Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tiptopgemdotcom scam  (Read 778 times)
what1005 (OP)

Activity: 553
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:33:43 AM

What happened:
 I sold $106.25 btc for $125 pp.I sent btc first.And he never send pp back.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=20610

Amount Scammed: 0.055 BTC

Payment Method:
Bitcoin

Additional Notes:

Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

Proof of Payment:
https://blockchain.info/address/1LWBPgoP56MYE7PPRpcuquF5XrzY75VJGh

PM/Chat Logs:
http://imgur.com/a/eTyKP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
what1005 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:37:36 AM

Hi all.everyone help me leave negative to this member
KenR

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:08:24 AM

Did you try messaging the said member after your sent him the coins ? The linked screenshots don't explain much apart from your initial trade agreement.Going through his trusted ratings and rank,it's difficult to assume he could scam you for $100.
Could be an unfortunate event that kept him occupied or miscommunication from either ends.I suggest waiting for a while.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
what1005 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:20:11 AM

Did you try messaging the said member after your sent him the coins ? The linked screenshots don't explain much apart from your initial trade agreement.Going through his trusted ratings and rank,it's difficult to assume he could scam you for $100.
Could be an unfortunate event that kept him occupied or miscommunication from either ends.I suggest waiting for a while.
i pmed him many time.he online but dont reply.i leaf negative asap.i know scammer who will scam many people together.if you wait they will scam other member.he sent btc to other address.
KenR

Activity: 910

「きみはこれ&#

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:45:42 AM

i pmed him many time.he online but dont reply.i leaf negative asap.i know scammer who will scam many people together.if you wait they will scam other member.he sent btc to other address.
Opps,I didn't bother to trace the address.You're correct,he did move the coins which is a bad sign.This https://blockchain.info/tx/4caf22dbd5b952b84880176cfa2740ea7b3b3248fcc40d831b02088b74e43564 transaction will take a day or two to confirm.I was hinting at you double spending them but unfortunately,the main transaction is confirmed [it's a bit off-topic ]
I've tagged the user and hoping a DT would do the same soon.I also suspect the account is possibly hacked.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .WEBSITE.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .ANN THREAD.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
what1005 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:36:53 PM

Opps,I didn't bother to trace the address.You're correct,he did move the coins which is a bad sign.This https://blockchain.info/tx/4caf22dbd5b952b84880176cfa2740ea7b3b3248fcc40d831b02088b74e43564 transaction will take a day or two to confirm.I was hinting at you double spending them but unfortunately,the main transaction is confirmed [it's a bit off-topic ]
I've tagged the user and hoping a DT would do the same soon.I also suspect the account is possibly hacked.
thanks you.hope a trusted member leave negative pain red caution
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 02:17:35 PM

This is very odd. I wouldn't expect a member of this rank and with positive trust to scam someone else over a very small amount. They may have been compromised. Either way, I have left them a negative rating and will follow this thread. Hopefully it will get resolved.

1) Don't create consecutive posts and bumps under 24 hours.
2) There is no need to PM DT members right away. They'll pick this up on their own should they choose to. If nobody does, then you should PM some (as opposed to PM-ing right away).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coin.trader

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:09:13 PM

i had this message from him:
have $210 pm and I want 0.1 btc . Since you are not as trusted as me and I have lots of rep, you have to send first.

If you agree with the terms, just send 0.1 btc to 1LWBPgoP56MYE7PPRpcuquF5XrzY75VJGh. Leave a perfect money account ID to send to, I'll send funds after 1 confirmation.

Thanks!

the same situation happened with user hellscabane :
I can help you.
Send the bitcoins here 3J36ZfjihprJWipwMvr7vn3SfRPACuscX9

Give me your skrill ID

LWF ║█║ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED LOGISTICS PLATFORM IN THE WORLD ║█║ LWF
ANN THREAD▬▬▬║PRE-SALE STARTS IN OCTOBER 23║▬▬▬WHITEPAPER
TWITTERSLACK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TELEGRAMREDDIT
COINMAN1

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC PLEASE VISIT MY THREAD

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

i also receive the same MSG from him
I have $220 and I want 0.1 btc. Since you are not as trusted as me and I have lots of rep, you have to send first.

If you agree with the terms, just send 0.1 btc to 1LWBPgoP56MYE7PPRpcuquF5XrzY75VJGh. Leave a perfect money account ID to send to, I'll send funds after 1 confirmation.

Thanks!

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC AT BEST RATES WITH DIFFERENT KIND OF PAYMENT METHODS LIKE PAYPAL, SKRILL, NETLLER, PERFECTMONEY, AND MANY MORE MORE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1746893.0
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:53:12 PM

I've never sent any messages to this person for any reason.  I have, however, received MANY.  If you look at my activity, I have been dormant for the past month or more- I've moved back to Ohio and closed my gemstone and jewelry business.  I'm currently working full-time for a manufacturing company in northwest Ohio and have had no bitcoin transactions at all.

It really stinks to see my trust rating fall like that, after so many years of being a solid member of the forum.  I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could look into this. 

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 06:15:21 PM

I've never sent any messages to this person for any reason.  I have, however, received MANY.  If you look at my activity, I have been dormant for the past month or more-
As I have already stated, it may be possible that your account was compromised (at least temporarily). Change your password right now in case that you did not. In case that you insist that this was not you, then I suggest that you pay back the scammed amount. This may rectify your trust rating.

It really stinks to see my trust rating fall like that, after so many years of being a solid member of the forum.  I would appreciate it if a forum moderator could look into this. 
1) Trust ratings are not moderated.
2) Moderators can not do anything about it. They can't even see the IP addresses that were used with your account.
3) IP evidence is also inadequate. Anyone could log into their account with a different IP, scam someone and claim that they were hacked.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:01:48 AM

Well, this situation is unacceptable for me.
I bought several gemstones from Dave, since 2013. Four digit pricetags. If you look around a bit on bitcointalk, you will see that he is a highly valued member since 2011, one of the earliest Bitcoin-accepting vendors worldwide. He always goes out of his way to make us folks happy.
It is nothing short of absurd to assume he scammed 125 USD out of someone, or would scam any amount at all.

Now there's two solutions I can see here:

- I involve a mod, he might be able to figure out what happened (password resets, login IPs etc), but probably will not be able to recover the lost funds

- I donate 125 USD to restore the lost funds, Dave changes his password (he surely did already), the situation is considered resolved and the negative rating are removed.

This offer is only valid for what1005. It is no "stand in line here to receive free 125 USD".

Let's clear this up please.

Ente
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:58:13 AM

I bought several gemstones from Dave, since 2013. Four digit pricetags. If you look around a bit on bitcointalk, you will see that he is a highly valued member since 2011, one of the earliest Bitcoin-accepting vendors worldwide. He always goes out of his way to make us folks happy.
It is nothing short of absurd to assume he scammed 125 USD out of someone, or would scam any amount at all.

- I involve a mod, he might be able to figure out what happened (password resets, login IPs etc), but probably will not be able to recover the lost funds

- I donate 125 USD to restore the lost funds, Dave changes his password (he surely did already), the situation is considered resolved and the negative rating are removed.

This offer is only valid for what1005. It is no "stand in line here to receive free 125 USD".

Ente

Sounds adequate to me. If what1005 is made whole again, I am perfectly happy to remove my negative rating.

It would certainly appear that tiptopgemdotcom has had his account hacked.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:13:53 PM

Ente

The problem with the first option is that as lauda said, mods can't see IP addresses and theymos probably isn't going to make IP addresses public just for $125. Also I really do think that the hacker is smart enough to be using a VPN or connected to a remote wifi network when doing this. Even if it's his real IP there is literally nothing you can do with it. 99.9999% sure no funds will be recovered...

It's very kind of you to try to actively resolve this situation by donating that money and I think that would be the best and most logical option to take for what1005.

what1005 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

Ente
I am willing to remove all negative and ask others to remove them if my 125 USD lost funds are restored. I'll very happy about that. And then you can pm him privately to reset his password and email. This is my wallet:
16p5Jg3NHm8nmGo2MqCR8WcKqFp2bSy55Z
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:07:49 PM

I am willing to remove all negative and ask others to remove them if my 125 USD lost funds are restored. I'll very happy about that. And then you can pm him privately to reset his password and email. This is my wallet:

Thank you for taking this story not too personal, what1005.
I hope you won't have trouble with scammers ever again. By the way, be careful with Paypal in general, it can easily be frozen or refunded up to 6 months later..

https://blockexplorer.com/tx/f7a8f116bd5b5d81336c95c6693ac29dd83dc3dc400f5181c7102ebbd3a95cc5

Cheers!

Ente
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:47:14 PM

I hope you won't have trouble with scammers ever again. By the way, be careful with Paypal in general, it can easily be frozen or refunded up to 6 months later..

https://blockexplorer.com/tx/f7a8f116bd5b5d81336c95c6693ac29dd83dc3dc400f5181c7102ebbd3a95cc5

Cheers!

Ente

Ente,

You have done a very honourable thing here. It has been noted. Thank you for making what1005 whole, though it was not your place to do so.

I will remove the rating.

@tiptopgemdotcom - if you haven't already, change your password to something that cannot be cracked easily.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
what1005 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:03:14 PM

Cheers!

Ente
Thanks a lot, i'll be careful next time when trading. I removed negative and will ask others to remove also. Thanks!
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:06:54 PM

Cheers!

Ente

Ente, although i don't know you and i have never traded with you i do think that what you did was great. Not to sound cliche but it did restore my faith in humanity again Tongue

Hopefully dave's account doesn't suffer any major damages and Lauda/yahoo will remove the negatives on the account since it's obvious the account was hacked etc. And Dave, you probably haven't changed your password since the database leak a few years ago, which resulted in your account getting hacked. But everyone's happy now, thanks to Ente Cheesy
Ente
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:39:43 AM

Thank you, everyone, for giving the benefit of doubt.
I'm glad everyone's happy again.

Happy trading and take care!

Ente
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: