Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:18:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex 2 factor recovery  (Read 894 times)
rich0292 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 10:25:27 PM

Hi there,

The screen of the phone that I use for 2 factor authentication is broken and I didn't note the 16 digit recovery code.

I've opened a Poloniex support ticket 7 days ago and I've yet to receive a response so I'm wondering if I have provided all of the correct information.

For example they ask for a "Recent deposit transaction ID". I assumed this meant the public Bitcoin addresses I have used to transfer coins in to Poloniex but now I am not sure. Is this correct?

I assume that Poloniex support can look in to your account. I hope so because I can provide all sorts of dated balance information, is this kind of evidence admissible?

Thank you for any information,
Rich0292.
Dr Charles
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 10:29:05 PM

Hi there,

The screen of the phone that I use for 2 factor authentication is broken and I didn't note the 16 digit recovery code.

I've opened a Poloniex support ticket 7 days ago and I've yet to receive a response so I'm wondering if I have provided all of the correct information.

For example they ask for a "Recent deposit transaction ID". I assumed this meant the public Bitcoin addresses I have used to transfer coins in to Poloniex but now I am not sure. Is this correct?

I assume that Poloniex support can look in to your account. I hope so because I can provide all sorts of dated balance information, is this kind of evidence admissible?

Thank you for any information,
Rich0292.

The transaction ID is not the bitcoin address. It is the literal txid hash. If you take a look at the account that you sent bitcoin from, you should be able to find your txid and send it to polo.

Additionally, you should be able to replace your phone or your phone screen and recover your 2FA from google authenticater.  Polo has been swamped in the last few days with all sorts of delays and heavy traffic. Some people are waiting 7 or more days for a response so just be patient.

rich0292 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:33:28 AM

Hi there,

Thanks a lot you've saved me and my support some time. When they finally do get to me I'll have all of the correct information.

Not sure how else I'd have found out that Transaction ID meant txid without you.

I think I'll wait rather than pay £160 for a new screen as I've already bought a new phone.

Thanks again,

Rich0292.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:42:59 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 04:07:03 PM by vapourminer

some phones can be used with a HDMI converter that you can plug a usb mouse and keyboard into (it connects to the phones usb port). then just hook up a mouse  and plug it into your tv/monitor.

its how i was able the use google auth on my broken screen note 4. once i had the 2fa code off that phone, i disabled it in my exchange accounts and the various other sites i had 2fa enabled on and then reenabled it on the new phone on the new google auth, making sure i had the recovery codes written down this time Smiley

search for "otg hdmi android" make sure it supports mouse/keyboard and that your phone can use it.
Xenon91

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

Did you get a response from poloniex? I have been waiting for 7 days without access to my account.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:45:55 PM

I think I'll wait rather than pay £160 for a new screen as I've already bought a new phone.
Which phone you have right now? £160 to just change your screen sound quite high.

Anyway if you are willing to than you can wait for response from poloniex support. I have also enabled 2FA there but I have made a copy of my recovery words to access my account if I get into similar problem. Next time, don't forget to make proper backup.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: