Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: solved ! refunding tomorrow  (Read 241 times)
disposable account (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 04:19:43 PM by disposable account

Bye
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:41:56 PM

Hello World

I and some others recently got paid twice for some work I did.

So , it was Edgeless Signature bounty. They had made some smart contract or something like that to automatically pay bounty in phases. By some error , they sent the bounty twice to me.

In total they sent an extra 2000$ worth tokens (around 12.000 Edg)

I recently got a message on Bitcointalk from them , telling about that error and asking to refund to some wallet.

Please give me advice on what should I do? What can be setbacks of keeping that extra money? Or should I wait to see if others are
Two of them have already refunded.

You have completed work for the Edgeless "coin" in the way of a signature campaign?

To say the least, it is a really shitty thing to not return those funds, and consequence will probably be that you will get tagged. The developers of this project don't get their money falling from the sky, so why would you?

It's unethical for sure, and i personally would say that it is theft aswell.

You would make a nice record for yourself as a trustworthy developer/sig runner by returning the funds.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:53:41 PM

why do you even need to ask this? send it back.

you'll damage your rep if you don't and there might be a bunch of future work available from them. you'll also get your account tagged and no one will deal with you in future.
bitcoinstress

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 04:16:58 PM

Hello World

I and some others recently got paid twice for some work I did.

So , it was Edgeless Signature bounty. They had made some smart contract or something like that to automatically pay bounty in phases. By some error , they sent the bounty twice to me.

In total they sent an extra 2000$ worth tokens (around 12.000 Edg)

I recently got a message on Bitcointalk from them , telling about that error and asking to refund to some wallet.

Please give me advice on what should I do? What can be setbacks of keeping that extra money? Or should I wait to see if others are
Two of them have already refunded.
If i was you. i will send it back.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: