Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm selling all my alt coins and putting everything into Golos  (Read 18395 times)
gentil (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:21:09 PM

I think when you first opened this thread, Golos was at about 2000 satoshis - it's now at 5700 satoshis. So you've almost tripled your money. Well done!

thanks, but it is still very early days

Steem is still 21x the value of Golos when it should be 4-5x from my calculations in the OP

The risk/reward of Golos is still much higher than any other crypto coin I see, which is why I remain 100% invested in Golos only  Cheesy

Live by the sword, die by the sword

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:49:16 PM

What do you think is the ceiling in the next few months?
ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:16:59 PM

I've come to the conclusion that Golos http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/golos/ is massively undervalued. For this reason I've decided to sell all my other alt coins and put everything into Golos. Here's why:

Good luck with that...

P.S.: Always diversify
gentil (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:06:17 PM

There is no ceiling whilst the platform gains increasingly large numbers of users.

Just look a Steem today - screenshot http://prntscr.com/fgoecn

This post has earned nearly $5,000 and it was only posted yesterday https://steemit.com/blog/@darthnava/fellow-steemers-i-need-help-as-my-mri-results-are-not-encouraging

People are starting to earn $1,000 plus for posting content!

I've never see high engagement levels. Don't forget Golos has only existed since January 2017

Steem is up more than 50% today. I'm thinking of getting a bank loan to put more into Golos.

BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:53:54 PM

There is no ceiling whilst the platform gains increasingly large numbers of users.

Just look a Steem today - screenshot http://prntscr.com/fgoecn

This post has earned nearly $5,000 and it was only posted yesterday https://steemit.com/blog/@darthnava/fellow-steemers-i-need-help-as-my-mri-results-are-not-encouraging

People are starting to earn $1,000 plus for posting content!

I've never see high engagement levels. Don't forget Golos has only existed since January 2017

Steem is up more than 50% today. I'm thinking of getting a bank loan to put more into Golos.

Only get that loan if you are willing to pay it back if things go south. I've known a few people that were "so sure" litecoin was going to $200 back in 2013 and took out a mortgage on their house. You can guess how that went.

So all I'm saying is, just make sure the risk matches the reward. Don't do anything crazy Tongue
Lankster

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:28:04 AM

Good work in finding a bargain...

But to just assume that Golos will work with Russians as Steem it has with English users is pretty damn foolish.

Dont put all ur eggs in one basket friend.
gentil (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:11:15 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 09:30:51 PM by gentil

Good work in finding a bargain...

But to just assume that Golos will work with Russians as Steem it has with English users is pretty damn foolish.

I'm not assuming. I can see for myself that Golos is gaining popularity by looking at the number of posts, comments, curators etc. Same as I can see with Steem

Golos is a much safer bet than other alt coins that have zero traction anywhere yet have market caps above $200 million based on pure speculation

TGJJ

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:10:31 AM

Credit to the OP of this thread. The price of Golos has increased 380% since the original post was made on May 18.

During that time the combined alt coin market is up only 71%, so the belief that Golos is underpriced seems to be true

gentil (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:51:35 PM

Credit to the OP of this thread. The price of Golos has increased 380% since the original post was made on May 18.

During that time the combined alt coin market is up only 71%, so the belief that Golos is underpriced seems to be true

thanks  Cheesy

Interestingly also is that since I made the OP on May 18 Steem is up 189% too.

Sure not as much as Golos, but both coins have really outperformed the market recently.

I think they are getting more investment because they actually have traction and its growing - ie people using them how they are designed, instead of their price being pure speculation.

As crypto markets increase in value I believe coins that actually have some traction are going to get more investment. And there are currently very few cryptos with traction

gentil (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:01:14 PM

Just seen a video where the the founder of World Alternative Media, Josh Sigurdson states he believes platforms like Steem / Golos will be the future of social media https://youtu.be/qcvDDwN1bGQ?t=9m40s

Given that Josh runs his own media company I believe this is a strong vote of confidence

serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 08:04:44 PM

Hey guys updates the English topic. Would love to see some comments

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1760370.msg19692984#msg19692984

Game of Links

cyber~license©
gentil (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:55:04 PM

Unless you speak Russian Golos is obviously hard to analyse  Tongue

As such I hired a Russian contractor on Fiverr to analyse some of the content on Golos.io I did this a while back before I invested, but I'm doing it again.

I want to review the quality of articles / user engagement etc.

You can see his findings in this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CXVats29VieNHgl9j9AqE3tfuEF89Y855-PmjUMO0v0/edit?usp=sharing

stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:58:21 PM

Just seen a video where the the founder of World Alternative Media, Josh Sigurdson states he believes platforms like Steem / Golos will be the future of social media https://youtu.be/qcvDDwN1bGQ?t=9m40s

Given that Josh runs his own media company I believe this is a strong vote of confidence
People say those kind of things all the time, whether they decide to build that it is entirely up to them and the people that invested in the project. There’s a large amount of coins out there that featured a Social Media platform though they didn’t really do to well after a few months.

They might be trying to build a stronger Social Media platform though I know that most people that use Bitcoin like to stay anonymous.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
gentil (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:04:39 PM

People say those kind of things all the time, whether they decide to build that it is entirely up to them and the people that invested in the project. There’s a large amount of coins out there that featured a Social Media platform though they didn’t really do to well after a few months.

They might be trying to build a stronger Social Media platform though I know that most people that use Bitcoin like to stay anonymous.

What other coins have a social media platform and have traction?

gentil (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:35:48 PM

I've noticed that Golos isn't correcting nearly as much as other alt coins https://snag.gy/sokHea.jpg

Its all time high was around $0.17 and its currently at $0.13. Not much difference.

Many other alt coins are 60-70% plus down on their all time high

It seems that Golos was one of the few alt coins that wasnt overbought during the bull run

serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 09:42:42 PM

I've noticed that Golos isn't correcting nearly as much as other alt coins https://snag.gy/sokHea.jpg

Its all time high was around $0.17 and its currently at $0.13. Not much difference.

Many other alt coins are 60-70% plus down on their all time high

It seems that Golos was one of the few alt coins that wasnt overbought during the bull run

🎅🏻😎🎢

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:09:43 PM

One thing to consider is platforms like Steemit need a userbase to thrive since a lack of activity is boring so it isn't just a linear calculation of this many users should equal a certain market cap. It is a compounding effect.

It's not linear, it's approximately exponential see Metcalfe's Law...
So if Steem has 7x activity, it should be worth 49x more... which it is. Amazing.

Also, the Steem business model fails to attract professional writers...
Experts with a brand that actually know something about a subject are not gonna play a lottery.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:49:19 AM

im sure most folks will be sitting here saying "look at this guy trying to pump his coin/bag" and mabye you are BUT at least you have tried to back it up with info and links unlike most

its definitely an interesting pov you put forward, scholl!! as the vikings used to say
At least he put some effort into it unlike most people that just post buy this coin because I say so, the project has potential, but it is not really a thing that I would invest on.
gentil (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:01:05 PM

One thing to consider is platforms like Steemit need a userbase to thrive since a lack of activity is boring so it isn't just a linear calculation of this many users should equal a certain market cap. It is a compounding effect.

It's not linear, it's approximately exponential see Metcalfe's Law...
So if Steem has 7x activity, it should be worth 49x more... which it is. Amazing.

Also, the Steem business model fails to attract professional writers...
Experts with a brand that actually know something about a subject are not gonna play a lottery.

Steem has maybe 7x the activity, but its been around much longer than Golos.

On what basis are you saying the Steem business model fails to attract professional writers? Its only been around for 1 year!

Also - whilst the business model might not be perfect, its better than publishing on something like wordpress.com, medium.com etc. With Golos at least you have a CHANCE of earning money for publishing content. With other platforms you need to try monetise in other ways.

cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:28:56 PM

I got to fully agree with this guy ^ he has a valid points

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: