Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Poloniex  (Read 1372 times)
Trustor (OP)

Activity: 342
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:06:40 PM

Hi everybody,

My BTC withdraw is stuck for 10 hours now on Poloniex... The support is doing nothing my transaction is COMPLETED but the TXID they provide doesnt exist. Are there other people in the same situation ? It's unnaceptable from an exchange like polo. I'm thinking about moving elsewhere my daily trade...
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:18:39 PM

I can feel your pain. There are now many Poloniex users who are already complaining of encountering problems using Poloniex...there are those who lost millions while trading because the site stopped functioning and of course just like your case for withdrawals. Poloniex should do everything they can to fix their house otherwise they can be losing the market they painstakingly build up for years.
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:22:39 PM

in case you are using blockchain.info check the TXID in another block explore, sometimes blockchain.info doesn't show some transactions specially during times like this when mempool is very big.

it may not have been confirmed and their node can't get it in its mempool.

to the moon with bitcoin...
Agrello

Activity: 189

Legally-Binding Smart Contracts for all

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 02:22:53 PM

They recently mentioned these issues:
https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.05.16-Industry-growth-and-its-effect-on-Poloniex/

They have had a huge influx of members come into the site. Since ETH spiked, the site went from being used on a regular scale to what it is now. I personally never imagine it becoming this big. Give them some time to adjust the system and get more servers. it sucks for the people who lost money due to this, but it is mentioned in their terms of service that it is not their fault if something like that happens. It would be nice to see more exchanges being used.

ozaeri

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:26:01 PM

Hi everybody,

My BTC withdraw is stuck for 10 hours now on Poloniex... The support is doing nothing my transaction is COMPLETED but the TXID they provide doesnt exist. Are there other people in the same situation ? It's unnaceptable from an exchange like polo. I'm thinking about moving elsewhere my daily trade...

Poloniex is having many troubles right now and support is overwhelmed. I think you are better off moving to a different exchange.

Support will eventually fix your problem if you keep bugging them but they are definitely not a great exchange these days, they can't handle the volume and a lot of people suggest they are behind much more shady things too.

► ► ►    TOR-Q-ALL   |   Blockchain Based Secure Mobile Calls and Internet    ◄ ◄ ◄
PRE-SALE / Nov 22nd
► ► ►        WHITEPAPER        TOKEN SALE        ANN THREAD        ◄ ◄ ◄
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:27:21 PM

Polo is one of the best & top exchange out there.
But polo had some issue with their platform recently.

You can check the news here.
https://twitter.com/poloniex

So it could be the reason for your issue. Stay calm and wait some more time. By the time keep trying contacting them.

Another reason could be..... now it has 197k unconfirmed transactions.
https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

it doesn't matter what they say, their actions are unacceptable. they have a volume of nearly 600,000,000 dollar each day and even if you only consider a 0.2% fee of that amount, it means a 1.2 million dollar pure profit each day. with that amount of money they must provide a much better service.

and i find it funny that all the other exchanges are working well but only they are under DDoS!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:06:17 PM

I think a lot had been complaining about Poloniex, sometimes it takes more than 10 hours for you to get your withdrawal amount and I think Poloniex should do something about it.
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

it doesn't matter what they say, their actions are unacceptable. they have a volume of nearly 600,000,000 dollar each day and even if you only consider a 0.2% fee of that amount, it means a 1.2 million dollar pure profit each day. with that amount of money they must provide a much better service.

and i find it funny that all the other exchanges are working well but only they are under DDoS!
Yeah, pretty normal kind of DDoS which results in Poloniex sending transactions that didn't actually reach the recipient, the site still being up, trades going through for certain people who none of us know and open trades for the coins that didn't get pumped recently.

GetClams.com

Activity: 179
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:47:08 PM

Don"t forget Polo get .2% on b ot sides so they actually make .4% on each transaction. That said I think they are doing the best they can. That .4% is their incentive to keep the machine working smoothly.
playerbtc

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:57:47 PM

Poloniex has many problems if you want to withdraw from their site. They will hold withdraw for verification purpose.I had this problem many times and support told me this is a normal security check. If your IP changed or you tried to withdraw from another device, you may have this experience.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:35:55 PM

Well, when a service is used by tons of people, you are going to have more problems than a service that barely no one uses. Same as altcoins. It's easy to claim "this altcoin is faster than btc" when nobody uses alts to transact.

I'll get my coins out anyway for the time being, and hope that they don't end up going MtGox style. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and an opportunity to sort their stuff, otherwise im done with it. I can't afford having money stuck for 10+ hours until things resolve, too many incidents lately.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:42:22 PM

Hi everybody,

Im a little bit surprised when i read already a quiet amount of complaints about the exchange which they do really mostly have problem on transfers and its quiet confusing when they do already completed the transaction but they cant able to give a valid hash id on such transfer.Hows that possible? regardless of volume,poloniex is really on the top but i see they do really have a problem on handling it.

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:55:51 PM

Hi everybody,

There could be may problems.

One thing you have to remember is that coins are stored in cold wallets to prevent thefts, like exchanges in the past (whether true or not is debatable). Thus there will be delays in getting coins out of cold wallet into hot wallet before processing.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:00:16 PM

Do you want to do the maths again?

Expenditures v incomes = gross profit - taxes = net profit.

No such a thing as pure profit.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Trustor (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:04:31 PM

Okays guys just a quick update for you.

17H later my coins are still stucked into their system this is  clearly unacceptable for a money like bitcoin and an exchange that deal with BILLIONS of dollars every days.

When I tried to speak to a moderator on the chat he said to me to come back in 96h if the support didnt reply. This exchange is clearly a joke. I strongly advices all of you to get all your money out of their system as soon as possible...

Furthermore they gave me a fake TXID to make me think that the transaction was being proceed.
krankNL

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:20:50 PM

I'm facing the same problem in poloniex. Go to trollbox and send a ticket.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:29:07 PM

Today, login Poloniex more difficult than usual! I still have not tried to withdraw btc so it is not clear if there is a problem like you do not!
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:37:40 PM

Hi everybody,

Wait a moment, You withdrew your bitcoins, and it got confirmed, then you say your withdrawal is stuck? 'My transaction is COMPLETED' Doesn't make any sense. Have you or have you not received your bitcoins?!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Trustor (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 09:40:53 PM

Hi everybody,

Wait a moment, You withdrew your bitcoins, and it got confirmed, then you say your withdrawal is stuck? 'My transaction is COMPLETED' Doesn't make any sense. Have you or have you not received your bitcoins?!

My transaction history on Poloniex is "COMPLETED" with a TXID associated. The TXID associated doesnt exist. I never received my coins
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: