Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:47:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the shitcoin gambling scene dying?  (Read 716 times)
AmarO (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:05:43 AM

I think many people after getting pumped n dumped so many times have decided to stick with the real world coins like Ethereum/XRP. Bitcoin has pretty much hit its potential maybe a 2x left in it.... But I believe it will eventually be overtaken by XRP. This is for many functional reasons but also because XRP is regulated while becoming decentralized. XRP has been maturing into the perfect blend of centralization and decentralization. XRP/Ethereum will rule the market. More and more investors have been getting out of the shitcoin gambling scene you probably should as well. If you want to invest in alt coins research ones that are different and have real world potential. 99% are shitcoins. Only invest in coins you feel have real world use.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:15:52 AM

I think many people after getting pumped n dumped so many times have decided to stick with the real world coins like Ethereum/XRP.
Unless coin is not used by business, merchants, and people for something more than simple speculation it is nothing special than the worst shitcoin.

Bitcoin has pretty much hit its potential maybe a 2x left in it.... But I believe it will eventually be overtaken by XRP.
How do you know that bitcoin has reached its potential? If you think that Ripple, a coin created by corporations and Banks will be better than sovereign coin like BTC, think twice.
This is for many functional reasons but also because XRP is regulated while becoming decentralized.
Bitcoin can be regulated as well, we can see adoption growing, Japan accepted BTC as legal payment method, Australia will do the same in July.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:20:37 AM

ripple has been around for many many years and has done absolutely nothing all these years.
and then all of a sudden after all these years, the price magically rises and that is not a small rise, it is nearly a 6000% rise and when it reaches the limits of pump-ability there are lots of brand new accounts appearing on bitcointalk to tell us how good ripple is. Wink

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:23:48 AM

ripple has been around for many many years and has done absolutely nothing all these years.
and then all of a sudden after all these years, the price magically rises and that is not a small rise, it is nearly a 6000% rise and when it reaches the limits of pump-ability there are lots of brand new accounts appearing on bitcointalk to tell us how good ripple is. Wink
Ripple was intended to be used by banks, and now banks are using it. That's how the price increased.
Any source to your second statement? All coins generally become trending here when their price increases exponentially.
Djentriser

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:34:17 AM

The current Ripple craze will probably die out soon when they see there's not much use to Ripple for us regular Joes. The rest of the shitcoin "gambling scene" as you called it however is here to stay for the indefinitely. People will always be looking for cheap coins that can easily multiply their investment several times. I see no problem with the way things are. I hope there will be no drastic changes in the near future.

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:07:24 PM

I'll stick with XEM.  It will prove itself in time.   
ozaeri

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:14:53 PM

I think many people after getting pumped n dumped so many times have decided to stick with the real world coins like Ethereum/XRP.
Unless coin is not used by business, merchants, and people for something more than simple speculation it is nothing special than the worst shitcoin.

Bitcoin has pretty much hit its potential maybe a 2x left in it.... But I believe it will eventually be overtaken by XRP.
How do you know that bitcoin has reached its potential? If you think that Ripple, a coin created by corporations and Banks will be better than sovereign coin like BTC, think twice.
This is for many functional reasons but also because XRP is regulated while becoming decentralized.
Bitcoin can be regulated as well, we can see adoption growing, Japan accepted BTC as legal payment method, Australia will do the same in July.

Yeah I don't get how ripple fans can assert that its current valuation which puts it at a marketcap above bitcoin is deserved when it has 1000x less real world usage than bitcoin.

Ethereum seems to be popular for funding things but also seems to currently have little real world usage other than that. Obviously these things can change in the future but some of the valuations are really crazy, especially ripple.

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:44:55 PM

I think many people after getting pumped n dumped so many times have decided to stick with the real world coins like Ethereum/XRP. Bitcoin has pretty much hit its potential maybe a 2x left in it.... But I believe it will eventually be overtaken by XRP. This is for many functional reasons but also because XRP is regulated while becoming decentralized. XRP has been maturing into the perfect blend of centralization and decentralization. XRP/Ethereum will rule the market. More and more investors have been getting out of the shitcoin gambling scene you probably should as well. If you want to invest in alt coins research ones that are different and have real world potential. 99% are shitcoins. Only invest in coins you feel have real world use.

I believe you will come to this thread in future when the potential for 2X,3X in both Ethereum and Ripple will be difficult just like it is now in BTC and be promoting another project. We don't know those projects that will succeed but one thing i know more 90% of the current projects will die natural death, it is just a matter of time. The space will evovle in coming months
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:57:40 PM

The altcoins pump is just started
You will continue to see coins with 1000% and 6000% or 10000% very often.

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:26:08 PM

I'll stick with XEM.  It will prove itself in time.   
Yes, today xem started growing up because of many peoples and all of comunity who made investments into xem
that is good growing and i don't think it is the shitcoins gambling,
something new in the world doesn't mean it will be scene dying, it is same with bitcoin in the early,
many people said bitcoin will be died but we can see it is still survive, so do with xem and ethereum.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:02:14 PM

not one person here has genuinely seen anything yet.

let's assume that market caps of the big coins reach the hundreds of billions. that's gonna mean 10-100x more people getting involved. that means 10-100x more greedy clueless noobs eager to hand over their money in the search for the next big thing.

the human capacity for self delusion knows no bounds. look at mmm and onecoin. they're obvious scams yet people still pile in. there's more of a case for shitcoins because they have some nominal functionality you can point to.

it well and truly hasn't even started. everyone here right now could be a millionaire by frontrunning it.

most people here have no vision so they'll blow it long before, but if you sit around long enough you'll be rich.
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:15:10 PM

"
Consider this if you think XRP has an over inflated market cap: the global foreign exchange market does $5.7 trillion per day in fiat transactions. The size of XRP today, despite its tremendous growth, amounts to a “rounding error” in the scope of its market potential. XRP’s current growth is big, but it’s not even a 100th of what it can become.

Ripple is solving a gargantuan real-world problem that is slow and expensive cross-border transfers of money. Speed, or lack of it, is one of the greatest enemies of innovation and business. If Ripple can deliver on its promise of reducing an international wire from 4 days to 4 seconds, the world will change and innovation will move more rapidly than ever before in history. And it’s already delivering.
"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ripple-and-xrp-are-more-stable-than-you-think_us_591cb3bee4b0b28a33f62915

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: