assets. This would be useful for people trying out bots or wanting to get started with bitcoin trading but who aren't confident enough to use real money yet and could open up bitcoin to a lot more people. It could work by matching their trades and positions with real trades on the order books so that it could remain realistic with real trade delays and live price changes.

Donations: 1Q2EN7TzJ6z82xvmQrRoQoMf3Tf4rMCyvL
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/nitrous/mtgox-api/overview
MtGox API v2 Unofficial Documentation Forum Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=164404.0
Dargo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:47:31 PM

When you release, would it be possible to support 'trial' accounts, basically like beta accounts where you can try out trading without actually risking real assets. This would be useful for people trying out bots or wanting to get started with bitcoin trading but who aren't confident enough to use real money yet and could open up bitcoin to a lot more people. It could work by matching their trades and positions with real trades on the order books so that it could remain realistic with real trade delays and live price changes.

I'm pretty sure we will still want to have some kind of trial account with fake money after real trading launches.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: