Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:51:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FED refuses to return back Germany gold after an failed audit  (Read 13582 times)
optimator

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

... while we in fact are basically printing money to buy every illiquid state in the European Union to dictate our terms, is ridiculous.

And this is the effect of the fed's quantitative easing policy. In order to remain competitive, since all trade is linked to the dollar, countries around the world need to print money. ECB is no exception. The difference between Germany and other EU countries is that Germany has a robust economy that is able to absorb the printing of those Euros. The smaller countries? Not so much. On the surface you can call it a bailout. I think it's more like the wealth of those smaller countries is being inflated away.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:48:33 PM

just an innocent question, why fuck would sovereign state store its national treasure in another sovereign state's vaults, anybody?
the fed's vaults are not a "sovereign" state. the fed is a private corporation.
that lends money to the US

I actually disagree with the theory that Fannie May, Freddie Mac, the Fed, etc, etc, ad nauseum, are "separate from the US".  They are so created to create the appearance of distance between entities, yes.

ANYWAY, interesting question.

Suppose Germany were to sell some of the gold in the FED vault - auction it on the market. 

What price would they get?

LOL...
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:34:21 PM

just an innocent question, why fuck would sovereign state store its national treasure in another sovereign state's vaults, anybody?

I actually disagree with the theory that Fannie May, Freddie Mac, the Fed, etc, etc, ad nauseum, are "separate from the US".  They are so created to create the appearance of distance between entities, yes.

Suppose Germany were to sell some of the gold in the FED vault - auction it on the market. 

LOL...

A good one. They would sell it as an option to produce the gold for a certain price: Paper gold.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:17:36 PM

LOL...

A good one. They would sell it as an option to produce the gold for a certain price: Paper gold.
Why, here's the way it would have to work in this twisted fucked up bankster world.

You buy the option for the FED held gold from Germany, then by a credit derivative swap as a bet that they don't pay off.  Then you get the gold if they pay, and the gold if they don't pay.

Wait....something's wrong there.....
Schrankwand

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:21:55 PM

LOL...

Why, here's the way it would have to work in this twisted fucked up bankster world.

You buy the option for the FED held gold from Germany, then by a credit derivative swap as a bet that they don't pay off.  Then you get the gold if they pay, and the gold if they don't pay.

You forgot something. You need to sell a future on this one, being a bank and all, with the option to buy it if they happen to ship before day X.

That is, you get a piece of paper that allows you to buy a piece of paper on day x, if the gold backing the piece of papers has been audited yet. At 5% management fees, of course.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:40:24 PM

LOL...

You forgot something. You need to sell a future on this one, being a bank and all, with the option to buy it if they happen to ship before day X.

That is, you get a piece of paper that allows you to buy a piece of paper on day x, if the gold backing the piece of papers has been audited yet. At 5% management fees, of course.

Hey, the lite's going on in my small brain.  So then I get these pieces of paper of my own, like, I own them fair and square.  Then I can sell paper on paper, and the paper that I sold, well people could do paper on top of that.  I could get rich....

But wait....something's not quite adding up...
Stampbit

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:54:46 PM

Ich bien ien!
tinyapps

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:09:55 PM

Why Germany wants its 674 tons of gold back
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/16/why-germany-wants-its-674-tons-of-gold-back/

Germany Wants Its Gold Back—Should You Worry?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100382718

Why Germany Wants to See its US Gold
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-politicians-demand-to-see-gold-in-us-federal-reserve-a-864068.html
A secret report by the Federal Audit Office had been made public ... For decades, German central bankers have contented themselves with written affirmations from their American colleagues that the gold still remains where it is said to be stored. According to the report, the bar list from New York stems from "1979/1980." The report also noted that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York refuses to allow the gold's owners to view their own reserves.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:08:28 PM

Why wouldnt germany keep its gold in its own vaults?
During the cold war they thought it was more safe in the USA because the russians could overrun germany in a day or two.

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:21:55 PM

Please read this, this is so Bogus. If you ever see someone touting their PhD, Dr... it's bullshit, they better be saying what that PhD is in, I have a doctorate in economics... does that mean I can be trusted to do a physical checkup on you? Bogus.

http://www.eruptingmind.com/how-to-persuade-different-types-of-people/

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/TristanLoo4.html

I'm not saying that governments don't do this, but I very well know it is usually one dude; A psychopath/Con artist/ emotionaly disturbed individual who has gained enough power to get people to do as they say. Having been born in Honduras, you could see these people all the time, pulling their cons, inpersonating people in power, gun/drug smuggling, and usually they don't live too long, sooner or later someone finds out and tracks them down. Ever heard of the guy that started the Civil war in Guatemala did the Coup d'etat over the liberal government at the time and got replaced with a dictatorship? His wife bragged about it... you can read the history, they found them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Schrankwand

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:02:05 PM

Why wouldnt germany keep its gold in its own vaults?
During the cold war they thought it was more safe in the USA because the russians could overrun germany in a day or two.

Actually, we have stored over half of the Gold over here. The reason we have kept this gold in several places (London, New York, Paris) is that this way, transactions between countries were easily solved: Move gold from room one to room two. Ten meters difference. Better than loading 3 tons of gold on a transporter and move it from capital to capital.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:01:18 PM

Really old stuff. Well, by now we made a deal. The Federal Reserve will buy and deliver us 300 tons till 2020. In return we will not talk about the missing 1236. Wink

[...] the US did not outright refuse to give them the gold - they reached an agreement that half of it would be returned by 2020.  The important thing is what you get if you read between the lines.

Imagine if you were concerned that the bank where you keep half your money isn't doing well and you ask to withdraw all of it.

They tell you you can't, because "that's simply not practical", BUT, if you don't raise a fuss, they'll pay you back a little bit at a time over the next few years, as long as you keep quiet.

What would you do?

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:34:12 PM

Imagine if you were concerned that the bank where you keep half your money isn't doing well and you ask to withdraw all of it.

They tell you you can't, because "that's simply not practical", BUT, if you don't raise a fuss, they'll pay you back a little bit at a time over the next few years, as long as you keep quiet.

What would you do?

Well, good question.

Their point of view would have some merit, if phrased as a concern against my actions causing a bank run.  I'd require a line of credit against the collateral, at some nominal interest like 0.1%/annum.

Having done that, I'd begin moving fund around, using a random series of ins and outs both temporally and in volume and dollar amounts.

And at the right time, I'd fuck the fuckers.
mg27341

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:36:42 AM

One of the main purposes of having gold reserves is so that your government-in-exile has something to work with in the event of an invasion or a coup.

According to sources more reliable than "nsnbc.me", the German cabinet originally tried to do it the right way and turn $100 billion into Bitcoins and stick them in a multi-sig brain-wallet, but they got stuck in the verification queue.

lol, good one!
Schrankwand

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:40:37 AM

One of the main purposes of having gold reserves is so that your government-in-exile has something to work with in the event of an invasion or a coup.

According to sources more reliable than "nsnbc.me", the German cabinet originally tried to do it the right way and turn $100 billion into Bitcoins and stick them in a multi-sig brain-wallet, but they got stuck in the verification queue.

lol, good one!

Considering the German government... they are so damn backwards, it would not happen before 2030. When all politicians from NOW are pensionated and in retirement.
Fuzzy

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:07:52 PM

What would you do?

Well, good question.

Their point of view would have some merit, if phrased as a concern against my actions causing a bank run.  I'd require a line of credit against the collateral, at some nominal interest like 0.1%/annum.

Having done that, I'd begin moving fund around, using a random series of ins and outs both temporally and in volume and dollar amounts.

And at the right time, I'd fuck the fuckers.

And we're not just talking about Joe Schmoe wanting his $10k from a bank with a few $Billion to work with. Germany's gold holdings at the Fed accounts for a sizable fraction of the Fed's overall gold reserves, and it sounds like that's a much larger fraction than what the Fed has been loaning it out against.

Not only that, but seeing that this is now public knowledge, far smarter and more invested people are going to be concerned, and the implications of a gold run on the Fed is mind boggling.

I just hope I have enough crypto's by that time to sit back and watch it all unfold as the S hits the fan.
Schrankwand

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:17:03 PM

Yeah, they don't want law discussions with germans.

We are going to engage them in hour long meetings after meetings after meetings, stalling and postponing with always new annoying people like our current Foreign Secretary, for hours and hours on end.

After some time, the people will start donating just to give the gold back, hoping that the german delegations are going to stop with the hourlong meetings, protocols and talks about regulations and details. Bureaucracy knockout from Germany? Well, every citizen in Germany had one of those. I had many. There is a joke in Asterix comics from France about "the house that makes crazy people." It was in the Asterix movie about conquering rome. The house that makes crazy people is harmless against German bureaucracy.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:42:52 PM

Yeah, they don't want law discussions with germans.

We are going to engage them in hour long meetings after meetings after meetings, stalling and postponing with always new annoying people like our current Foreign Secretary, for hours and hours on end.

After some time, the people will start donating just to give the gold back, hoping that the german delegations are going to stop with the hourlong meetings, protocols and talks about regulations and details. Bureaucracy knockout from Germany? Well, every citizen in Germany had one of those. I had many. There is a joke in Asterix comics from France about "the house that makes crazy people." It was in the Asterix movie about conquering rome. The house that makes crazy people is harmless against German bureaucracy.

Now I am scared, for the well being of our diplomats who are so unfortunate as to be assigned to work with your people.  Fortunately, we have many who must be demoted from the very top and so you may fight your teams outnumbered, although by dwarfs of small minds, who peer far standing fearlessly from the shoulders of even shorter and smaller minds.
Jobe7

Activity: 238

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:42:01 PM

"Why would you (as a nation) store your gold in another (US) nations vault?"

Simple, same reason you 'store' your money in a bank, kinda.

Totally theoretical 'what if' ..
-----------------------------------------------

Stage 1 - US "Store your gold in our banks, because we have a fuck huge military and NO ONE will start a war with us. So your gold is perfectly safe with us." Whilst leaning heavily on the person playing with a knife that is tapping countries like Vietnam, South Korea, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Iran....

Federal Reserve (a privately run corporation) uses the military might of the USA to make these promises, of which then the gold goes into the Federal Reserves pocket

(I mean, a chunk is in the NYC vaults, and that City is ruled by Kissinger, if you didn't know how evil that fucker is and what he's been behind before, then take a look at the recent wikileaks).

Stage 2 - Clever/evil/greedy bastichs make clever deals and similar over the years, selling bonds/stocks/shares, etc, to slowly move the majority (if not all) of the stored gold into their personal vaults. Or buying the gold up, or lets be serious, these people are NOT above blatantly stealing the lot.

(Bets are - check Rothschilds and various other Bilderberg personal/family vaults to find the 'missing' gold).

Stage 3 - Other nation states "Urm, can we have our gold back now?"
US "Yea... gold..? whats that then?"

Stage 4 - Global economical collapse.

Napleons War, WWI, WWII, and times before and after. Everytime there's a HUGE financial crime, you gotta look between the lines, each war, every time. Usually the UK profiteering, even now (City Of London, the 1 square mile).

You don't need another war, no WWIII will ever happen, just a global economical collapse, well, so the plan goes. Globe turns to gold temporarily, and when fiat picks back up they havn't just brought out other major corporations, or nations... they've brought the damn world.

Notes: Check who profited from each war. Check the sale/collapse of huge corporations that 'they' have brought up over time. Check how many nations they 'brought' (turned into debt slaves) after each war. Check how many nations are actually under their control (have huge debts).

But there's still free people, there's still free land.

BUT - after a global economical collapse, and those that have all the gold rise up and buy everything up ... how much do you think will be free after that?

--------------------------------------------------

Go a park, or open bit of grass, where you can get a good view of your local area, or just a good view of a lot of houses and buildings. Now how much of all that see is owned by the banks? How many houses per 100 can someone say "I own my house fully." How many people will be able to say that after a global collapse?

Men who think they are oppressed will someday fight. I will remove from them not just their will to resist, but the very suspicion that something is wrong.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:49:39 PM

Does anyone else here read all this and think 'why are we still using gold?'. It seems so primitive and outdated...

What we need is some sort of digital version  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: