Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:41:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BU hardfork or use UASF now is good idea?  (Voting closed: May 27, 2017, 04:26:17 PM)
Yes - 8 (32%)
No - 11 (44%)
I don't know - 2 (8%)
I don't care - 4 (16%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think BU hardfork or use UASF now is good idea?  (Read 1399 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:06:47 PM

Doing nothing is better than Unlimited. That's just too shit to ever be considered.
If Segwit doesn't catch on and Unlimited continues to fall apart, then someone somewhere will come up with something that is acceptable to enough people.
Fortunately the scales are tipping in Segwit's favor.

Since SegWit/BU drama still on going and looks like consensus won't happen any time soon, do you think forcing miner to do BU hardfork or use UASF now is good idea (even with risk block split and bitcoin price crashing)?
I think it's not bad idea since miners have choose different solution and current bitcoin condition get worse over time.

What makes you think the price would crash after a fork? People wouldn't lose anything and their Bitcoins would remain safe.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:44:02 PM

Since SegWit/BU drama still on going and looks like consensus won't happen any time soon, do you think forcing miner to do BU hardfork or use UASF now is good idea (even with risk block split and bitcoin price crashing)?
I think it's not bad idea since miners have choose different solution and current bitcoin condition get worse over time.

What makes you think the price would crash after a fork? People wouldn't lose anything and their Bitcoins would remain safe.

I believe that hard fork will crash the price but it present a great opportunity for those that truly believe in Bitcoin to buy at a lower price again.

I just have a feeling that UASF will become successful and miners influence of the network would then waned significantly.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:51:34 PM

I believe that hard fork will crash the price but it present a great opportunity for those that truly believe in Bitcoin to buy at a lower price again.

I just have a feeling that UASF will become successful and miners influence of the network would then waned significantly.

Seeing the current pending transaction problem does make sense if we consider again about BU. But I still do not approve it, because it will damage the price of bitcoin for an unpredictable period. If we look from the capitalist side, BU does offer a better and more friendly in eyes of the world government. But still it will destroy the essence of bitcoin goal of decentralization.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:01:56 PM

unlimited is dead no matter what happens. i don't have the greatest feeling about a uasf either. how much awareness is there among general users beyond reddit, here and development messaging?

reading a few more details about it, it looks like it could get very messy unless enough people get on board before the time. i guess maybe that's the intention but it's pretty sad that it's come to this.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:18:03 PM

In order of what I would prefer to happen

1. Core wakes up and agrees to SW+2mb

2. Forget segwit and fork to 4mb

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: