Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmation for deposits taking a long time  (Read 604 times)
raisin (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:43:54 PM

About 18 hours ago I submitted a deposit to Yobit from Poloniex.  Since then it has shown as "awaiting deposit" on Yobit.  I contacted Yobit's support and was told "Wait 2 confirmations".  It's my impression that this should only take a few hours at most.  Is this something to worry about?

https://blockchain.info/tx/044d4cdfc3c7ac1efa2892203819e2928e3f0f318767fe290f289118b83a704a

I also transferred from Poloniex to Livecoin yesterday.  On Poloniex it shows that the transaction is completed, but according to Livecoin's support team there was no transaction made to my wallet.  I have contacted Poloniex, but what can I do for this one?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:27:17 PM

The current fastest and cheapest transaction fee is 420 satoshis/byte according to bitcoinfees.21.co (while you only paid 155 satoshis/byte) so Its probably a fee issue, your transaction will take sometime but eventually get confirmed and you will see it in your account as completed so no, there is nothing to be worried about.

As for the second problem, Poloniex should give you the TXID so you should show it to the Livecoin support. Livecoin is somehow a new exchange so I'm going to assume that the problem is either coming from them or you sent the funds to the wrong address.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
raisin (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:52:12 PM

The current fastest and cheapest transaction fee is 420 satoshis/byte according to bitcoinfees.21.co (while you only paid 155 satoshis/byte) so Its probably a fee issue, your transaction will take sometime but eventually get confirmed and you will see it in your account as completed so no, there is nothing to be worried about.

As for the second problem, Poloniex should give you the TXID so you should show it to the Livecoin support. Livecoin is somehow a new exchange so I'm going to assume that the problem is either coming from them or you sent the funds to the wrong address.

That's good to hear, although I did not know about this part.  What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening?

I have a ticket with Poloniex and it is "being processed" so hopefully they can assist.  I check my Livecoin wallet address to where I sent funds from Poloniex and they match.

Thank you!
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:50:55 AM

That's good to hear, although I did not know about this part.  What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening?

I have a ticket with Poloniex and it is "being processed" so hopefully they can assist.  I check my Livecoin wallet address to where I sent funds from Poloniex and they match.

Thank you!

You can't do much for the fees issue because you are sending from one exchange to another and not from a wallet that you own. Wallets usually give you the ability to change the fees or set a priority (normal, high etc.) In order to get your transaction confirmed in a small period of time, exchanges however, don't let you do that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
raisin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:49:20 PM

Thank you!

You can't do much for the fees issue because you are sending from one exchange to another and not from a wallet that you own. Wallets usually give you the ability to change the fees or set a priority (normal, high etc.) In order to get your transaction confirmed in a small period of time, exchanges however, don't let you do that.

That's unfortunate.  Thank you, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: