Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:48:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FED refuses to return back Germany gold after an failed audit  (Read 13582 times)
silvermario (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:35:30 AM

Dr. Long Xinming (4M),- The German government has been storing about half of its gold supply with the US FED, apparently in the NYC FED vaults. Germany decided to bring home all its gold, but the FED has said that isn’t possible to do, and it would need until 2020 to be able to accomplish the transfer.

The story is here: http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/

What is goin on with all this gold theft popping up lately? Where is the gold?

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2013/4/23_Sinclair_-_Swiss_Bank_Just_Refused_To_Give_My_Friend_His_Gold.html
http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Israel-refuses-to-return-US-gold-and-billions-of-dollars
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:23:26 AM

I've been pretty calm about the financial crisis, I haven't seen much that I thought would really cause the house of cards to come crashing down overnight, but this concerns me.

If it's really not there, and it gets out, it's game over. Stock bids vanish, banks meltdown, dominoes crash, everything solid turns to air. Good luck making payroll or even using your debit card two weeks later.

You can't trust physical gold either, even from reputable dealers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOmKCQQz2WA

Time for plan BTC.

bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:28:26 AM

Germany is a de-facto occupied nation behind the charade of a democratic government. Its not really their gold to repatriate.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

This is a major development... we haven't been tied to a gold standard since 1971 BUT all the gold that is "sold" to bullion banks and to other governments usually doesn't actually get shipped it just "sits" in the vaults... just re-labled or something... but if it can't actually be physically delivered.... it means the world financial ponzi is about to collapse...

Freebanking.org

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:52:29 PM

Please don't type "FED" in all caps.  It's not an acronym.  It's not only wrong but makes Fed critics look like complete idiots and discredits our criticisms.  

Not the only indication the story is bogus (though that is inevitably true when you see "FED").  The NY Fed gives public tours of the gold vault all the time, and private ones too (they did for me when I worked for Ron Paul).  The whole site seems sketchy.
Thralen

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:55:11 PM

Actually the seven years to return Germany's gold has been all over the news for a while now. This isn't a new thing. If you go and use your Google-Fu to research it, you'll find that the story is entirely true. Several nations have been repatriating their physical gold reserves in the last couple of years. I don't blame them. If you can't pick it up and hold it, you don't own it.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:58:21 PM

Actually the seven years to return Germany's gold has been all over the news for a while now. This isn't a new thing. If you go and use your Google-Fu to research it, you'll find that the story is entirely true. Several nations have been repatriating their physical gold reserves in the last couple of years. I don't blame them. If you can't pick it up and hold it, you don't own it.

Thralen

Yup, this "news" is at least a few months old.  It's the "FED" that's sketchy, nobody really knows how much gold they have / don't have.  Freebanking is either out to lunch, or possibly a sock puppet??
nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:21:47 PM

I remember news from a few months ago saying Germany was seeking to move their gold out.
I did not really think that this would be the way how things got "resolved".
This also explains to me why gold took a dive.

We'll probably see another dive when Germany tries to do something about this and get "shot down" again.

Good news for BTC bulls!

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Uhh. This is not MSNBC, it's NSNBC.ME which uses a newspaper wordpress theme. Why would anything from this site be considered any more credible than the opinion of a poster here on this very forum? (Not that any news site these days deserves much credit at that).

Dr. Long Xinming is the founder and senior editor of bearcanada.com. He is a frequent contributor to nsnbc international and our partner media The 4th Media in Beijig.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the "source" for this article is the same article from the same author on a different site http://www.4thmedia.org/2013/04/16/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults/ where the only comments were:

Quote from: Craig
None of this can be believed without sources.

Quote from: AntiCraig
@Craig, It’s much easier to document the existence of something than the nonexistence of something, so why don’t you cite some sources that document the existence of the gold? Because they don’t exist. This article has about every gold audit there ever was in the past 60 years.
What you are saying is like saying that you need more and more sources cited of people not seeing ghosts in order for you to believe that ghosts don’t exist.

TL;DR? I'm not saying people shouldn't spread their opinions around like diarrhea, but they should at least have the common courtesy to provide some source paper to wipe it up with.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:18:45 PM

Uhh. This is not MSNBC, it's NSNBC.ME which uses a newspaper wordpress theme. Why would anything from this site be considered any more credible than the opinion of a poster here on this very forum? (Not that any news site these days deserves much credit at that).

Dr. Long Xinming is the founder and senior editor of bearcanada.com. He is a frequent contributor to nsnbc international and our partner media The 4th Media in Beijig.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the "source" for this article is the same article from the same author on a different site http://www.4thmedia.org/2013/04/16/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults/ .......
TL;DR? I'm not saying people shouldn't spread their opinions around like diarrhea, but they should at least have the common courtesy to provide some source paper to wipe it up with.
Google is your friend.

Reality check.

Did Germany get their gold back?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................. .............
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:52:22 AM

Really old stuff. Well, by now we made a deal. The Federal Reserve will buy and deliver us 300 tons till 2020. In return we will not talk about the missing 1236. Wink

Sounds like a deal those days?!

Greetings from Germany. Cheesy
no, it is not a good thing at all.  It is indicative of a greater problem that we don't have knowledge of.  DOes it sound like a deal "these days"?  Yeah, unfortunately...

And greetings to Germany!
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:03:01 AM

Really old stuff. Well, by now we made a deal. The Federal Reserve will buy and deliver us 300 tons till 2020. In return we will not talk about the missing 1236. Wink

Sorry dude, but we're broke.

Greetings from America.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:12:41 AM

If there's anything I remember from my high school economics class, it was my teacher saying something about, if the whole world starts asking America for its money back, and since America has so many debts it can never do that, the world's going to hell.

Can't wait to see what happens next Cheesy  Here's hoping I don't die from it.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:15:26 AM

Greetings from America.
Actually, that's neither a sufficient or a partial answer to the mystery.  The German gold is and always was THEIRS.  It was a physical product warehoused here.  To our knowledge, it could not ever have been sold 100 times to 100 people, as we know has recently happened with some of the supposed 'stored gold'.

So we DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ON.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:18:06 AM

Greetings from America.
Actually, that's neither a sufficient or a partial answer to the mystery.  The German gold is and always was THEIRS.  It was a physical product warehoused here.  To our knowledge, it could not ever have been sold 100 times to 100 people, as we know has recently happened with some of the supposed 'stored gold'.

So we DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT ON.

I know I read somewhere the Fed has been loaning out gold to short sellers, but I'm to lazy to look it up because I don't have much interest in gold.  However, I believe it's likely gone.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
dbru77

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:51:52 AM

"Uncle Sam" is a SCAMMER. Should be blacklisted.

Takes your Gold, sells it to China..like a boss.  

I have no words for this.
Now seriously, where is the Gold?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:34:52 AM

I know I read somewhere the Fed has been loaning out gold to short sellers, but I'm to lazy to look it up because I don't have much interest in gold.  However, I believe it's likely gone.
That would be very interesting if it was true.   Something tells me that would be a closely guarded secret. 

But usually someone sings like a canary sooner or later on secrets.
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:47:30 PM

Why wouldnt germany keep its gold in its own vaults?
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:51:33 PM

just an innocent question, why fuck would sovereign state store its national treasure in another sovereign state's vaults, anybody?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 06:52:03 PM

what Stampbit said

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: