Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know if Butterfly Labs ASIC's are shipping yet?  (Read 1664 times)
tony_357 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:07:52 AM

Does anyone know if Butterfly Labs ASIC's are shipping?  I've heard rumours that they might be shipping,
but it seems it's unclear if they are shipping in volume, or anything more than the smallest device.
Also, they seem to be doing this pre-order thing, where it takes up to two months to get your ASIC
based miner.

If Butterfly Labs ASIC miners begin to ship, then if they are really as fast as they say, then the network hash rate will go up, and those who have the first units will profit the most (as the difficulty level will not have increased significantly yet).

Any thoughts?

Tony
rojoRocket

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:41:10 AM

Butterfly Labs has shipped a couple of 60GH/s miners to the guys at Wired Magazine, there is also rumor that they have shipped devices to a couple of civilians. There is an article on Wired.

The hash rate will not be effected by 60GH/s miner sales and I doubt the hash rate will rise to far with only a few hundred 1500GH/s miners being released. Just wait and see what happens, nobody can be 100% of what is going to happen as it is a world first - if their devices work as planned. I hope that the ones that get their devices first make the most as I have ordered 3 mini-rigs (stupid idea - I am currently hiding from my bank) and am on the list of a June shipment.
quicklynx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:53:59 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 01:52:03 AM by quicklynx

"BFL Products Shipping Now
May 1, 2013

Dear ------,

Shipping of our BitForce SC ASIC miners has begun!

You may have seen news reports of our ASIC miners in the wild and some of you may have already taken delivery.  It's all true.  We're finally shipping.  You will receive your order as we work through the shipping queue .

If you didn't know, you can check your order status on our website. Log in by clicking here. Use the same email and password you set up your account with.

If you don't have your password, use the Lost Password function to create a new one.

So what took so long?

This third generation of our SHA256 engine was a complex multi-year investment in bringing the latest semiconductor technology to bitcoin mining.

Developing a fully custom 65nm ASIC processor is not a casual undertaking. In fact, the new products have improved mining speed by a factor of 72. This much advancement doesn't come easy and it's fair to say that getting here has been eventful.

The key issue has been the engineering related to accommodating larger power draws than expected. A good example is the Jalapeno product. It was originally designed to be powered by USB but now consumes the power of a small light bulb (30w).

Consequently the power regulator, enclosure, airflow and PCB needed upgrading to suit. Although we are *very* aware of the undesirable dynamics of any delay, we were nonetheless obligated to make these updates in order to deliver a reliable product at the expected performance.  The same adjustments have been made with all products in the lineup.  You can see the adjusted product cases in our currently posted product lineup.  (The Mini Rig case will be double shipped to satisfy their orders which is why we've run out Mini Rig enclosure stock).

Final confirmation is required

Please be advised that due to the adjustments described above, we need your confirmation prior to release of your order into the final build queue and on to final delivery.  It may also be a good time to review your purchase altogether relative to the bitcoin market as this is the last opportunity to do so.  If your order is not confirmed, it will be canceled and your money will be refunded.

Thank you for your support and we wish you great satisfaction with your product!"

Their forecast was horribly wrong. The price of the ASICs has almost doubled because they found out they were charging a lot less than they should have been. I think they are hoping many don't confirm on their orders so they can cancel it. I doubt BFL would go out of it's way to contact the purchasers when their order is ready to see if they want it.

I've never said anything bad about BFL before until now. I'm sure there are legal reasons for the confirmation, but I'm more than positive they hope I and the rest of you all forget to do so.

I take back my statement as I was wrong! I finally was able to login to the site and the first thing that popped up was the acceptance for the new confirmation with explanation. Thanks BFL
Trank

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:35:22 AM

I think that no one BFL product will be really shipped at all.

This is a my opinion.

And... if BFL will ship some product... BFL never will can manufacture all ASICs it has as pre-order.

Bye.
TransAtlantic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:26:49 AM

I would really be curious to hear feedback from someone here whom would actually have received a BFL ASIC.

Is there anyone?  (Or is it just a myth, as many people somehow think it is...?  )
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:58:36 AM

I received a confirmation from BFL that I should receive my ordered rig by the end of 2015. Otherwise, I will get refunded by the end of 2016
kevcoins

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:07:30 AM

They released some news about accepting some new condition .. either take that or they will give a re-fund. disguise to buy time
kr4x

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:20:30 AM

no they will never ship! accept it
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:23:26 AM

I received a confirmation from BFL that I should receive my ordered rig by the end of 2015. Otherwise, I will get refunded by the end of 2016

Please do show screenshot!

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 03:35:13 AM

Start in the GIGAMINING thread at this point in the thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg1962352#msg1962352

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Swapster

Activity: 131

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 03:53:42 PM

Terms nobody should agree to:

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.

Seriously, this BFL is the biggest scam going. Even if they eventually deliver, it's far too late because the entire point of buying the machines is to make money... and TIME IS MONEY.

My guess is the BFL crew 'tests' the machines for as long as they can until people start demanding their money... so they clean up in the meantime. It's very hard to stop the 'testing' when you are mining all that Bitcoin.

Just saying........
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: