Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question on Memory Pool  (Read 426 times)
r1973 (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:37:35 AM

when running a core client (0.14.1) - on the debug window >> information >> Memory pool -->
what does the `current number of transactions` (more than 100K) and `memory usage` mean?
Attaching an image... >> http://imgur.com/WnzUqfa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 09:39:37 AM

when running a core client (0.14.1) - on the debug window >> information >> Memory pool -->
what does the `current number of transactions` (more than 100K) and `memory usage` mean?

There are 107.552 unconfirmed transactions in your mempool, consuming 107 Mb of memory.
If this bothers you, you can create a bitcoin.conf-file and enter something like
Code:
maxmempool=50
in this file. This way bitcoin core will try to keep the mempool size under 50 Mb

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1973 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:01:49 PM

There are 107.552 unconfirmed transactions in your mempool, consuming 107 Mb of memory.
If this bothers you, you can create a bitcoin.conf-file and enter something like
Code:
maxmempool=50
in this file. This way bitcoin core will try to keep the mempool size under 50 Mb

I don't know exactly how to ask (if discussed or not), but - how there are 114K unconfirmed transactions in my mempool right now, and how can I help to solve this asap?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 01:04:40 PM

Code:
maxmempool=50

I don't know exactly how to ask (if discussed or not), but - how there are 114K unconfirmed transactions in my mempool right now, and how can I help to solve this asap?

You can't... There are different developer groups that have different sollutions to solve this problem, but at the moment it looks as if they're unable to reach a concensus as to which sollution they'll implement (it's a bit more complex, but it boils down to politics). As long as a sollution is not implemented, it's possible the amount of unconfirmed transactions will stay this high (the amount might even rise, or maybe it'll go down in a couple of days,.... nobody knows)
Do realise that those 114k unconfirmed transactions have very little to do with you personally. Those transactions are created by thousands of individuals (or scripts) and broadcasted to the network. Since you run bitcoin core, your wallet also receives these unconfirmed transactions and rebroadcast them...
The only downside for you personally is that so many transactions take up quite a bit of memory, and maybe they'll use some processor cycles to... A different endresult is that the fee per byte of transaction data also goes up (it's an indirect result of the amount of unconfirmed transactions)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
r1973 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:22:26 PM

Code:
maxmempool=50

You can't... There are different developer groups that have different sollutions to solve this problem, but at the moment it looks as if they're unable to reach a concensus as to which sollution they'll implement (it's a bit more complex, but it boils down to politics). As long as a sollution is not implemented, it's possible the amount of unconfirmed transactions will stay this high (the amount might even rise, or maybe it'll go down in a couple of days,.... nobody knows)
Do realise that those 114k unconfirmed transactions have very little to do with you personally. Those transactions are created by thousands of individuals (or scripts) and broadcasted to the network. Since you run bitcoin core, your wallet also receives these unconfirmed transactions and rebroadcast them...
The only downside for you personally is that so many transactions take up quite a bit of memory, and maybe they'll use some processor cycles to... A different endresult is that the fee per byte of transaction data also goes up (it's an indirect result of the amount of unconfirmed transactions)

It went up to 120K unconfirmed transactions (rising fast!!). No worry about the memory and unconfirmed transactions too. I do hope the developers reach a sollution fast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: