Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer 3.1 wont start headless?  (Read 1118 times)
obogobo (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:31:03 AM

Hey everyone. So I recently switched to mining BTC with cgminer from a year or so on phoenix 2.0 because of the built in overclocking and stratum support (whoo)
But I'm having some trouble getting it to start headless. I never was able to get phoenix to do this either but I've heard it's possible with cgminer.

Anways I've been using Windows 7 64-bit forever but if this is going to be a headache I can easily switch to Linux, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced cgminer getting stuck on "Started cgminer 3.1" until a display is attached, HDMI cable is plugged in, etc...

After that it starts up within 10-15 seconds but until then it just hangs there, maybe I can somehow specify the devices I have in the *.conf so cgminer doesn't have to wait until the AMD drivers report the cards as online? Just speculating, thanks in advance!
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:42:24 AM

CGMiner and/or Windows may not recognize the device if nothing is plugged into it. Thankfully, you can either put some resistors into the port itself or make a dummy cable yourself (not hard).

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86507
http://soerennielsen.dk/mod/VGAdummy/index_en.php#1

Should have an adapter with any video card, and you can get a large amount of resistors from ebay for 99 cents (like I did a week ago).
jaydenH

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:56:28 AM

your ram size and brand ?
obogobo (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:16:46 AM

Yeah I'm hoping to avoid dummy-plugs, I know there is a software way to do this!

Ram: 8GB, Gskill Ripjaws 1600

I meant cgminer 3.0.1 in the title by the way.
steban

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:05:35 PM

did you find a way to solve this with software?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: