Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: xCrowd dot co dot UK  (Read 5342 times)
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:02:27 PM

Yes but they outsourced everything and only produced runs of 500. So you have deign elements to factor in, time involved, PCB costs and manufacture, case manufacture, logistics etc. that can be costly at such small runs. Although completed once it become cheaper.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

Also, you may not be familiar with the UK. If they were based in tech hubs like Cambridge, Loughborough or Cranfield then that would offer more weight, but Birmingham is not the epicentre of tech wizardry, although it is full of chancers. Not saying this guy is one, but request from him what he and his colleagues bring to the table aside supposedly 'tonnes of money'. Focus on where they've gained experience. Either bringing products to market or ASIC/FPGA/Chip development or both.

peetah (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:23:05 AM

They may be  (a) a scam (b) a PH/s solo mining threat (c) a new asic player that shares the love.

The fact that they're not actually scamming anything (yet) does warrant our attention. 1P is 3 million Avalon chips. Or 200,000 jalapenos. Neither Avalon nor BFL will be producing anything close.  Which means they're going for tech that is two generations ahead of current tech. Or they have a truckload of idle cash waiting to come in to the market.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Or he's a Brummie conartist that's talked himself out of his depth...

I'm not being funny I wish him all the best as I'm a decent guy, but I checked out his background and he's not convincing. His 'partners' abroad may tell a different story, but I don't know anything about them.

That said a ladies clothes reseller with some I.T. experience does not warrant blind faith.

And you were dumb to make that comment on the KNCminer thread. They have a legitimate background and even they may be a scam, but it's up to them to make a mistake.

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:59:47 AM

interestingly looks more like a tell tell sign of a ....
xcrowd

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 05:48:32 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 08:10:29 AM by xcrowd

I understand the skepticism surrounding any new ASIC developers or our Petahash release claim in our job post. I see it as a total waste of time trying to expostulate my personal lack of professional links to credentials in the semiconductor space as there aren't any but this is not an one man team.

We have not announced anything simply because we do not have a product yet. Furthermore, we do not plan to; until we have something of value that we can bring to the table.  - Once we do, we are happy to accept any requests for third party verification.

However the issue with the logo used and our domain does merit an honest response from us since that could result in some confusion on who we are. We are in the process of acquiring the .com domain which includes the logo that we used in our job post. Unfortunately due to some "unknown" reason the price of the domain increased two folds when we displayed interest in the domain. Confident that we could negotiate it down directly with the owner on Linkedin we used the logo for the post which was rather negligent of us in the first place. We have now stopped using the logo until we acquire the full rights to it.

To get back to the main subject; we cannot disclose much since the NDA terms are being written up now. However I can say that we are not primarily an ASIC developer, but we will be focusing on a larger project surrounding the Bitcoin ecosystem and it's fundamental architecture (look out for Project Satoko). The project will be open source based but will be supported by xCrowd through milestone prizes in ASIC mining units.

Again, I cannot disclose much in regards to our chip performance or time to market, but we will be aiming to be competitive within a 20x current network hash environment through the use of advanced process nodes and IP cores.

We will not be using any customer funds for NRE or production and all sales will be through an escrow with available payment plans if attainable. In other words, we do not see a cent until the product is in your hands.

We are not seeking any investments at the moment nor do we see this forum as the best setting for such requests.

We are currently recruiting in the Bay area; which is where we will be based once things get a little bit more solid. Unfortunate for those in Birmingham but if you are interested and based in North California or Guangdong China then don't hesitate to reach out.
peetah (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:05:56 AM

Having established that you're probably not (a) a scam, then are you going to be a (b) solo mining behemoth?  Or a (c) party favorite that shares the love somewhat cheaply with the masses?

It will be easier to recruit if you let people know your ballpark strategy.
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

Having established that you're probably not (a) a scam, then are you going to be a (b) solo mining behemoth?  Or a (c) party favorite that shares the love somewhat cheaply with the masses?

And the terrible question: What's the ETA?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:57:49 PM

Sounds good, too good, but if there's no risk my end, then I'm all ears.

Will you be distruibuting in the UK as well? Being based here, you know how much fun it is importing high value items from the States.

Our customs and excise are particularly forgetful at alerting you when it comes to their ransom demands...

pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:35:13 AM

since when do people not understand you make much more money selling mining hardware than mining yourself. Is the concept of simple math that hard?

pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:38:23 AM

Here is the email with xcrowd. Again wait for their official announcement none of this means anything.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately there is not much that we are able to disclose at the moment due to NDA complications and the fact that it is still an ongoing development.

However I am able to inform you that we are aiming for highly competitive products that we assume will be released in a PH/s range network or 30x current difficulty.

Although we have the resources to get to market as soon as possible,  it would still take at least 5-6 months when working on 28nm ASIC designs and 3d packaging ip cores.

To answer your other question; our sub $1, 000 products will be in the same range of hashing power as Avalon and BFL current releases.

Our main target at the moment will be to produce products that will return a ROI in 30-45 days depending on the network.

Please do keep a look out for further updates from us within the next couple of months.

Kind regards,

Abdi Mahamud

Hi,

I know you guys are in stealth mode read your profile on angel list. I just read your job posting on bitcointalk also.
I'm not an engineer just offering some advice on how you can succeed.

First, the no pre order route is great! As people are very weary about giving pre orders again; so is the devices under $1000.

Now the big problem here is, what will be offered for under $1,000? What kind of GH? Most likely I'm assuming FPGA's and that right there is DOA nobody will want them anymore.

Honestly with the competition the way it is you will need to offer a minimum of 50GH/sec at the $1000 or lower mark if you want to succeed. This is assuming your timeframe being far out into end of summer or later, as you are still hiring developers.

By that time if you aren't offering 250GH or 500GH for around $5,000 whether through multiple devices or just 1 device, I don't think you will get very far with the crop of competitors popping up.

Also. don't forget communication with the community, under promise and over deliver in every statement that you make.

Any info you can share with me would be great.

Thanks
xcrowd

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:59:58 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 02:36:36 AM by xcrowd

And the terrible question: What's the ETA?

Hi

I think this was mentioned previously but our end goal would be to use the funds from the post sales of our unannounced products to further fund our main start-up (xCrowd) and support the bitcoin eco-system and infrastructure through prizes for development projects. Projects such as a decentralised, truly anonymous exchange communications protocol based on current open source projects such as "Open transactions" and "Buttercoin" (Project Satoko Coin).

We will most likely discontinue manufacturing ASIC units after the first batch in order to focus on xCrowd, but we will be continuing support for the products released for the guarantee or support period announced.

ETA: In the words of our competitor.

BFL_Josh: "Originally Posted by swissminer 
it is done when it is done..

All jokes aside; we have got nothing solid to announce at the moment and we'd rather not get burned the same way as BFL. Time to market is crucial to us but we'd rather focus on the value proposition of our products when we are able to ship them.
xcrowd

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:15:00 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 09:27:54 PM by xcrowd

Will you be distruibuting in the UK as well? Being based here, you know how much fun it is importing high value items from the States.

Our customs and excise are particularly forgetful at alerting you when it comes to their ransom demands...

It sounds too good to be true for those having to witness the dozens of scams, results and offerings from the current providers on this forums. Bitcoin in general has matured beyond the makeshift operations of it's past and we don't plan to regress back towards them in any way.

p.s. We hope to be able to ship to most non US sanctioned or embargoed countries, but please keep an eye out for the actual official announcement as we have not completed the due diligence on the logistics side.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:17:38 PM

It sounds too good to be true for those having to witness the dozens of scams, performance and offerings from the current providers on this forums. Bitcoin in general has matured beyond the makeshift operations of it's past and we don't plan to regress back towards them in any way.

p.s. We hope to be able to ship to most non US sanctioned or embargoed countries, but please keep an eye out for the actual official announcement as we have not completed the due diligence on the logistics side.

Lol, don't think the UK's embargoed just yet, but Cameron's touting in NYC as I type, so he's working on it!! Grin

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

In America, selling or doing business under the name "Abdi Mahamud" will be detrimental to sales for obvious reasons.
Why would someone decide to wait 6 or 7 months to purchase a product we could get in less than 90 days ordering from KNC?

#1 no credentials
#2 no facility
#3 no employees
#4 no experience
#5 no updates for over a month

am I missing something here?
How do you expect anyone to even consider your "dream" as a company?
You'd better go back, and sharpen your pencil.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
RayG

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 03:49:42 AM

Believe it if you like:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQ4H2AFCcAAkvR3.png:large
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 04:42:39 AM

Uh, well I guess if you have enough money you could make this happen.  Those cases look way over designed, since no one cares what this stuff looks like.

Also setting prices now for stuff that's not going to be out until early next year is kind of crazy.  We have no idea what the difficulty will be at that point in time and these prices might be impossibly high.

eve

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:38:14 AM

They dont mean a PH/sec product they meant network difficulty being PH/sec when they release a product. Dont be surprised if they can out compete ORsoc, who has the most money wins.

If they are capable of putting out ASIC products without pre orders they are far more competitive than KNC in my opinion.

They don't need pre orders and has the lowest price per gh/s. Who can beat that?? Butterfly, Avalon and Knc took a ton of pre order money.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: