Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:14:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos  (Read 18395 times)
gentil (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:23:07 AM

no risk no reward. go for it man

thanks, my thoughts too.

Golos is nearly back to the pre correction price already. Most cryptos dropped more. I'm still feeling confident  Cheesy

Live by the sword, die by the sword

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:47:32 AM

Can you Guys tell me where GOLOS is traded and if there is an OP for it even though it's a Russian coin? I wouldn't mind buying a little stash and forgetting about it for a year or so. I am more of a person who likes to baghold something for long term.  Smiley Do you think there will be an English interface added also?

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 08:09:29 AM

Never put all of your eggs in 1 basket. That is one of the most basic rules of investing.

No risk no reward my friend. Some of the greatest fortunes of all time have been made by people going all in. These people were visionaries and believed to their very core the success of said investments.

Seemed to work out pretty well for Roger Ver has it not? Still holding his 300 000 BTC through all these ups and downs.

The rule you mention is for those who take advice from others and cant think for themselves.

All in or all out; don't half ass something if you truly believe in it and are able to see the impact it can have on the world in the future.

xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 01:30:16 PM

Need to be careful when you are all in a single coin.

gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:24:33 PM

Never put all of your eggs in 1 basket. That is one of the most basic rules of investing.

No risk no reward my friend. Some of the greatest fortunes of all time have been made by people going all in. These people were visionaries and believed to their very core the success of said investments.

Seemed to work out pretty well for Roger Ver has it not? Still holding his 300 000 BTC through all these ups and downs.

The rule you mention is for those who take advice from others and cant think for themselves.

All in or all out; don't half ass something if you truly believe in it and are able to see the impact it can have on the world in the future.

thanks those are my thoughts.

The simple truth is, I did my research and believe Golos is the most undervalued crypto coin on the market. People laugh at me because its Russian etc others comment that I should not have all my eggs in one basket. Of course I understand this viewpoint, its normal investment advice. But normal investment advice doesnt get you rich quick.

If Roger Ver had visited an investment adviser, he would have told him to sell 95% of his bitcoins when the bitcoin price was $4 because of the risk and volatility. Diversifying makes you less likely to get rich.

If Roger Ver had diversified he would probably be worth like 95% less than he is today.

Getting rich quick isn't exactly a noble reason, but its my goal. Holding Golos will make me rich

BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 09:13:09 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2017, 09:30:22 PM by BitWhale

Are you rich yet?

Live by the Golos, Die by the Golos! Cheesy
gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:15:29 PM

Are you rich yet?

haha I like that!

Golos is my sword, I hope it doesn't kill me  Cheesy

I'm not rich yet, but its going to happen with Golos

BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:34:29 PM

Are you rich yet?

haha I like that!

Golos is my sword, I hope it doesn't kill me  Cheesy

I'm not rich yet, but its going to happen with Golos

Well things are starting to rebuild, I doubt you will be killed when it's such a small marketcap anyways. Lots of opportunity if things play out right. Keep holding with conviction man!
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 04:40:38 PM

Remember you should never put all your eggs in one basket, you probably should only move like 5% of your portfolio into any coin, but it's your money.

Good luck.

I also own a small business, so its not like all my eggs are in one basket. Just lots of them  Cool

I hope you were right to put lots of your funds into golos coin, I just came to know about this coin, thanks for share and the data of course. Need more time to read about it and learn the market, whether it will be like your prediction or something else. How long you think it would be, like make you rich with your current investment if its going to happen with golos?
death69

Activity: 1202
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 06:17:50 PM

no risk no reward. go for it man
I agree with you. The more risk you take, the more profit you can earn. A little lose will give your more experience in this field
gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:34:52 PM

Remember you should never put all your eggs in one basket, you probably should only move like 5% of your portfolio into any coin, but it's your money.

Good luck.

I also own a small business, so its not like all my eggs are in one basket. Just lots of them  Cool

How long you think it would be, like make you rich with your current investment if its going to happen with golos?

Good question. I think if this current crypto bull market continues then the market will realise soon enough that Golos is undervalued. Maybe 1-2 months.

However if we enter a bear market then btc and most alt coins will correct sharply including Golos, and I don't think the Golos pump will happen during this time. What do you think?

Patinix

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 11:37:54 PM

OP, do you still believe in this - and is it too late to invest?

▀  ███       LEDGER  WALLET   PROTECT  YOUR  BITCOINS
▀  ▀▀▀       Smartcard security for your bitcoins        Decentralized,Open,Secure         Available now  []
▀  ▀  ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 05:17:16 AM

How long you think it would be, like make you rich with your current investment if its going to happen with golos?

Good question. I think if this current crypto bull market continues then the market will realise soon enough that Golos is undervalued. Maybe 1-2 months.

However if we enter a bear market then btc and most alt coins will correct sharply including Golos, and I don't think the Golos pump will happen during this time. What do you think?

Yeah, as bear market could emerge at any time but if golos really has potential then it should rise.
About how long, I think you already stated it ; So the market cap of Golos is about 53 times smaller than Steemit, but there are only 3.8 more English speakers than Russian speakers. All other things being equal the market cap of Golos should be 3.8 times smaller than Steemit, so $56 million (instead of the current $4 million)

Steemit is about 13 months old
Golos is about 4 months old

Which means 13-4 = 9 months, consider how a coin could grow based on market movement and demands, at least you should wait for 9 months later (like waiting for the birth of a child, but here for your wealth).
But it may depend on your funds that has been invested, if you don't mind, may I ask how much your investment in golos? maybe just say around $5,000 without exact number. And how much I have to invest which could make me at least closer to become rich? Grin
gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:23:13 AM

OP, do you still believe in this - and is it too late to invest?

On my calculations its still very early.

The market cap of Golos is still only 8% of Steem, when I believe it should be 20-25%

gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

if you don't mind, may I ask how much your investment in golos? maybe just say around $5,000 without exact number. And how much I have to invest which could make me at least closer to become rich? Grin

I've got significantly more than $30,000 in Golos, thats all the cash I have.

I  don't know how much you could invest, it depends on your definition of being rich

N.B. Investing is your decision, not mine! All crypto currencies btc included carry significant risk. But no risk, no reward   Cheesy

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 01:04:53 PM

Can you Guys tell me where GOLOS is traded and if there is an OP for it even though it's a Russian coin? I wouldn't mind buying a little stash and forgetting about it for a year or so. I am more of a person who likes to baghold something for long term.  Smiley Do you think there will be an English interface added also?

It's traded on Bittrex:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GOLOS

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
gentil (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:29:30 PM

It's traded on Bittrex:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GOLOS

until recently there appeared to be the idea that coins needed to be traded on Poloniex to make it big. Maybe this held some truth a while ago, but certainly not anymore. Bittrex does daily volumes of 34,000 btc currently, and its been has high as 50,000. Up from only 2,000 in February 2017.

Large coins like Waves arent on Poloniex have markets caps of several hundred million USD

For Golos to reach $60+ million I dont think not being traded on Poloniex will matter

gentil (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:33:54 PM

As I predicted in my OP, Golos is steadily catching up on Steem  Smiley

As of June 5 it is currently 5% of the market cap of Steem (still way below the 20-25% it should be)

Daily trading volumes of Golos have never been anywhere close to this high.

The past 24 hours trading volumes hit $155,000, nearly 3x higher than the previous spike a few weeks ago

Remember that this year Golos has underperformed the alt coin market.

It hit $10 million in February briefly, and is currently priced at $19 million. Some alt coins have gone up 50x or more during the past 4-5 months, where as Golos is up only 2x. Thus I still feel the potential downside of Golos is much lower than most other alt coins as its not in a huge bubble, whilst its potential upside is higher due to the Steem price mismatch.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:05:37 PM

I think when you first opened this thread, Golos was at about 2000 satoshis - it's now at 5700 satoshis. So you've almost tripled your money. Well done!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
gerad09

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:52:11 PM

True, better invest in atleast 3-5 coins because then it's more chances to make it to the Moon Cheesy

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: