Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:45:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I figure out which address owns which bitcoin?  (Read 835 times)
xali (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:22:02 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2011, 03:50:35 AM by xali

I should be able to do this in the default bitcoin application; because this is really silly.

If I could do this, then I could send exactly how many bitcoins I have pertaining to a specific address. And if I do this then that means i would never get transaction fees right?

Oh I just figure out a makeshift solution : put in every single receiving address into block explorer but this is REALLY tedious if you have a lot of address, which you will because every new transaction=new bitcoin.

In fact this is a reason AGAINST using a new address every time. If I can just load up on bitcoins using only ONE address then I would never have to pay transaction fees right?

And not paying transaction frees is a good thing because then it means there's less load on the network right?

Edit: Y U NO REPLY?!? If you don't know the answer but are interested at all PLZ bump. will double posting get me banned?! '_'

someone else had been posting on my account for over a year; Every post from January 10 2017 to June 18 2018 is NOT ME
Whoever this person was that got access to my account, felt the need to shill something called "bidium" in my signature
very surreal. is this normal? the internet is full of crooks... watch out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xali (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:30:57 AM

BUMP....

someone else had been posting on my account for over a year; Every post from January 10 2017 to June 18 2018 is NOT ME
Whoever this person was that got access to my account, felt the need to shill something called "bidium" in my signature
o

Activity: 76

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:59:41 AM

You are misunderstanding how the system work. There is no such thing of which bitcoin. It is just a number associated with the address and there is no way to distinguish between different number.

Also, the transaction fee is used to pay for the miner who process and record the transaction in the network. Hence, the bitcoin client always ask you for the transaction fee when you want to make transaction, regardless how many address you have and how you spend bitcoin. All transaction demand the resource from the bitcoin network. Hence, not paying the fee is bad for the network because people can spam the network and affect all normal transaction.
xali (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:48:23 AM

You are misunderstanding how the system work. There is no such thing of which bitcoin. It is just a number associated with the address and there is no way to distinguish between different number.

Also, the transaction fee is used to pay for the miner who process and record the transaction in the network. Hence, the bitcoin client always ask you for the transaction fee when you want to make transaction, regardless how many address you have and how you spend bitcoin. All transaction demand the resource from the bitcoin network. Hence, not paying the fee is bad for the network because people can spam the network and affect all normal transaction.
no you are wrong

" At the moment, many transactions are typically processed in a way where no fee is expected at all, but for transactions which draw coins from many bitcoin addresses and therefore have a large data size, a small transaction fee is usually expected."
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fee

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: