Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:33:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CHNcoin will be the death of Feathercoin!  (Read 7307 times)
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:29:01 PM

Perhaps we could have a coin for each country which can only be traded 9-5 in those countries.

Then we could get some sleep at night Smiley

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:44:55 PM

It's 'cute' how you think that only thing behind a coin is the tech specs. Come visit the FTC community sometime, there's people working hard at moving it forward. I know, it's the 'old school 1337 scam coin chicken rise' type stuff that people love spending their day doing here, and that's fine. I'm just recommending stepping outside the bubble for minute.. maybe you'll see something you like.

But I don't understand why it was created at all, let alone why people are spending effort moving it forward. Since it is a direct copy of Litecoin you can only move it 'forward' at the expense of Litecoin. Why not spend that effort promoting Litecoin if you're so concerned about the crypto community? Or is it only the Feathercoin community you're concerned about?

LOL.,
Why was ANY of these created?
:
Name       Symbol  Release   Author            
----------------------------------------
bitcoin       BTC     2009/01   satoshi          
namecoin   NMC     2011/04   vinced            
multicoin              2011/06   sacarlson
devcoin     DVC     2011/08   Unthinkingbit
ixcoin        IXC      2011/08   Nasakioto
solidcoin    SC       2011/08   CoinHunter
geist geld   GG      2011/09   Lolcust
tenebrix    TBX      2011/09   ArtForz, Lolcust  
rucoin       RUC     2011/10
fairbrix      FBX      2011/10   coblee
litecoin      LTC     2011/10   coblee
coiledcoin  CLC     2012/01   makomk
liquidcoin   LQC     2012/01   Nicksasa
timekoin              2012/06   knightmb
bbqcoin               2012/07   Cubox
ppcoin       PPC    2012/08   Sunny King    
qubic                  2012/09   Come-from-Beyond
terracoin   TRC     2012/10
freicoin      FRC     2012/12   maaku, jtimon
ripple        XRP     2013/01   jed/OpenCoin
novacoin   NVC     2013/02   Balthazar
bytecoin    BTE     2013/04   Maria 2.0
mincoin      MNC    2013/04
feathercoin  FC     2013/04   bushstar

And here you are telling us that a day old coin will beat some other coin.

You are full of LOL.

I've never even heard of most of those. Of the ones I have it's because they added something new. What is the point of your post? Did you even read mine to the end? I don't think CHNCoin is going anywhere, but neither are Feathercoin and the vast majority of those coins you've listed.

I have read your post but it doesn't add anything new to the discussion. Whatever you think you have to say it has been said at least 2 years ago.
Meanwhile some of the smaller coins are thriving.
My point was that you are just blindly generalizing.

A new coin doesn't need anything innovative. There are enough reasons to have multiple identical or similar systems in operation.
Bitcoin is not a holy grail and it can fail. Altcoins are vital to the way bitcoin is supposed to work.

Eric Rye (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:53:20 PM

It's 'cute' how you think that only thing behind a coin is the tech specs. Come visit the FTC community sometime, there's people working hard at moving it forward. I know, it's the 'old school 1337 scam coin chicken rise' type stuff that people love spending their day doing here, and that's fine. I'm just recommending stepping outside the bubble for minute.. maybe you'll see something you like.

But I don't understand why it was created at all, let alone why people are spending effort moving it forward. Since it is a direct copy of Litecoin you can only move it 'forward' at the expense of Litecoin. Why not spend that effort promoting Litecoin if you're so concerned about the crypto community? Or is it only the Feathercoin community you're concerned about?

LOL.,
Why was ANY of these created?
:
Name       Symbol  Release   Author            
----------------------------------------
bitcoin       BTC     2009/01   satoshi          
namecoin   NMC     2011/04   vinced            
multicoin              2011/06   sacarlson
devcoin     DVC     2011/08   Unthinkingbit
ixcoin        IXC      2011/08   Nasakioto
solidcoin    SC       2011/08   CoinHunter
geist geld   GG      2011/09   Lolcust
tenebrix    TBX      2011/09   ArtForz, Lolcust  
rucoin       RUC     2011/10
fairbrix      FBX      2011/10   coblee
litecoin      LTC     2011/10   coblee
coiledcoin  CLC     2012/01   makomk
liquidcoin   LQC     2012/01   Nicksasa
timekoin              2012/06   knightmb
bbqcoin               2012/07   Cubox
ppcoin       PPC    2012/08   Sunny King    
qubic                  2012/09   Come-from-Beyond
terracoin   TRC     2012/10
freicoin      FRC     2012/12   maaku, jtimon
ripple        XRP     2013/01   jed/OpenCoin
novacoin   NVC     2013/02   Balthazar
bytecoin    BTE     2013/04   Maria 2.0
mincoin      MNC    2013/04
feathercoin  FC     2013/04   bushstar

And here you are telling us that a day old coin will beat some other coin.

You are full of LOL.

I've never even heard of most of those. Of the ones I have it's because they added something new. What is the point of your post? Did you even read mine to the end? I don't think CHNCoin is going anywhere, but neither are Feathercoin and the vast majority of those coins you've listed.

I have read your post but it doesn't add anything new to the discussion. Whatever you think you have to say it has been said at least 2 years ago.
Meanwhile some of the smaller coins are thriving.
My point was that you are just blindly generalizing.

A new coin doesn't need anything innovative. There are enough reasons to have multiple identical or similar systems in operation.
Bitcoin is not a holy grail and it can fail. Altcoins are vital to the way bitcoin is supposed to work.

Fine, everything I have to say has been said already. That is the case with most things most people say. I can see the benefit of having multiple similar systems in operation. Redundancy is often a good idea. But there are limits. What is the point of having 100 or 1000 identical mutually incompatible coins? Why not create a new one every week, or even every day? How many is too many?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:54:32 PM

haha,

ITT Feathercoiners are being hypocrits.

It's funny how you guys ignore all arguments against FeatherCoin, but when another Litecoin clone pops up a week later, you guys call it a scam / pump & dump.

ROFL. You guys reek of bullshit so hard that I can smell you on my end of the computer..

It's funny how you call Litecoin a scam coin, you just lost any credibility that you may of had. People will say the same thing about Feathercoin in a couple years, that is an inherent problem with cryptocoins... there's no easy way around not having "early adopters".

CHNcoin will have more total coins than feathercoin, 462 million compared to 380 million, and its "blazing fast confirmations" are even more "blazing fast" with block targets of 1 minute! At the moment a block is being found approximately every 2-3 seconds. How's that for "blazing fast"? Tongue It's also getting attention faster than Feathercoin did at launch. It's only been 7 hours since the launch and the forum is already filled up with threads about CHN. I predict it'll be on an exchange within a week.

Basically it makes Feathercoin completely redundant. For early adoption go to CHNcoin, for stability go to Litecoin. And with the upcoming difficulty increase things are only going to get worse for Feathercoin. What does Feathercoin still offer?

Ultimately I hope that new useless coins like these come so quickly that no one has enough time to amass large quantities of coins before the next one comes along. It'll remove the incentive to do it and then people can get back to actually innovating.

You make me laugh if you honestly think CNCoin will be used for transactions other than exchange rate gambling. 1 min blocks, that should make for an interesting block chain length in a years time or so if it lasts that long. Why stop there, lets have a 1sec block target.

It's just another pump and dump, many here will fall for it.

You're such a hyprocrit erk.. You blindly support Feathercoin, yet when another Litecoin clone pops up all the sudden new copy cat chains are scams and pump and dumps? Ya OK buddy...
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:57:00 PM

I like that new coins are being developed because that ease of creation is a good indicator that the concept of crypto currency is valid and will grow.

I don't get the zero sum idea that there is only enough room for one or two coins, you just need to look at the number of Linux distros to see that isn't hurt whenever someone brings something new out.

However, I do feel the next big step is the regionalisation of these coins, leading to a way for all coins to find their own mass and price in a way that does mean that we will never see $100k coins.

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
mobodick

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:07:55 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 02:36:38 PM by mobodick

Fine, everything I have to say has been said already. That is the case with most things most people say. I can see the benefit of having multiple similar systems in operation. Redundancy is often a good idea. But there are limits. What is the point of having 100 or 1000 identical mutually incompatible coins? Why not create a new one every week, or even every day? How many is too many?

There are limits for sure.
But these are emergent systems.
They need to find their own limit.
Nothing you say will change how things go.

Once a coin is carried by an exchange they become compatible with other monies so the incompatibilities are only in your head.

If you don't like the altcoins then simply just don't touch them.
Telling other people they shouldn't use them is kindof pointless.

Let me ask you something. How long have you been involved with cryptocurrency?
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:32:39 PM

couldnt agree more

Blah blah
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 02:34:02 PM

If I had a BTC for every topic that says "Coin X will be the death of coin Y", I would be a rich man now...
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:38:11 PM

FTC just got accepted to VirCurEx. I don't see Chinacoin doing that anytime soon. FTC community is actually quite big here.
If we would delete al the spam topics from users with accounts less than a month old we would probably end up with 3 users, you call that a big community?
Were do all these guys come from? Check all the people promoting Feathercoin and see that most accounts are made in April.

If Chinacoin does the same it probably will look like it also has a big community. Roll Eyes

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:44:39 PM

FTC just got accepted to VirCurEx. I don't see Chinacoin doing that anytime soon. FTC community is actually quite big here.
If we would delete al the spam topics from users with accounts less than a month old we would probably end up with 3 users, you call that a big community?
Were do all these guys come from? Check all the people promoting Feathercoin and see that most accounts are made in April.

If Chinacoin does the same it probably will look like it also has a big community. Roll Eyes

tell you what we are the guys that came in just in time for the huge BTC crash.

We came here now, but we were not born yesterday.

This market is a commodity market right now, and in order to be stable it needs options.

options where investors can safeguard their assets.

Moreover , if Bitcoin and soon litecoin do not proceed to make adjustements in their coin numbers (like making 1btc=1000 new-btc) the ammount of coins is extremely low.

One cannot seriously think that the average Joe will bother with buying 0,00234 bitcoin!

Thus market needs more coins.

as simple as that.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:45:25 PM

its fun to watch this market.  thankfully all the pragmatics aren't regulators otherwise they would have adopted BTC as the defacto currency and outlawed all others by the posts I see.  Comical I think.  Its a human mentality of self interest.  protecting the old guard that established BTC against the new comers that are sucking away liquidity by distributing it to other coins.  

The thinking is that if it was for these alt coins BTC would be stronger and more widely adopted and would make me richer since I was here a year ago, 2 years ago, etc.

These coins act like pure markets, and its free to establish any number of new coins for any reason.  I welcome them.  Eventually there will be 2 to 3 coins a week being produced and the coin hoppers will not be sure what to jump on next.  You'll have the old established markets BTC/LTC where margins are small but becoming more stable and the frontier markets where there are wild swings and some coins will make it and others won't and people will waste hash time and gamble away or win bid on trades.

We need it all.  Its not about the defacto coin, its about establishing a greater market in cryptocoins.  Combined they are greater than they are individually.

So I guess I'm saying can't we all just get along?
Eric Rye (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:55:04 PM

There are liimits for sure.

Once a coin is carried by an exchange they become compatible with other monies so the incompatibilities are only in your head.

Obviously you know I haven't been involved in cryptocurrencies very long, but that isn't the point. The whole point of this thread was to show that every argument that has been made for feathercoin can also be made for CHNcoin. Sure, at less than a day old CHNcoin doesn't have a very large or strong community, but I'm sure that will change, especially in China. And feathercoin's community isn't as large and strong as litecoin's, which isn't as large and strong as bitcoin's... The only reason anyone has any feathercoin at all is because other people are willing to trade actually usable currency for it, and those people only trade usable currency for it because they think someone else will trade even more usable currency for it in the future. CHNcoin is already being traded for stupid amounts on the forum, for the same reason. All I'm saying is that if you want a coin to be viable in the long term you should have something that makes it stand out from the next bitcoin/litecoin clone that comes along, and if that's not technological innovation, what is it?
powdabam

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:58:22 PM

I lost respect for the exchanges that included a 2 week old coin.  There is a reason even the stock market has a pink slip.
Eric Rye (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:00:02 PM

Moreover , if Bitcoin and soon litecoin do not proceed to make adjustements in their coin numbers (like making 1btc=1000 new-btc) the ammount of coins is extremely low.

One cannot seriously think that the average Joe will bother with buying 0,00234 bitcoin!

Thus market needs more coins.

as simple as that.

I really don't think the number of coins will make any difference. It's merely psychological and people will adapt. Look back far enough in history and you could buy property for a few dollars. Just use SI prefixes. Problem solved.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:07:46 PM

I lost respect for the exchanges that included a 2 week old coin.  There is a reason even the stock market has a pink slip.

but there is a pink sheet market and its frontier zone.  you trade high risk with potentially big gains as well as losses.  You can respect it or disrespect it all you want it wont change the fact that people are trading it.
mobodick

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

There are liimits for sure.

Obviously you know I haven't been involved in cryptocurrencies very long, but that isn't the point.
Actually, i can't know because it's very fashonable around here to have a sockpuppet account or two.
The only reason why i think you may actually be new is because there has been a recent influx of new people.

Anyway, it seems you really are new.
I can only say that there is probably a lot you still need to learn about all this.
One thing you'll find out is that premature opinions usually turn out to be false and things usually are not as simple as they appear.

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:45:01 PM

CHNcoin is unproven as yet. It may, or may not, have a niche. .. Due diligence required. There are many ways for ot to be a scam...

That said, I am prepared to take a risk and buy some... Does anyone have some for sale ??
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:54:19 PM

CHNcoin is unproven as yet. It may, or may not, have a niche. .. Due diligence required. There are many ways for ot to be a scam...

That said, I am prepared to take a risk and buy some... Does anyone have some for sale ??

Stop! You make too much sense among the trolling. Smiley

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:02:12 PM

its fun to watch this market.  thankfully all the pragmatics aren't regulators otherwise they would have adopted BTC as the defacto currency and outlawed all others by the posts I see.  Comical I think.  Its a human mentality of self interest.  protecting the old guard that established BTC against the new comers that are sucking away liquidity by distributing it to other coins.  

The thinking is that if it was for these alt coins BTC would be stronger and more widely adopted and would make me richer since I was here a year ago, 2 years ago, etc.

These coins act like pure markets, and its free to establish any number of new coins for any reason.  I welcome them.  Eventually there will be 2 to 3 coins a week being produced and the coin hoppers will not be sure what to jump on next.  You'll have the old established markets BTC/LTC where margins are small but becoming more stable and the frontier markets where there are wild swings and some coins will make it and others won't and people will waste hash time and gamble away or win bid on trades.

We need it all.  Its not about the defacto coin, its about establishing a greater market in cryptocoins.  Combined they are greater than they are individually.

So I guess I'm saying can't we all just get along?

Makes sense... but remember, the more alts. are created,the more scams will emerge, and the more confusion there will be amongst the partially-informed (that includes the mainstream)... That will detract from the market as a whole.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:03:38 PM

No, but average Joe will bother to buy 2,34mBTC  Wink

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: