Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about transaction fee  (Read 645 times)
ciripel1289 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:26:12 PM

Hello,
Please let me know more information about the transaction fee.
Who pays the transaction fee?
I use the Ubiq alternative currency (UBQ) in the following example:
If for example I post on bittrex that I want to sell 4ubq 1ubq = 0.00015558BTC is not the transaction fee higher than the amount sold?
If I have 0BTC in the bittrex account where from where is the transaction fee taken?
If I sell UBQ I pay the UBQ transfer fee in UBQ and the buyer in BTC?
How does the UBQ blockchain interact with the BTC blockchain for the transaction fee?

Thank you.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:32:02 PM

Hello,
If for example I post on bittrex that I want to sell 4ubq 1ubq = 0.00015558BTC is not the transaction fee higher than the amount sold?
If I have 0BTC in the bittrex account where from where is the transaction fee taken?
How does the UBQ blockchain interact with the BTC blockchain for the transaction fee?

Thank you.
You confused the exchange commission with transaction fees mate, and when you are trading with BTC pair with ubq you both are paying the exchange site a small percentage as their commission in BTC.
ciripel1289 (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 08:49:13 PM

Hello,

Thank you.
You confused the exchange commission with transaction fees mate, and when you are trading with BTC pair with ubq you both are paying the exchange site a small percentage as their commission in BTC.

So when I sell 4 UBQ from bittrex UBQ address there is not transaction fee either for me or the buyer?
There is only the commission from the bittrex site? So how do bitcoin appear in my BTC address? The miners are not payed for this exchange?
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 10:44:24 PM

So when I sell 4 UBQ from bittrex UBQ address there is not transaction fee either for me or the buyer?
Yes this is not a transaction fee that is only commission fee.
When you transferring funds from the other source theirs will be a transaction fee , for example you have UBQ in bittrex and you want to transfer your UBQ into your UBQ personal wallet theirs will be a transaction fee for this that will deduct to your UBQ current balance.

There is only the commission from the bittrex site?
Yes if you trading only but if you want to transfer your funds to your personal wallet theirs wil be a transaction fee.

So how do bitcoin appear in my BTC address?
Just withdraw it.

The miners are not payed for this exchange?
Nope , miners payed by reward if they mined a block their will be a reward.They including only the transaction after they got a block the transaction that they include it will got a confirmation.
ePesoInitiative

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:47:25 PM

The exchanges are traditional exchanges. All activities are done in their database - no crypto technology except the wallets.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: