Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:56:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about selling my bfl 60Gh/z "pre-order" 49xx paid 8/10/12  (Read 1573 times)
jordaninthesky (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:21:37 AM

I have documentation showing I have paid for the order via paypal.  They called me, telling me that if things don't work out, to call them back.  They said they could try to help me if I needed help.  Since I am partial to BFL now, I'm thinking of selling out half my stock in them.  Subject says it.

I would sell it for BTC, as that's what I was trying to get into in the first place.  The terms suggest that if BFL flunks out, than we are BF-fucked.  If paypal is able to give me back my money like they hinted, I will give that over as grievance.  Price paid was $1333.  Or something close to that.

Anyone with recommendations on how to prove my legitimacy and tips with negotiating this?

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:27:54 AM

Meeting in person works for me, and I am located in Syracuse, NY.  I don't know if there is someone around here with reputation that can validate me.  I have a rep on ebay of (300+) 100% positive and wouldn't mind posting a buy it now auction where someone can buy it now, and do the whole mt gox thing and tax the shit out of it, if we were both happy enough for the outcome.
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:21:32 AM

Just thought of something.  If the purchase price is significant enough (enough to send me visit my gf), and to buy sizeable order from bfl.  I'd do the paypal thing and buy more singles for x grand and tell BFL that I'll cancel all the orders if they don't start shipping (or just mine, not yours).
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:59:36 AM

Just thought of something.  If the purchase price is significant enough (enough to send me visit my gf), and to buy sizeable order from bfl.  I'd do the paypal thing and buy more singles for x grand and tell BFL that I'll cancel all the orders if they don't start shipping (or just mine, not yours).

I do not think BFL cares, unless you place $1M+ order, then you will probably get special treatment.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

Id probably offer 4x price paid

ok
TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:34:17 AM

I have documentation showing I have paid for the order via paypal.  They called me, telling me that if things don't work out, to call them back.  They said they could try to help me if I needed help.  Since I am partial to BFL now, I'm thinking of selling out half my stock in them.  Subject says it.

I would sell it for BTC, as that's what I was trying to get into in the first place.  The terms suggest that if BFL flunks out, than we are BF-fucked.  If paypal is able to give me back my money like they hinted, I will give that over as grievance.  Price paid was $1333.  Or something close to that.

Anyone with recommendations on how to prove my legitimacy and tips with negotiating this?

I'd be interested in buying your single - let me know if you want to discuss a deal.
chaxattack

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 03:44:10 AM

Only willing to accept BTC? I just don't have enough yet.
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:44:36 PM

I'd be interested in buying your single - let me know if you want to discuss a deal.

I've decided that my terms aren't fair.  I wanted something now for something I may never get later, and my terms would suggest passing the fuck-over down. 
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:49:08 PM

I would also be interested in buying it for the right price
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:53:35 AM

The reason I want to sell it is so I could sell half of the BTC I get with it.  I expect BTC to fluctuate, but I also want to be able to use the cash on hand.  I don't know how we could propose any sort of arrangement that would grant you the security of you knowing that you will receive my order after I get it.  I don't even know if BFL will deliver!

If there is some way you can think of that would work for me based on this, let me know.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:55:20 AM

well we could agree on a fixed US value and then when I receive the order I can send you the current btc equilvent
epere

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:27:23 PM

what is your price ?

TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:13:59 PM

I am interested in buying for USD via paypal or BTC if you are willing do escrow until delivery with John K or other trusted Hero member.
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:54:11 AM

That's a possibility.  Let's see what happens about the shipping.
xjack

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 03:43:04 AM

I'm within driving distance of Syracuse.  Interested in knowing what you want for it and how you would want the transaction to go. 

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:01:55 AM

This is over with.  A refund was forced back to me for the price I purchased.  I feel betrayed by BFL, but maybe that's how they feel about my speculation.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:38:57 PM

This is over with.  A refund was forced back to me for the price I purchased.  I feel betrayed by BFL, but maybe that's how they feel about my speculation.

You should have hung on - you'll be gutted when people are posting about their 60g miners. You had a 2012 order!

donations not accepted
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:55:10 AM

I wanted to hang on.  I did not elect to have a refund by any means.
FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:35:30 AM

Ok I'm confused.  You didn't ask BFL for a refund but they gave you one anyway?
jordaninthesky (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:08:02 AM

Yes.  Because "I expressed dissatisfaction with their product" (their words), and by "their product", I'm sure they meant their incompetence.

Yep.  They refunded me, and not even at the rate of which they value their own products.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: