Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When the portfolio goes down  (Read 904 times)
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:58:56 PM

Uhh, the thing is you do some researchs about the project before putting that into your portfolio. If you rate the project good and currently undervalue based on your reseach, then you will have the patience and the mental to be alongside with your portofolio to the end. You believe that it will increase and stick with it, the only reason you will dump or sell it if you somehow lose faith in the project either because of the team or some unexpected thing.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:48:17 AM

It is best to be wise if you are on a trade before you are losing much. If you think it will dump and already in a profit better to make an action. If you dont do that you will lose everything then. In this kind of trading its price is really volatile.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:08:43 AM

So it happens to almost everyone who trades altcoin, but how do you deal with it and keep yourself patient and motivated?
When your portfolio, the alts you own all or most of them take a big dump?
Is it very easy to panic and sell for loss, but do you actually keep hope and have the patience to wait?
Most of the cases, I am not facing any downtime for my trading. Because I'm not dealing with altcoins in long term basis hence when I am facing losses with my altcoin trading, I just quit them at my stop loss levels. Similarly for my bitcoin trading, I am not at all finding any worries as I am always being ready to hold bitcoins for years.

The simple tactics I do follow is, I am not going for margin trading and investing into trading what are the amounts I'm having excess after my life's needs. Importantly I am not re-investing my profits but moving them into bitcoins in cold storage.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 08:56:06 AM

So it happens to almost everyone who trades altcoin, but how do you deal with it and keep yourself patient and motivated?
Is it very easy to panic and sell for loss, but do you actually keep hope and have the patience to wait?

It truly depends on what altcoin you are holding with since if you only have some shitcoins onhand well the thing you need tpo do is to dump it. But if the one you hold is starting up then suddenly dump due to the high rised of the price of bitcoins well provably i will hold it since theirs a lot of possibilities for this coin to soar high in future and it was proven by me really on the other alts and i repented to sell my behold potential coin for so early since it pumped so hard right now.

Thats a big lesson to learn thats why I must hodl my alts right now.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:15:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 12:09:14 PM by Kevin77

It truly depends on what altcoin you are holding with since if you only have some shitcoins onhand well the thing you need tpo do is to dump it. But if the one you hold is starting up then suddenly dump due to the high rised of the price of bitcoins well provably i will hold it since theirs a lot of possibilities for this coin to soar high in future and it was proven by me really on the other alts and i repented to sell my behold potential coin for so early since it pumped so hard right now.

The first and foremost thing a portfolio management is patience. You don’t need to be panic with a slight change in the price of the alts. What we study in business that there are reasons and symptoms. The dumping of price is basically the symptom what you need to do is to find the reason of the dump. After you get the findings then the conclusion is easy to make a step.

When we are heartfully accepting the general fact about trading : losses of part of trading, we never get panic nor disappointment. We can simply hold our faith on our skill to have better results in next attempts of trading.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:34:53 AM

The first and foremost thing a portfolio management is patience. You don’t need to be panic with a slight change in the price of the alts. What we study in business that there are reasons and symptoms. The dumping of price is basically the symptom what you need to do is to find the reason of the dump. After you get the findings then the conclusion is easy to make a step.
As long as you are holding the good reputable coins then there is nothing to worry and be panic and dump your coins because if you will see a dump in the market then hold it for long term so you can avoid losses and get a chance to earn higher amount of profits in the future. It is just for temporary and after a few months the dump will be on the opposite direction and you will start earning.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:28:33 AM

Here's some motivation and great advice.  Cheesy

I type d that tyitle twice because I knew it was wrong the first time.  Still wrong.  w/e.  GF's out at a lesbian bar, BTC crashing WHY AM I HOLDING? I'LL TELL YOU WHY.  It's because I'm a bad trader and I KNOW I'M A BAD TRADER.  Yeah you good traders can spot the highs and the lows pit pat piffy wing wong wang just like that and make a millino bucks sure no problem bro.  Likewise the weak hands are like OH NO IT'S GOING DOWN I'M GONNA SELL he he he and then they're like OH GOD MY ASSHOLE when the SMART traders who KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE DOING buy back in but you know what?  I'm not part of that group.  When the traders buy back in I'm already part of the market capital so GUESS WHO YOU'RE CHEATING day traders NOT ME~!  Those taunt threads saying "OHH YOU SHOULD HAVE SOLD" YEAH NO SHIT.  NO SHIT I SHOULD HAVE SOLD.  I SHOULD HAVE SOLD MOMENTS BEFORE EVERY SELL AND BOUGHT MOMENTS BEFORE EVERY BUY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT NOT EVERYBODY IS AS COOL AS YOU.  You only sell in a bear market if you are a good day trader or an illusioned noob.  The people inbetween hold.  In a zero-sum game such as this, traders can only take your money if you sell.

so i've had some whiskey
actually on the bottle it's spelled whisky
w/e
sue me
(but only if it's payable in BTC)

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:02:55 PM

Uhh, the thing is you do some researchs about the project before putting that into your portfolio. If you rate the project good and currently undervalue based on your reseach, then you will have the patience and the mental to be alongside with your portofolio to the end. You believe that it will increase and stick with it, the only reason you will dump or sell it if you somehow lose faith in the project either because of the team or some unexpected thing.
I think the best thing to do is to go through a research work it will be better to go through a skeptical analysis as we have seen people who are sometimes overconfident on the decisions they make and this is what takes them to an end to meet loses. It is good to be optimistic but to be realistic is the best. So, act upon the real basis.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: