Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:38:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: need some advice on buying some feathercoins  (Read 1595 times)
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:25:57 PM

This is pretty much the same people told you 1/2 year ago: Don't pay 46BTC for 100.000 Litecoin, they will be worthless within a year.
You would have been an idiot not to buy 100.000LTC for 46BTC, because 1/2 year ago they where at 0,007 and 100.000LTC would have cost you 700BTC at btc-e. Would be pretty stupid if you didn't take them for 46BTC  Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:31:14 PM

This is pretty much the same people told you 1/2 year ago: Don't pay 46BTC for 100.000 Litecoin, they will be worthless within a year.
You would have been an idiot not to buy 100.000LTC for 46BTC, because 1/2 year ago they where at 0,007 and 100.000LTC would have cost you 700BTC at btc-e. Would be pretty stupid if you didn't take them for 46BTC  Tongue

I think you may have accidentally some math.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:33:44 PM

Look, if you want to spend 4BTC or 6BTC for the risk of buying FTC, go ahead. But spending that much money on a clone coin only a couple weeks in existence, especially since the OP obviously don't know Crypto very well, is a very bad idea.

EDIT: the fact that no one else seems to be chiming in to agree with me makes me think there are a whole bunch of wolves who are more then happy to take your dads six thousand dollars. So, well, have at it then. Don't say I didn't warn you. :-)  Wink

more or less retired.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:04:20 PM

Look, if you want to spend 4BTC or 6BTC for the risk of buying FTC, go ahead. But spending that much money on a clone coin only a couple weeks in existence, especially since the OP obviously don't know Crypto very well, is a very bad idea.

EDIT: the fact that no one else seems to be chiming in to agree with me makes me think there are a whole bunch of wolves who are more then happy to take your dads six thousand dollars. So, well, have at it then. Don't say I didn't warn you. :-)  Wink

FWIW I totally agree with you.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
KCK402 (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:12:14 PM

"Just invest what u can afford to lose, and forget you have them"

He would not do it any other way. He is a gambling man.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:34:27 AM

I didn't post I agreed with you, but I definitely do, it's the most stupid idea someone could have to spend that much btc's on a 2 weeks old coin that has all characteristics of a pump and dump coin. On the other hand, I don't know how much money KCK402's father has. Maybe he's a millionaire and this is only a little bit of playmoney. But I really hope it is an amount he expects to loose. 

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:40:26 AM

In USD what is feathercoin trading at?

If they are trading for a cent each I would consider dumping some BTC on it.

thaile4ever

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:31:50 AM

They're trading around 30 cents each right now on the different exchanges.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:36:34 AM

They're trading around 30 cents each right now on the different exchanges.

Isn't that where Litecoin was just 4 months ago? And this means feathercoin is already worth the same as a PPCoin.

Interesting.
aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:12:01 PM

EDIT: the fact that no one else seems to be chiming in to agree with me makes me think there are a whole bunch of wolves who are more then happy to take your dads six thousand dollars. So, well, have at it then. Don't say I didn't warn you. :-)  Wink

Thanks for your help (sarcasm). My Dad did pretty good today!!

Congrats Smiley

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:04:57 AM

Thanks for your help (sarcasm). My Dad did pretty good today!!

I'm curious- how did that 46BTC buy of Feather coins work out? I see it's down to .0018 at BTC-E. Depending on when you bought and/or sold I figure you either made a lot of money on that huge pump when it got on BTC-E or you got massacred.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:55:20 PM

Any update?

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print