Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer s7 setup guide/advice  (Read 938 times)
daniyal (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:46:30 PM

Hey there,

Hope you guys are doing good,
I was thinking to start minning bitcoins with an antminer s7, I have got low electricity, free internet connection upto 3-4MB, A-C in the room 24-7 with other machines working to,

Its profitable to start with one miner?

Suggestions would be great to hear,
Also suggest some better machines or better ideas, ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 06:55:22 PM

Hey there,

Hope you guys are doing good,
I was thinking to start minning bitcoins with an antminer s7, I have got low electricity, free internet connection upto 3-4MB, A-C in the room 24-7 with other machines working to,

Its profitable to start with one miner?

Suggestions would be great to hear,
Also suggest some better machines or better ideas, ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

When you say "low electricity" what do mean?

Plug in your information and see for yourself what the costs will be and any potential profits will be with a mining calculator.
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

You may want to check out a few different calculators. Some give you more/better information than others. Combined, they will give you the big picture.

The speed of your internet connection is inconsequential. Mining is not internet intensive. Just need a stable internet connection.
Air conditioning may not be the issue. AC will be fine to cool off the room, but you REALLY need a way to vent the heat outside of the room. That is one of the most important, IMHO.

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
daniyal (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:33:08 AM

Plug in your information and see for yourself what the costs will be and any potential profits will be with a mining calculator.

You may want to check out a few different calculators. Some give you more/better information than others. Combined, they will give you the big picture.

The speed of your internet connection is inconsequential. Mining is not internet intensive. Just need a stable internet connection.
Air conditioning may not be the issue. AC will be fine to cool off the room, but you REALLY need a way to vent the heat outside of the room. That is one of the most important, IMHO.

Thanks for you opinion,
I meant "cheap electricity" there,
will work on venting the heat outside,

But is it profitable to start with just one miner nowadays on these conditions?
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:02:03 PM

Thanks for you opinion,
I meant "cheap electricity" there,
will work on venting the heat outside,

But is it profitable to start with just one miner nowadays on these conditions?

I have no way of answering that question if you don't say what your electric cost is. That was why I asked.
I don't care if you call it "low" or "cheap". What is the cost?

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: