Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:01:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long to wait to receive 1.4BTC  (Read 696 times)
azmojo (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 03:57:39 PM

Someone sent me 1.4 BTC about 36 hours ago. I don't think they paid any transaction fees.
What is a reasonable time to wait to allow to receive these coins before I should start to worry?

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:05:24 PM

Someone sent me 1.4 BTC about 36 hours ago. I don't think they paid any transaction fees.
What is a reasonable time to wait to allow to receive these coins before I should start to worry?

If it has no fee you should already be worried, common scam is people send bitcoins without or very low fee, receiver sees it and does his end of the deal, sender double spends with high fee and gets the coins back.

Check out this topic:

All about "stuck" transactions and what you can do to fix them  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1802212.0

Try to Child-Pays-For-Parent.

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:08:28 PM

Just post the transaction ID and it'll be fairly obvious what to do from there. Try viabtc's accelerator or try and have them send the same transaction with a higher fee. Anything above 200 sats/byte will confirm probably within a day ish (hard to say exactly) and anything under 100 is just so low on the totem pole right now that it could be weeks or months.

Just post the transaction ID and we'll have a look. It could be that with 1.4BTC they had a lot of inputs and only attached a tiny fee.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:20:51 PM

I had a transaction with a fee take over 24 hours the other day so i know there are many stuck in network right now, however with no fee maybe it wont even go through and you'll have to resend, that didn't used to be the case but now bitcoin is popular.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 04:40:03 PM

Just post the transaction ID and it'll be fairly obvious what to do from there. Try viabtc's accelerator or try and have them send the same transaction with a higher fee.
ViaBTC's accelerator doesn't accept transactions with no fee.  Furthermore, not all wallets allow Replace-By-Fee transactions.

I think you've been scammed.  No one sends transactions with zero fees under normal circumstances, and it will never confirm.  The sender could double-spend and you would never receive it.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:48:36 PM

Import your address on blockchain.info if you have access to your private key and enter as watch only address then click on send and insert prvkey then do as following> 1.3 to send and 0.1 as miner fee to make sure a miner grabs it.

Instead of getting into the technical details and explaining you all could guide a noob like I just did.

🖤😏
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:52:03 PM

If you can than just post your transaction ID here so that we can check how much fee they have paid on it, if they haven't paid any fees than you will never get that bitcoin. Also I hope you haven't paid them anything for that 1.4BTC because if that transaction don't have any fees or have low fees than  it will drop from mempool and sender will get those bitcoin back to their wallet.

skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:03:05 PM

I have some questions before jumping to conclusion.

-Do you know that someone?
-Do you have the same type of wallet? A web wallet maybe that accepts transaction without fees?
-Can you track that transaction in block chain?

If all are NO, them it is possible that you are a victim of a scam of some sort.

If you know that someone then you must not worry since you can sue him/her whenever needed.

If you have the same type of wallet, a web wallet that accepts no fees on transaction then that would seem odd since that should be an instant transaction.

And if you cannot track that transaction, start worrying. NOW.
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

Do you have the transaction id ?
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:17:51 PM

You should be worried right now, there isto a posibility that the transaction is stuck and will never fet to your wallet. You could try a transaction booster to speed up your transaction confirmation, but I am not sure it will help. You could also be scamed because I doubt anyone would send that much bitcoins without a fee.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 07:33:05 PM

Import your address on blockchain.info if you have access to your private key and enter as watch only address then click on send and insert prvkey then do as following> 1.3 to send and 0.1 as miner fee to make sure a miner grabs it.
The OP isn't sending, they're receiving.  And you seldom need a fee of 0.001, never mind 0.1.  Maybe you should check yourself first.

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:42:00 PM

Anyone sending this large of an amount would use an appropriate transaction fee unless they didn't know enough about Bitcoin,
or were trying to scam you.
Hopefully this is someone you trust or they just made an honest mistake.

You can look into options like Child Pays For Parent (CPFP) where you pay for a second transaction to get the first transaction confirmed.

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:10:36 PM

You don't need to worry at all. It is known fact that transactions became slowly in past few weeks and this is associated increase of the size of the commissions. I suppose such situation is going to become usually for all bitcoin users.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:41:23 PM

The OP isn't sending, they're receiving.  And you seldom need a fee of 0.001, never mind 0.1.  Maybe you should check yourself first.

Saying any set amount like that is stupid. It totally depends on how many bytes your transaction is. Use the proper terminology.

Are you going to post that transaction ID OP? I saw that you've been online since posting this. It's the only way we can tell you what's going on.

You don't need to worry at all. It is known fact that transactions became slowly in past few weeks and this is associated increase of the size of the commissions. I suppose such situation is going to become usually for all bitcoin users.

Don't post false hope without any hard evidence. He said they may have sent it with no fee. If there's no fee it may never confirm.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:44:28 PM

Do a Child-pays-for-parent transaction. It works with all miners.

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:47:00 PM

how could this be don?

I don't know any wallet that supports this, I tried when a transaction of mine was stuck in the last spam attack
epitome

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:41:31 PM

how could this be don?
I don't know any wallet that supports this, I tried when a transaction of mine was stuck in the last spam attack
What does it even mean,it is not possible to send coins without any transaction fees ,@OP can you post the transaction ID,since you said they have not paid any transaction fees then the transaction will gets rejected after n days,you need to rebroadcast with a sufficient enough fees to get the transaction done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: