Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTgox add litecoin in 2 month ?  (Read 3560 times)
Aqui (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:18:18 AM

it is the end of hight price for bitcoin if is right ^^
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

Am I taking your word for it?

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:31:41 AM

Perhaps you will take MtGox's: https://mtgox.com/pdf/20130424_ddos_statement_and_faq.pdf

It will be interesting to see how speculators react to that.
Krabby

Activity: 644

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:47:38 AM

Perhaps you will take MtGox's: https://mtgox.com/pdf/20130424_ddos_statement_and_faq.pdf

It will be interesting to see how speculators react to that.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you.

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
just1nmc

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:55:21 AM

LTC was pumped up a month ago from this news; I'm not convinced it has much more room to go up for now.

It seems like a lot of people bought, and are waiting for a big increase once MtGox accepts it. Once they sell, I think it will outweigh the new buyers.

Most people buying litecoins have, or have had bitcoins. BTC can be easily traded for LTC at btc-e right now, so I don't see why MtGox would bring in too many new buyers.
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 11:58:56 AM

LTC was pumped up a month ago from this news; I'm not convinced it has much more room to go up for now.

It seems like a lot of people bought, and are waiting for a big increase once MtGox accepts it. Once they sell, I think it will outweigh the new buyers.

Most people buying litecoins have, or have had bitcoins. BTC can be easily traded for LTC at btc-e right now, so I don't see why MtGox would bring in too many new buyers.

There are a very large number of bitcoin users who don't realise that BTC-e exists!

When MTGox shows them an alternative coin, at only $4 a pop - its going to go mental! Wink

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:14:04 PM

LiteCoin is like a new major IPO to be released in the market, which pretty much guarantees profit (most of the time) to early adopters. It will surely be dumped immediately once it approaches 100% - 300% return for the early adopters as they cash in. I see it going $10 on day 1, possibly $15-$20 in a week then MEGA DUMP back to $4-$7, on the long run it will keep going up as long as BTC stays on a stable upward trend.

I think there is great potential with litecoin, BTC-e's deposit methods are v restrictive which makes it difficult for most to invest.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:51:25 PM

Buy on speculation, sell on news.

When it finally happens, the price is going to tank. There may be more people speculating MtGox customers are going to buy than there are MtGox customers actually willing to buy.

The only thing I do anticipate is that there will be a "bubble" in Litecoin, but it almost stands to reason that we're seeing that right now. I just don't know how ridiculous the LTC-BTC rates will get before it happens.

This could be the equivalent of "NASDAQ $5000" that everyone was hoping to see in altcoins, however.

Is Litecoin even being actively developed for anymore? How likely do you think it would survive a bubble pop if there are no new features for it on the horizon?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:23:22 PM

LiteCoin is like a new major IPO to be released in the market, which pretty much guarantees profit (most of the time) to early adopters. It will surely be dumped immediately once it approaches 100% - 300% return for the early adopters as they cash in. I see it going $10 on day 1, possibly $15-$20 in a week then MEGA DUMP back to $4-$7, on the long run it will keep going up as long as BTC stays on a stable upward trend.

I think there is great potential with litecoin, BTC-e's deposit methods are v restrictive which makes it difficult for most to invest.

it has already surpassed 300% for early adopters. if you got in before march you have already made a lot. problem is; its just a copy of btc with holes in it and there is no development behind it to improve upon it. their own wiki states it is a pump and dump scheme. not cool guys.

however, i own a small amount, purchased at 4 cents, and i will hold and see. the fools could help me translate my already huge gain into even more gain which i will then convert to btc. if it tanks i wont lose a penny cuz i already cashed out my original investment.

if you want to emulate this process, buy into ppcoin now. after the manipulators are done raping ltc to death, they will do the same thing to ppcoin (then ftc, then nmc, then w/evercoin)
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:49:46 PM

their own wiki states it is a pump and dump scheme. not cool guys.

That's currently all Luke-jr's doing, as far as I can tell.  https://twitter.com/LTCBTC/status/329069888494776321
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:10:10 PM

I have a video here proving that Litecoins are a better investment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOCKm4aEIXE  Wink

(Obviously, I'm sarcastic.)
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:22:23 AM

problem is; its just a copy of btc with holes in it and there is no development behind it to improve upon it. their own wiki states it is a pump and dump scheme. not cool guys.

And a wild retard approaches....

Lol.  I think this sums up all the idiots in bitcoin-la-la-land.

LTC is here to stay.  Deal with it.
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:46:58 AM

Wild retard uses logic.

It's super effective.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:49:06 AM

Wild retard uses logic.

It's super effective.

Nope sorry.  No logic.  Neither the wiki nor the poster uses logic.  LTC is going to Gox.  It's time for BTCers to deal with it.  No matter what you say you can't change that LTC is headed to GOX.  Defame all you can it's futile and we all see right through it.
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:02:03 AM

NMC is hitting Gox as well. Should be interesting.
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:03:30 AM

Nope sorry.  No logic.  Neither the wiki nor the poster uses logic.  LTC is going to Gox.  It's time for BTCers to deal with it.  No matter what you say you can't change that LTC is headed to GOX.  Defame all you can it's futile and we all see right through it.

Really?

problem is; its just a copy of btc with holes in it and there is no development behind it to improve upon it.

I wonder, is it susceptible to the same fork we had some weeks ago? Lastest Bitcoin version is patched, but is Litecoin?
The github repo shows no activity in the code for at least 6 months.

Are the contracts implemented in Litecoin?

Are there multisignature transactions?

Is there a block size limit? Will it be removed/modified?

Has anyone looked to add Zerocoin on top of Litecoin?

I see a bunch of dedicated developers for Bitcoin, but I don't really see anything on the Litecoin side, except some people trying to hype it.
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:04:14 AM

NMC is hitting Gox as well. Should be interesting.

Indeed. Namecoin I can support; I see what new feature it can bring.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:15:00 AM

Really?

problem is; its just a copy of btc with holes in it and there is no development behind it to improve upon it.

I wonder, is it susceptible to the same fork we had some weeks ago? Lastest Bitcoin version is patched, but is Litecoin?

I see a bunch of dedicated developers for Bitcoin, but I don't really see anything on the Litecoin side, except some people trying to hype it.

IMHO its biggest problem atm: someone arranges 300K half-decent CPUs and the network will be 51%ed, not that difficult for some botnet operators.

If LTC can survive for another 1-2 years, with the network hashrate growing by another 10-fold, I can see it as "here to stay", now it still isn't.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:17:17 AM

Really?

IMHO its biggest problem atm: someone arranges 300K half-decent CPUs and the network will be 51%ed, not that difficult for some botnet operators.

If LTC can survive for another 1-2 years, with the network hashrate growing by another 10-fold, I can see it as "here to stay", now it still isn't.

I think in Satoshi's paper, the argument for why you wouldn't expect a 51% attack was that it wouldn't be economical for the attacker. That's still true for Litecoin. You wouldn't make money doing it, you would just cause chaos.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:24:29 AM

Really?

I think in Satoshi's paper, the argument for why you wouldn't expect a 51% attack was that it wouldn't be economical for the attacker. That's still true for Litecoin. You wouldn't make money doing it, you would just cause chaos.

One reasonable scenario is someone with vested interest in Bitcoin trying to ruin the LTC network, let alone the possibility that government/corporations will back such an attack.

What will be the source of a possible attack is not important, the important thing is that investors still can not see the LTC network as a reliable alternative to the BTC network.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: