Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:17:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STORJ - Analysis + Second Round ICO + Outlook  (Read 965 times)
badenglishtea (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:38:45 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 12:32:40 PM by badenglishtea

So considering round two ICO is happening at 11AM today; here is my analysis on Storj.

First, there are five hurdles that Storj is going to have to clear:
1. Can they convince enterprise customers to use technology?
2. Can they build a viable economic system that works for both supply/demand sides of equation?
3. Will redundancy levels be high enough.
4. Will the Storj dev team be able to produce security and functional tools that can compete with Amazon and Microsoft Azure.
5. Will 'the cloud' be disrupted by another emerging technology (super high storage capacity or something).
6. Will the community freak out over how the second round ICO has been managed or distributed (with discounts).

If Storj can clear those hurdles, the sky is the limit. I am not talking $1BB cap, I am talking $10BB to $100BB cap over the next three years. BUT they need to clear all of the above and that is a big task.

The Storj team is like no other team I have ever seen. They have serious vision and plan to go straight after the big boys. It looks like the USV investment is going to draw heavy hitter development talent into the frame, and my prediction is they smash the token sale goals (so super long runway on this project).

I think their pitch is they can do cloud storage just as secure/redundant as Amazon, but faster and cheaper (and the second round ICO will raise the funds to build all the tools they will need to complete).

Move from CounterParty to Ethereum has been timed perfectly. We will see where this one goes. Disclaimer; I don't own any Storjcoin X, but I am planning on buying a lot of the new token.

Urban Crypto

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:49:40 AM

I think that you are correct about the technical challenges in front of STORJ.  There are some more logistical problems that i discuss in my post here: https://urbancrypto.com/storj-ico-preview/

bagdenglishtea, please let me know what you think of these issues.

Thanks!

Urban Crypto has the latest information related to Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, and ICOs. www.UrbanCrypto.com
badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:29:54 PM

I think that you are correct about the technical challenges in front of STORJ.  There are some more logistical problems that i discuss in my post here: https://urbancrypto.com/storj-ico-preview/

bagdenglishtea, please let me know what you think of these issues.

Thanks!

I don't think the centralization is an issue here. A fully decentralized system would never be able to compete with Amazon (at least out-the-gate). They are building an economic system. If the economic system is viable, it would be in Storj's self-interest to manage distribution, governance and decentralization improvements, with a great deal of care and community support.

Let's see what happens at 11AM. 
chain_chain

Activity: 65
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:22:37 PM

How much $ they got as result of the sale today?
badenglishtea (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:17:47 PM

You can track sale here. https://storj.io/tokensale.html

$23MM in first 24 hours. Includes $15MM cash presale from major HF/VCs. Timing was crazy because I think people are holding their ETH through this massive ETH rally.

Does anyone have a list of the largest crowdsales to date?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: