Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:14:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bitfunder] TAT.ASICMINER New Micro-share Passthrough  (Read 11362 times)
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:24:57 AM

Hey TAT, when will the first dividends be passed?  What is our starting date?  Because DeadTerra's shares got the 5/2 div's.  Just wondering, thanks man.

Dividends will start right after the next time Friedcat issues them, which should be next Wednesday/Thursday.

I'm committed to passing that dividend to shareholders as quickly as possible, but please note that I have built in 48-hour padding to the contract just in case something unexpected slows me down.

Also, if Friedcat issues any extra "surprise" dividends, those will be passed on the same way.

How long have you held the shares?  I'm trying to figure out what they're worth from a valuation/pricing perspective to figure out how many more to buy and at what price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:54:32 AM

Hey TAT, when will the first dividends be passed?  What is our starting date?  Because DeadTerra's shares got the 5/2 div's.  Just wondering, thanks man.

Dividends will start right after the next time Friedcat issues them, which should be next Wednesday/Thursday.

I'm committed to passing that dividend to shareholders as quickly as possible, but please note that I have built in 48-hour padding to the contract just in case something unexpected slows me down.

Also, if Friedcat issues any extra "surprise" dividends, those will be passed on the same way.

How long have you held the shares?  I'm trying to figure out what they're worth from a valuation/pricing perspective to figure out how many more to buy and at what price.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I've held some of the shares longer than others  Smiley

I'd suggest taking a look at the whole market and where you think it is going to assess the value, as it will surely fluctuate. Also, the fact that these shares are fractional may or may not lead to them going at a premium, but other factors might offset that too. My suggestion is to have a plan for your BTC, a projection for dividends, a projection for share value, and a decision about how long you intend to hold your shares based on that factor.

Right now the price is untested and will likely move some before it settles. Even I'm not 100% sure what to buy and sell shares for this week, but generally I take comfort in the fact that AM continues to surprise and appease the bitcoin community. This is quite evident by the mood in the official AM thread.

All of these things not only affect value in general, but the value in relation to YOUR portfolio.
jjdub7

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:14:52 AM

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I've held some of the shares longer than others  Smiley

I'd suggest taking a look at the whole market and where you think it is going to assess the value, as it will surely fluctuate. Also, the fact that these shares are fractional may or may not lead to them going at a premium, but other factors might offset that too. My suggestion is to have a plan for your BTC, a projection for dividends, a projection for share value, and a decision about how long you intend to hold your shares based on that factor.

Right now the price is untested and will likely move some before it settles. Even I'm not 100% sure what to buy and sell shares for this week, but generally I take comfort in the fact that AM continues to surprise and appease the bitcoin community. This is quite evident by the mood in the official AM thread.

All of these things not only affect value in general, but the value in relation to YOUR portfolio.

So if the shares were issued yesterday, why aren't the holders getting yesterday's dividends?
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:58:17 AM

Because dividends were issued a whole day earlier.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 01:28:32 PM

So if the shares were issued yesterday, why aren't the holders getting yesterday's dividends?

divdends went out may 1st.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:28:47 PM

Thanks, Arklan.

The decision to go live after dividends was quite intentional. I did not want confusion.

Also, I figured if I waited til after,then maybe some people that already owned shares would have some loose coin to spend buying the new fractional shares Smiley
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:45:07 PM

Thanks, Arklan.

The decision to go live after dividends was quite intentional. I did not want confusion.

Also, I figured if I waited til after,then maybe some people that already owned shares would have some loose coin to spend buying the new fractional shares Smiley

in fact, this is exactly what i did. used my (1 share) dividend plus some of my mined btc to pick up 11 of your split shares. i fully intend to buy more as time allows. but first, an asic miner usb!

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
jjdub7

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:41:33 PM

Aye, okay, gotcha.  Anyone know what the average duration between AM payouts is then?  Assuming the PT will be the same over the long run.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:55:37 PM

So far, dividends have been paid weekly.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 03:05:43 PM

TAT.ASICMINER Dividends have been paid at 0.00010531 per share.

Thanks!
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

Damn, that was fast... I'm to late to buy Wink

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
tolan77

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:46:33 PM

This might not be doable, but the only thing keeping me from hopping all over these fractional shares is the lack of ability to transfer them back to real shares. I was wanting to use my small daily dividends to invest in these fractional ones until I had enough to turn in to 1-5 real shares. I could definitely understand a small fee to do so though.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:15:41 PM

This might not be doable, but the only thing keeping me from hopping all over these fractional shares is the lack of ability to transfer them back to real shares. I was wanting to use my small daily dividends to invest in these fractional ones until I had enough to turn in to 1-5 real shares. I could definitely understand a small fee to do so though.

tolan77, this is a feature we may consider adding the future, but your example leads to one of the reasons (there are a few other reasons too) that this service is not offered. Such a small transaction, if done by many people, becomes extremely time-consuming for me, and the other people facilitating the transfers. It would likely be most efficient for you to simply sell your shares and buy the ones you actually want.

At this time, I am reinvesting all BTC income to buying more AM shares, so importing of shares isn't really sensible yet.

This is a service I am regularly re-assessing, so stay tuned for news.

I will have several announcements about TAT Investments & TAT.ASICMINER updates this coming week as well, stay tuned.
tolan77

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

tolan77, this is a feature we may consider adding the future, but your example leads to one of the reasons (there are a few other reasons too) that this service is not offered. Such a small transaction, if done by many people, becomes extremely time-consuming for me, and the other people facilitating the transfers. It would likely be most efficient for you to simply sell your shares and buy the ones you actually want.

At this time, I am reinvesting all BTC income to buying more AM shares, so importing of shares isn't really sensible yet.

This is a service I am regularly re-assessing, so stay tuned for news.

I will have several announcements about TAT Investments & TAT.ASICMINER updates this coming week as well, stay tuned.
Yea I completely understand thus why I thought maybe a fee for your time could be appropriate but that would be hard to figure.Can definitely see what you're saying about people like me doing just 1-2 share transfers every week so maybe a 10-25 asicminer shares minimum or something with a fee of .25btc or so? Will definitely keep an eye on this thread though for future updates. Hopefully you can figure something out.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:12:53 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 03:42:16 PM by ThickAsThieves

TRANSPARENCY REPORT

1. Here is a link to Friedcat publically confirming that TAT Investments holds more shares than it has sold via our passthroughs: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199449.msg2132062#msg2132062

In the future, any shareholder can verify the quantity of shares held by checking the registered wallet blockchain.info here: https://blockchain.info/address/1rHfXj4AwH9zymwwJuXnbXLiDbAE9V1uz
You can then verify how many shares are held by looking for the most recent dividend confirmation payout from 16fuoinLFjBmiCYmCYDXPNfERJtdPB5ASe, the official ASICMINER address. The number of satoshi sent equals the number of shares held.

2. TAT Investments also may hold some whole-shares of BTCT.co's ASICMINER-PT asset. This quantity may fluctuate, but can be checked anytime by logging in and visiting this link: https://btct.co/portfolio/f7s2CQ==

3. TAT Investments may also hold some whole-shares of BitFunder.com's G.ASICMINER-PT asset. This quantity will also fluctuate, but can be checked by visiting this link and searching for the same wallet adddres, 1rHfXj4AwH9zymwwJuXnbXLiDbAE9V1uz, https://bitfunder.com/assetlist

TAT Investments never has, and never will hold less whole shares than it has sold via its own passthrough.

SECURITY REPORT

1. I can confirm that the emergency plan for a "dead man's switch" is fully implemented, and a full plan is in place should I be unavailable as operator for an extended period.
2. I can confirm that all accounts, wallets, and internal information of TAT Investments is secured with complex passwords, and that all accounts have 2-factor authentication enabled. This includes accounts on exchanges, e-mail addresses, and wallet access.

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the transparency or security of TAT Invesments' holdings, please feel free to ask any time!

NOTE: TAT Investments is currently the only passthrough provider that shares this level of transparency. It is our mission to set a new standard in bitcoin investments.
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:24:30 PM

I see some shares available as low as .01633 ... https://bitfunder.com/asset/TAT.ASICMINER
Morblias

Activity: 576

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:25:55 PM

Figured I would give this a try. I have never bought securities before, so we will see Smiley

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:29:43 PM

Figured I would give this a try. I have never bought securities before, so we will see Smiley

We'll take good care of you  Smiley
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:36:09 PM

Looking forward to this so I can take my G.ASICMINER-PT dividends and buy some of your split shares until I have enough for a full share.  Grin

This is a great way to use the asset. Buying the split shares allows for easy reinvestment, and thus compounded interest.
Please be careful with making misleading claims. There is no guarantee for dividends, thus compounding is the wrong terminology. Also reinvestment in this context is problematic, since the funds are not directed towards bitfountain. Instead shareholders automatically re-invest, whenever bitfountain decides to withhold earnings instead of paying dividends. Thus as a shareholder you have no control over reinvestment.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
ThickAsThieves (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:02:01 PM

Looking forward to this so I can take my G.ASICMINER-PT dividends and buy some of your split shares until I have enough for a full share.  Grin

This is a great way to use the asset. Buying the split shares allows for easy reinvestment, and thus compounded interest.
Please be careful with making misleading claims. There is no guarantee for dividends, thus compounding is the wrong terminology. Also reinvestment in this context is problematic, since the funds are not directed towards bitfountain. Instead shareholders automatically re-invest, whenever bitfountain decides to withhold earnings instead of paying dividends. Thus as a shareholder you have no control over reinvestment.

I appreciate your adding insight into the topic, but please do not paint my words as misleading. My prospectus and agreement with shareholders is quite clear that dividends are ultimately under the control of Friedcat and that this asset will mirror any changes in the underlying one.

Shareholders do have full ability to reinvest whatever earned dividends come their way, thus compounding their stake in ASICMINER, and increasing potential future dividends. I suppose this is slightly different than the typical situation someone would use the term "compounded interest", but I can't think of a more accurate way to put it at the moment... Roll Eyes

All investing comes with risk, and this one is no different. I simply provide another instrument for people to invest into this company, and this tool has it's own uses.

I have no desire to "trick" anyone or create any illusions of value. I'm simply providing a service.

Again, thank you for your insight, it is indeed important for people to have perspective about how they invest, and there are many factors at play. A smart investor factors as many of these data points as possible.

There is no such thing as easy money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: