Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:04:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 02:34:24 PM

Hi guys,  how are you doing? Do you have any update about the HERo or DNotes?  Smiley

I see that Twitter and LinkedIn activities/updates on DNotes stopped on 3rd of January. Is there any particular reason or new strategy behind that decision?  Smiley

Also the current trade is (according to Coinmarketcap) down to 1,78 USD.

I do believe in the team and your work, but maybe you could still comment on that matters a little. Especially, since if someone who is not familiar with the team and the coin itself, would look at that info at this time, a lot of people would consider it a dead coin Undecided (though I know it is not true of course  Wink )

Hey Amadeus,

We are up to about 140 members, and 34 experts on HERo membership. Growing momentum. We've been working with a lot of people, trying different cross promotional efforts such as videos. Check it out when you have a chance.

For DNotes twitter, no I just need to re-setup a schedule. Will do that at some point this week. I may narrow it down a bit to cover more of our core messaging.

Our community outreach has decidedly taken a new direction, building a new community outside of the typical crypto industry and channels. As we see that as the only path forward. But we will keep it active here, and make major announcements as they come.

Hi again  Cheesy

Thank you for the answer. I had also seen that you posted some things again on Twitter and LinkedIn, nice to see that Smiley It may not seem much, but since there has been no new development of the coin itself lately (which is understandable at this phase, when focus is on HERo), I believe it is still important to write/share some post from time to time, so people can see that the coin is not dead Wink

One one more question though. You mentioned that you decided to build new community outside the typical crypto industry and channels. What kind of response are you getting there? Did you introduce them to DNotes and are they willing to support it in some way?
I am asking, because from my experience people from "outside" are much more sceptical and less willing to take necessary risks and invest in new technologies, in this case crypto. More or less most see it as a pyramid scheme Roll Eyes Well at least those which I am in contact with.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 02:21:52 AM

UK Contract Seeks Software to Track Cryptocurrency Use

https://dcebrief.com/uk-contract-seeks-software-to-track-cryptocurrency-use/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 03:15:10 PM

Hi guys,  how are you doing? Do you have any update about the HERo or DNotes?  Smiley

I see that Twitter and LinkedIn activities/updates on DNotes stopped on 3rd of January. Is there any particular reason or new strategy behind that decision?  Smiley

I do believe in the team and your work, but maybe you could still comment on that matters a little. Especially, since if someone who is not familiar with the team and the coin itself, would look at that info at this time, a lot of people would consider it a dead coin Undecided (though I know it is not true of course  Wink )

Hey Amadeus,

We are up to about 140 members, and 34 experts on HERo membership. Growing momentum. We've been working with a lot of people, trying different cross promotional efforts such as videos. Check it out when you have a chance.

For DNotes twitter, no I just need to re-setup a schedule. Will do that at some point this week. I may narrow it down a bit to cover more of our core messaging.

Our community outreach has decidedly taken a new direction, building a new community outside of the typical crypto industry and channels. As we see that as the only path forward. But we will keep it active here, and make major announcements as they come.

Hi again  Cheesy

Thank you for the answer. I had also seen that you posted some things again on Twitter and LinkedIn, nice to see that Smiley It may not seem much, but since there has been no new development of the coin itself lately (which is understandable at this phase, when focus is on HERo), I believe it is still important to write/share some post from time to time, so people can see that the coin is not dead Wink

One one more question though. You mentioned that you decided to build new community outside the typical crypto industry and channels. What kind of response are you getting there? Did you introduce them to DNotes and are they willing to support it in some way?
I am asking, because from my experience people from "outside" are much more sceptical and less willing to take necessary risks and invest in new technologies, in this case crypto. More or less most see it as a pyramid scheme Roll Eyes Well at least those which I am in contact with.

Good questions. Some are and some aren't, as we connect with people they are naturally interested in what we are doing beyond HERo. Though the skepticism we have seen isn't about the fundamental nature of blockchain or cryptocurrency, it's about the state of the industry. Many being in technology, entrepreneurs, fintech, and related industries, they naturally look favorably upon and interested in it, but also realize the industry isn't ready for mass adoption for the intended purpose. However, our major push to inform and educate the HERo community about digital currency and DNotes is yet to come. We've just started to incorporate more of that content as a first step.

DCEBrief

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:28:25 AM

BoE Deputy Governor to Co-Chair Central Bank Digital Currency Working Group

https://dcebrief.com/boe-deputy-governor-to-co-chair-central-bank-digital-currency-working-group/
Amadeus82

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 08:27:55 AM

Hi guys,  how are you doing? Do you have any update about the HERo or DNotes?  Smiley

I see that Twitter and LinkedIn activities/updates on DNotes stopped on 3rd of January. Is there any particular reason or new strategy behind that decision?  Smiley

I do believe in the team and your work, but maybe you could still comment on that matters a little. Especially, since if someone who is not familiar with the team and the coin itself, would look at that info at this time, a lot of people would consider it a dead coin Undecided (though I know it is not true of course  Wink )

Hey Amadeus,

Hi again  Cheesy

Good questions. Some are and some aren't, as we connect with people they are naturally interested in what we are doing beyond HERo. Though the skepticism we have seen isn't about the fundamental nature of blockchain or cryptocurrency, it's about the state of the industry. Many being in technology, entrepreneurs, fintech, and related industries, they naturally look favorably upon and interested in it, but also realize the industry isn't ready for mass adoption for the intended purpose. However, our major push to inform and educate the HERo community about digital currency and DNotes is yet to come. We've just started to incorporate more of that content as a first step.

I was afraid that it is like that yes. It might actually help if Facebook manages to launch Libra, so then people would maybe more easily see everyday utility and advantages.

On the other hand I am thinking...if there is seemingly not really need for cryptocurrency at this time yet, maybe with right people and big enough momentum, the need could be created, we live in a consumer society anyway Cheesy

Let me explain what I was thinking with creating the need on an example. Pharmaceutical industry. Selling medicine to sick people is good business, but is somehow limited, since fortunately not everyone is sick...so they created that artificial need for food supplements. That is genius. So now they cannot only sell to sick people, but also to healthy ones. It instantly means increasing potential consumer base to billions Wink I can often see advertisements for detoxing tea or pills. But when you think of if, most of the people already have the greatest tool for detox...it is called pair of kidneys and a liver Cheesy But they did manage to create an impression that we NEED detox and we can only achieve that with the help of the pills, while good diet with enough water would ve more than adequate.

Similar case is with technological companies. They for example, also create need for changing the smart phone each year or two, just to get some minor improvements which they present as drastically life changing and something that we cannot live with.

So yes...one thing would be to wait for industry to be ready and feel the need for mass adoption...but the other possibility would be to somehow create that need Wink Unfortunately I am not genius enough to do that or I would already be infamously rich Cheesy Neither is easy, or anyone would do it Wink But maybe just something to elaborate on Wink 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 03:14:15 PM

Hey Amadeus,

Hi again  Cheesy

I was afraid that it is like that yes. It might actually help if Facebook manages to launch Libra, so then people would maybe more easily see everyday utility and advantages.

On the other hand I am thinking...if there is seemingly not really need for cryptocurrency at this time yet, maybe with right people and big enough momentum, the need could be created, we live in a consumer society anyway Cheesy

Let me explain what I was thinking with creating the need on an example. Pharmaceutical industry. Selling medicine to sick people is good business, but is somehow limited, since fortunately not everyone is sick...so they created that artificial need for food supplements. That is genius. So now they cannot only sell to sick people, but also to healthy ones. It instantly means increasing potential consumer base to billions Wink I can often see advertisements for detoxing tea or pills. But when you think of if, most of the people already have the greatest tool for detox...it is called pair of kidneys and a liver Cheesy But they did manage to create an impression that we NEED detox and we can only achieve that with the help of the pills, while good diet with enough water would ve more than adequate.

Similar case is with technological companies. They for example, also create need for changing the smart phone each year or two, just to get some minor improvements which they present as drastically life changing and something that we cannot live with.

So yes...one thing would be to wait for industry to be ready and feel the need for mass adoption...but the other possibility would be to somehow create that need Wink Unfortunately I am not genius enough to do that or I would already be infamously rich Cheesy Neither is easy, or anyone would do it Wink But maybe just something to elaborate on Wink  

Absolutely, our features, tools, and ecosystem are all part of that equation. DNotesVault makes it easy and safe to store, Staking makes it attractive to acquire and stake, CRISP makes it attractive to acquire and save, the trading bot makes it easy to trade, DNotesPay opens up a brand new way to automatically accept payments (without the need of a third party, the program can verify it's own payment), and the list goes on. These are practical tools that can attract people and benefit them in a real way, and if I have anything to say about it there are many more to come.

If we can show people DNotes practicality and get away from the culture associated with our industry, along with all the other hurdles we have to overcome, I believe we can do just what you've suggested and create the additional utility needed to aim at mass adoption. Our choice has been to push HERo and build a solid community around the ideas behind DNotes philosophy as the next step toward those goals, and at the same time be of significant help to women around the world and create a profit model that will allow us to utilize HERo as a pillar for our funding.

DCEBrief

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:05:09 PM

HSB Survey: 36% of U.S. Small & Medium-Sized Businesses Accept Cryptocurrency

https://dcebrief.com/hsb-survey-36-of-u-s-small-medium-sized-businesses-accept-cryptocurrency/
Amadeus82

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:34:24 PM

Hey Amadeus,

Hi again  Cheesy

Absolutely, our features, tools, and ecosystem are all part of that equation. DNotesVault makes it easy and safe to store, Staking makes it attractive to acquire and stake, CRISP makes it attractive to acquire and save, the trading bot makes it easy to trade, DNotesPay opens up a brand new way to automatically accept payments (without the need of a third party, the program can verify it's own payment), and the list goes on. These are practical tools that can attract people and benefit them in a real way, and if I have anything to say about it there are many more to come.

If we can show people DNotes practicality and get away from the culture associated with our industry, along with all the other hurdles we have to overcome, I believe we can do just what you've suggested and create the additional utility needed to aim at mass adoption. Our choice has been to push HERo and build a solid community around the ideas behind DNotes philosophy as the next step toward those goals, and at the same time be of significant help to women around the world and create a profit model that will allow us to utilize HERo as a pillar for our funding.

I absolutely agree, DNotes has great features...but it is still not widely known, recognised and used. So, it seems that one part of the equation is still missing. We still need some catalyst for mass adoption. Can HERo be the one? I personally think it can, if enough people will sign up and start using it.

I was thinking, since DNotes already has great features, what would motivate more people to start using it... One of my thoughts wandered to Cashback again. It is basically a "society" when people get rewarded for buying. What does it have to do with DNotes? Well nothing, but it is one direction I have been thinking at. What, if we (with great help of connections from HERo) could build similar "society", with DNotes as key mean of payment? It should not be too hard to attract customers with proper business model.

For example. Let's say that we have a Seller who is selling an Item. Item is priced 50$, BUT if he pays in DNotes, he would get it for let's say equivalent of 45$? Or he would still pay the price (in DNotes) of 50$, but 5$ (again in DNotes) would go to his "Bonus" account and he could use that bonus for further purchases. That seems pretty good motivation for me Wink And yes the rewards could of course be lesser, I tok 10% for easier presentation.

That is on a customer side. Now, at the other side there would be bigger and harder task to convince sellers to add DNotes as payment method and give customer discount for paying with it. One possible benefit would be user base...that by doing so they would get some free ads and access to DNotes community. The other benefit would be that early sellers could in that way (by people paying them in DNotes) get a lot of DNotes, which would in time with bigger adoption increase in value, and also they would get a CRISP reward for it. So early adopters would have double benefit. Well if that is legally possible, I do not know what would happen with taxes etc. in that case. But with come creative accounting I believe that is not impossible obstacle to overcome.

Well that are just my thoughts in any case Smiley Maybe you will find some sense in it, or maybe not, but still, I believe that ideas are always welcome and that if community cooperate and bring ideas together eventually something can come out of it  Smiley
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 04:31:54 AM

Greek Council of State Upholds Justice Minister’s Decision on Vinnik Extradition

https://dcebrief.com/greek-council-of-state-upholds-justice-ministers-decision-on-vinnik-extradition/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 04:40:09 PM

Hey Amadeus,

Hi again  Cheesy

I absolutely agree, DNotes has great features...but it is still not widely known, recognised and used. So, it seems that one part of the equation is still missing. We still need some catalyst for mass adoption. Can HERo be the one? I personally think it can, if enough people will sign up and start using it.

I was thinking, since DNotes already has great features, what would motivate more people to start using it... One of my thoughts wandered to Cashback again. It is basically a "society" when people get rewarded for buying. What does it have to do with DNotes? Well nothing, but it is one direction I have been thinking at. What, if we (with great help of connections from HERo) could build similar "society", with DNotes as key mean of payment? It should not be too hard to attract customers with proper business model.

For example. Let's say that we have a Seller who is selling an Item. Item is priced 50$, BUT if he pays in DNotes, he would get it for let's say equivalent of 45$? Or he would still pay the price (in DNotes) of 50$, but 5$ (again in DNotes) would go to his "Bonus" account and he could use that bonus for further purchases. That seems pretty good motivation for me Wink And yes the rewards could of course be lesser, I tok 10% for easier presentation.

That is on a customer side. Now, at the other side there would be bigger and harder task to convince sellers to add DNotes as payment method and give customer discount for paying with it. One possible benefit would be user base...that by doing so they would get some free ads and access to DNotes community. The other benefit would be that early sellers could in that way (by people paying them in DNotes) get a lot of DNotes, which would in time with bigger adoption increase in value, and also they would get a CRISP reward for it. So early adopters would have double benefit. Well if that is legally possible, I do not know what would happen with taxes etc. in that case. But with come creative accounting I believe that is not impossible obstacle to overcome.

Well that are just my thoughts in any case Smiley Maybe you will find some sense in it, or maybe not, but still, I believe that ideas are always welcome and that if community cooperate and bring ideas together eventually something can come out of it  Smiley

I agree, HERo has great potential for being the catalyst to accelerate DNotes adoption.

As for the reward system, I like the idea, but the challenge would be who pays the reward and how do we protect the system against exploitation? If it were created as inflation directly from the blockchain, that would open a window for exploitation. Working with specific vendors individually who pay cashback would be limiting. A limited amount could be allocated from the DNotes team, but would involve some fairly complex systems and integrations in place to avoid mass exploitation. Not to say it can't or won't be done, but it would certainly be an idea I would consider only once we have significant funding and resources to support it.

DCEBrief

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:05:12 AM

H&R Block Reminds Customers to Report Crypto Dealings to IRS

https://dcebrief.com/hr-block-reminds-customers-to-report-crypto-dealings-to-irs/
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 02:13:50 AM

Hawaii Bill Would Allow State’s Banks to Provide Crypto Custody

https://dcebrief.com/hawaii-bill-would-allow-states-banks-to-provide-crypto-custody/
Amadeus82

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 10:49:04 PM

Hey Amadeus,

Hi again  Cheesy

I agree, HERo has great potential for being the catalyst to accelerate DNotes adoption.

As for the reward system, I like the idea, but the challenge would be who pays the reward and how do we protect the system against exploitation? If it were created as inflation directly from the blockchain, that would open a window for exploitation. Working with specific vendors individually who pay cashback would be limiting. A limited amount could be allocated from the DNotes team, but would involve some fairly complex systems and integrations in place to avoid mass exploitation. Not to say it can't or won't be done, but it would certainly be an idea I would consider only once we have significant funding and resources to support it.

You are right about exploitation. I know that there are many people out there who would try to exploit the system, so it should be done in a way, that it would be impossible to do it, or at least nearly impossible.

Taking that into account, I was thinking about working with specific vendors individually. Because if rewards would come from DNotes team, it would be too vulnerable to exploits. Or maybe option would be, that part of reward would come from vendor and on top of that a small percent from DNotes team.
Other idea would be working with vendors in a way that they would just give the discount those users which would pay with DNotes coin.

But yes, I believe that significant funding and resources would be needed for both of my ideas. Maybe you could use them in the future and implement them in some other form  Wink
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 08:34:22 PM

WEF Announces Global Consortium for Digital Asset Governance

https://dcebrief.com/wef-announces-global-consortium-for-digital-asset-governance/
Duncan.Idaho

Activity: 195
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 28, 2020, 06:56:06 AM

Hawaii Bill Would Allow State’s Banks to Provide Crypto Custody
https://dcebrief.com/hawaii-bill-would-allow-states-banks-to-provide-crypto-custody/

How difficult would it be for a few crypto-friendly investors to gain influential stake in a small market bank in a very small USA State?

#HASH# stupid! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5201006 
“shitcoin” season? 💩 =5204866 ▃▃  twits=5211117  layer=5214461
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 02:29:31 AM

Singapore’s Payment Services Act Now in Effect

https://dcebrief.com/singapores-payment-services-act-now-in-effect/
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 09:54:42 PM

Zermatt Becomes Second Swiss City to Accept Bitcoin Payments

https://dcebrief.com/zermatt-becomes-second-swiss-city-to-accept-bitcoin-payments/
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 01:34:35 AM

BOJ Deputy Governor: Bank Must be Prepared to Issue CBDC if Public Demand Rises

https://dcebrief.com/boj-deputy-governor-bank-must-be-prepared-to-issue-cbdc-if-public-demand-rises/
DCEBrief

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 11:43:58 PM

Accused Ethereum Dev Griffith Pleads Not Guilty to Sanctions-Related Charges

https://dcebrief.com/accused-ethereum-dev-griffith-pleads-not-guilty-to-sanctions-related-charges/
DCEBrief

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 10:14:40 PM

Cambodia’s Project Bakong to Go Live Within Next Few Months

https://dcebrief.com/cambodias-project-bakong-to-go-live-within-next-few-months/
Pages: « 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 [347] 348 349 350 351 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: