Bitcoin Forum
September 09, 2024, 08:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-29 Forbes: Collected Quotations Of The Dread Pirate Roberts  (Read 6322 times)
ancore

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 09:42:57 PM

"I figured it out, I finally know who Satoshi is!"

"Really? Who?"

"Dread Pirate Roberts!"

"Who's that?"

"I dont know, some anomyous person or group."

good one
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 10:46:56 AM

"I figured it out, I finally know who Satoshi is!"

"Really? Who?"

"Dread Pirate Roberts!"

"Who's that?"

"I dont know, some anomyous person or group."

good one
+1
Yes, very good one ;-)

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
midnightmagic

Activity: 88
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

Sometimes I can't help but think DPR is Satoshi. He would have created Bitcoin for the ultimate goal of creating The Silk Road.

Notice how Satoshi disappeared from the community in late 2010, and The Silk Road opened in February 2011, a surprisingly early Bitcoin adopter. DPR also obviously has a financial background and relates to Austrian economics. Both DPR and Satoshi have technical/cryptographic skillsets. One reason for Satoshi wanting to remain anonymous would be to hide his involvement with The Silk Road. Plus Satoshi always said that he is "moving to other projects" when leaving Bitcoin. Etc.

No way. S was way to mild to be DPR. Plus, why would he put the entire economy at risk were he to be found out, just to make a few extra dollars given how mind-bogglingly intelligent he was? Plus the skillset does not match up.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:10:48 PM

Sometimes I can't help but think DPR is Satoshi. He would have created Bitcoin for the ultimate goal of creating The Silk Road.

Notice how Satoshi disappeared from the community in late 2010, and The Silk Road opened in February 2011, a surprisingly early Bitcoin adopter. DPR also obviously has a financial background and relates to Austrian economics. Both DPR and Satoshi have technical/cryptographic skillsets. One reason for Satoshi wanting to remain anonymous would be to hide his involvement with The Silk Road. Plus Satoshi always said that he is "moving to other projects" when leaving Bitcoin. Etc.

No way. S was way to mild to be DPR. Plus, why would he put the entire economy at risk were he to be found out, just to make a few extra dollars given how mind-bogglingly intelligent he was? Plus the skillset does not match up.

The skillsets do match: they are obviously both into cryptography, TOR users, coders, etc.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 11:27:40 PM

I believe DPR is not one man, but a series of individuals who periodically pass the name and reputation to a chosen successor, see The Princess Bride.

BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 03:08:22 AM

Awesome Article... Loved every word of it.

...Getting DPR as a press contact might be a little tricky considering the MSM usually wants to interview press contacts... Not a great way to keep his identity, i'd think.

I haven't debated these issues in a while now, but aren't "private police", as DPR mentions, inconsistent with agorism/voluntarism? Not trying to turn this press post into a political thread, but I seem to recall voluntarism as adhering to a reputation system that punishes through withholding and ultimately through exile, rather than private police and prisons. Perhaps this distinction is what draws the line between voluntarism and anarchocapitalism.
No, that's not really the mainstream thought about private police among AnCaps... Here's a condensed, illustrated version of "The Machinery of Freedom" narrated by David Friedman himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTYkdEU_B4o

(Wish I knew how to embed... Someone PM me with that info, plz!)

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:07:43 AM

I believe DPR is not one man, but a series of individuals who periodically pass the name and reputation to a chosen successor, see The Princess Bride.

nah.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: