Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 06:21:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: At what point will the backlog of unconfirmed transaction affect BTC price?  (Read 1595 times)
SwagGirl

Activity: 130

GetClams.com

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

You summed that up very well. Please share with us you you tink might happen if you had to guess.

In the past I have misjudged inertia rather badly, e.g.  I was a researcher at AT&T Bell Labs back when Lucent was created, cleaving the equipment
design/manufacture from the service. A rampant question among us was where to go? Lucent or AT&T? I knew quite a lot about the
products Lucent would inherit and I was confident that Lucent was ultimately a loser... too big/wasteful/slow/unaware/noncompetitive relative
to all the hungry upstarts.

I knew it was a loser, but made the mistake of thinking that because the collapse was inevitable, because I saw it, it would start happening.
It did happen, but first I watched a 20-30 times price growth in the stock over a couple+ years   -  a case of "the market can remain
irrational longer than you can remain solvent'.

Many people in this domain have very strong opinions about what is going to happen.
It is a very human way of processing information. Start with agenda; weigh each piece of information as it comes in; if it supports my agenda I
call it true; if it hurts my agenda I call it false, and slander the source of the information while I am at it.

I am interested in profit, not satisfaction for my id (as in the Freudian id).
So... to answer your question, I really do not know. I feel sure it will be a problem, even with support for a "solution", rolling it
out at current political/monetary scale will be non-trivial indeed.

But I respect the power of inertia which I suspect will keep the ball rolling
until there is enough critical mass of complaint.

Right now I have traded  more than 1/2 of my btc for eth (and some etc), since that is a logical path
for a BTC holder to solve the delay and expense problem. I'm guessing eth will continue to gain market share
from btc, and it could run up quite a bit more before it is done. They also have a good mass of marketing/hype going.
I'm about 25% cash, and I have software keeping a very close eye on the fear/greed price dynamic. I'll be happy
to jump ship when the mood changes or the next piece of disaster-news pops up.

If I could find cheap long-term puts, out of the money LEAPs for btc, I'd be buying some.

[/quote]

You can say that about bitcoin on this site somebody might stone you! Great analysis.

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
peter0425

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:17:06 PM

First I want  to say bitcoin can not be stopped and will never go away. Thats said everybody says it is a huge problem with a backlog of about 200k transactions.

What would happen at 300k, 500k?

If the investors will notice that because of the big amount of unconfirmed transactions then it will be a huge problem for bitcoin because they will think that bitcoin is not convenient because of its unconfirmed transaction so there will be a chance that a panic selling will occurs and that will affect the bitcoin price.

But they are investors, they don't care if there is a huge backlog of unconfirmed transactions. They will just put their money on bitcoin and just hope it will double in the next couple of months. For some this is a problem, specially if you are using it everyday to transact business online. But I don't see people panic selling, because the price of bitcoin now is really strong.

▄▄          ▄▄          ▄▄
████        ████        ████
▀▀    ▄▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄▄    ▀▀
▄█████▄ ██ ▄█████▄
████████████████████
▄▄     ▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀      ▄▄
████ ▐███████▌ ████ ▐████████  ████
▀▀     ▄█████▄▀▀▀▀▄█████▄      ▀▀
████████████████████
▀█████▀ ██ ▀█████▀ 
▄▄    ▀▀▀   ▄▄   ▀▀▀    ▄▄
████        ████        ████