Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beth ICO ( Beth.jp ) Another Scam in cryptoland  (Read 12134 times)
crypto_gab

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:08:46 PM

Hi, I'm Japanese.

There is no information in the Japanese news site.
I can't find it by searching team members.
It is probably a person who does not exist. be careful.

And, despite Japanese founders, switching to Japanese display,
machine translation was awful Japanese.

I'm sorry if I made a mistake.
But I wanted you to not get caught on fraud, so I wrote.

Thank you for your update
dababe

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:23:39 AM

What was the name again, of that scam on telegram with a girl's name ?.... it was last year, can't even remember the name god dammit....
It was supposed to be an automatic bot investement.. (not DAO)...
Anyone remembers ?
Reminds me of that....

Ask Lara or something like that.
inb4lock

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:39:56 AM

Hi again,

Your first video claims are two:

- That the site uses WordPress and the identities of the team. On the first thing you are right, but we do not understand what the problem is. The ICO site (ico.beth.jp) is different and uses Laravel, not WordPress. On the second, we offered you multiple times to hold a meeting in Japan to clarify your doubts but you never agreed. That is why we are going to hold an official meeting in Japan before the ICO starts. Anyone will be invited. Full information will be released in less than a week.

In your second video, your complaints are about the domain registrant of the site, which has nothing to do with us. They register a lot of domain, not only us. And later you talk about one of the events we are sponsored. We can confirm it, you can even talk to the organizers, but simply our logo is not updated on the site yet.

Hi, Beth team. I seem to have donated 0.2 ETH to your project thinking that it would be possible to invest, but did not see this beforehand!

– the User is not a US person by residency or citizenship; the User understands and expressly accepts that due to legal uncertainties and complexity of US financial regulations, Beth Fund will not accept any Contributions of US persons by residency or citizenship

Was wondering if you'd be willing to return my funds to me! It would certainly look good on you in comparison to this thread! Thanks so much :-).

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xf85b5bf3af03a88859d9f509f81fbb0bc61119e3de25c3f71d743fea45659304
inb4lock

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:20:50 AM

Hi again,

- That the site uses WordPress and the identities of the team. On the first thing you are right, but we do not understand what the problem is. The ICO site (ico.beth.jp) is different and uses Laravel, not WordPress. On the second, we offered you multiple times to hold a meeting in Japan to clarify your doubts but you never agreed. That is why we are going to hold an official meeting in Japan before the ICO starts. Anyone will be invited. Full information will be released in less than a week.

In your second video, your complaints are about the domain registrant of the site, which has nothing to do with us. They register a lot of domain, not only us. And later you talk about one of the events we are sponsored. We can confirm it, you can even talk to the organizers, but simply our logo is not updated on the site yet.

Hi, Beth team. I seem to have donated 0.2 ETH to your project thinking that it would be possible to invest, but did not see this beforehand!

– the User is not a US person by residency or citizenship; the User understands and expressly accepts that due to legal uncertainties and complexity of US financial regulations, Beth Fund will not accept any Contributions of US persons by residency or citizenship

Was wondering if you'd be willing to return my funds to me! It would certainly look good on you in comparison to this thread! Thanks so much :-).

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xf85b5bf3af03a88859d9f509f81fbb0bc61119e3de25c3f71d743fea45659304

Okay guys, I have to say I was private messaged relatively quickly in regards to my concern. Unfortunately, the response was lackluster and only solidifies the allegations made. (At least I think?) Here is the response to my problem! http://imgur.com/a/KDYJp  

So far this has raised $126k according to https://etherscan.io/address/0xe10363e2a568022640be1954f97cc4c96765396a. Maybe I should be doing this rather than trying to invest with my pennies! LOL. I just find it odd that they would mention the terms regarding US contributions when it states that they cannot accept them legally in other areas of the terms and conditions! Very odd. Won't jump the gun anymore, was a little high, already enjoyed the idea behind Golem (although who knows if it will pull through) and was brainstorming as to what Golem could be used for in the future. AI actually came up in my head as a possibility and so this excited me the moment I saw it. Darn. Deserved it for not researching. Good luck to all!
golfhuso

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:52:08 AM

Damn thank a lot for this info.

▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
            ▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄▄
      ▀▀▀▀  ████
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
[]▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄           
████  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
████        ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
Klunex

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:13:06 AM

Hey guys. I checket the website of beth.jp on 23.may on the waybackmachine becaue i was sure that i read that the coins wouild be given back if the ICO is not successfull. On the actual website this information is missing. On 23. of may it was still written:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170523052939/https://beth.jp/
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:34:26 AM

Hey guys. I checket the website of beth.jp on 23.may on the waybackmachine becaue i was sure that i read that the coins wouild be given back if the ICO is not successfull. On the actual website this information is missing. On 23. of may it was still written:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170523052939/https://beth.jp/

scams never pay you money back. never  Cool
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:10:02 PM

It may not be a scam, but there are a lot of questions which their representative is not answering. 

Not every one can come to the meeting in Japan, how about making some effort to answer some of the concerns raised in this thread.

I tried searching for the Beth team online, and so far I've had no luck. It doesn't bode well,
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1162

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:03:08 PM

It may not be a scam, but there are a lot of questions which their representative is not answering. 

Not every one can come to the meeting in Japan, how about making some effort to answer some of the concerns raised in this thread.

I tried searching for the Beth team online, and so far I've had no luck. It doesn't bode well,

You make it to the other side of the ICO, into the launch and on to the exchange and your coin peaks pretty quickly from the little support that you have gotten.  It hits a high enough price that the coins that you have personally are worth a moderate bank.  As soon as the price highs begin, the drop hits.  Those that had some coins of their own take advantage of the decent Satoshi price and dump, bringing the price back down, perhaps forever. 
crypto_gab

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:56:26 PM

Too many red flags from this ICO.

Also,citizens from certain countries are not allowed. A shame for cryptocurrencies.  Shocked
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Picture this.   You are a person with an idea for a coin that you believe is going to make you and others very rich for some time to come.  Perhaps, in the process you have a plan that will provide for a charity or a need and the coin idea is going to take care of that too.  You put out a moderate amount of money to get started and design up your ICO attack, plus the announcements and promo materials and go to work.
And things go to opposite way and your hopes and perceptions are vanished when you found out that the moderate money you putted out is already gone and goes to the pocket of those coin devs. How sad to think off such thing and we cant really avoid it if we do carelessly jumped out on ICO without minding or seeing if its has a good potential or just good on getting scammed by them.

What happens is that, while your idea may be awesome, no one seems to care much.  You hit a large amount of pure resistance, a lot of distrust and even more of those simply ignore you, your announcements, your promo threads and info on this forum and other social media.  There were many people that told you your idea was great and to run with it, but that is the furthest that their support ever went, just talk
redhero

Activity: 361

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:04:45 PM

Thank you Renk, whatever , this project will be a rubbish project even it isn't a scam because of  lacking of transparency.
Alttrader203

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:57:38 PM

Scam busted!
Makeone

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:04:45 PM

Why do people always try to shoehorn CNNs deeplearning and ML into everything. The use cases for new coins have to make sense not be a mess of buzzwords, if I see a string of buzzwords as a description, i think scam. Which in this case seems to ring true.
Sir_Giddy

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:43:20 AM

Renk,

As we said multiples times, contact us if you want to have a private meeting with us. Send us an email and we can arrange it. If not, wait until we announce our official meeting (~ week).

And again, we have nothing to do with those sites. I think you do not understand how private registration work. The data, telephone numbers, and address do not correspond to us but to the registrar of the domain.

All you need to do is have a youtube channel and organise a google hangout showing your faces, you dont expect to raise much with all this complain, things are just looking fishy, plus no bounty!
Zechis966

Activity: 350

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:39:30 PM

Hi again,

god damnit it's probably gone. something this scammy wasn't going to give you money back anyway = /

It's a minimal amount but it's relative...and .2 eth might be worth $200 next couple years...

sorry for your loss friend =(

Zechis966

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

can we get dankk banned or something?

Looking at the activity it seems like a clearly purchased/farmed account with the sole purpose now of this scam ICO...

it honestly makes me so sad that we've hit the point where there are highly produced very attractive sites and campaigns that are scams.

People can say others were scams but every high-production ICO I've put into this year has done minimum 4x max 8x and that's just in like 4 months if I had way more capital I'd be way more diverse.

This is the first one that was so promising-looking yet is so hollow...I knew it would happen eventually, I just had hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

It was too good to be true, the short age of honest, highly-produced ICO's without scammy-competition appears to be over.

It was a fun half a year. Now we all have to be even more careful.

This is partially the reason I have only invested in ICO's with linked-jpgs of their team members straight to their linkdins or SOME other form of identification online.

Zechis966

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:53:51 PM

The guy who posted the imgur of the response....dankk even says 'audition' instead of audit...notice how when good ICO's come from foreign countries they always speak great english...they know what an audit is.

and 'dankk' or whatever was active TODAY yet is steering clear of this thread.

He's been busted. SOMEONE needs to do something get a watchdog on that address clearly this person has some internet skills but NOT enough to fool renk or half the others online.

Maybe the weaponized autists would like to hone their skills messing with this one...

It's a scam for sure now.

JFC poor people this makes me so sad...I have *knock on wood* yet to get scammed or lose any money other than to stupid newbie trading newbness...

https://etherscan.io/address/0xe10363e2a568022640be1954f97cc4c96765396a

can't believe my eyes it makes me want to murder dankk freaking puss can't even TRY anymore...it's like watching a stupid scammer on Neopets in 2000 or World of Warcraft or something...cept he's almost at $1 mil

fuckscamers

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:52:01 AM

Most important of all are its terms and conditions (all investors accepted them). Have you read them? They have done well. They do not even have the obligation to distribute the tokens. They were covered by any kind of responsibility. Good times are dead.

We need some regulation to avoid such problems.

FUCK SCAMMERS
Klunex

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:13:44 AM

What do you guys think what do they say to the inverstors after the ICO? (Almost 1M$ already raised  Cry )

1.) They just disapear without saying anything
2.) Sorry we did not raise enough of money for the project. Thank you for the money.
3.) Sorry the technology is not working like we expected
4.) Sorry, we got hacked and all the money got stolen
5.) Sorry, our team got hit by chemtrails. The members got a strong amnesia after that and they couldnt remember their real names anymore. Thats the reason why anybody couldnt find them in the internet. In the mean time the amnesia is progrssed that much that the project must be stopped
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: