Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: xCrowd dot co dot UK  (Read 5342 times)
peetah (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:50:50 PM

Amidst their odd call for rockstar help, I think most people missed the big picture. They may be late to the party, but when you're bringing in P sized hashing power, you won't be considered late for another seven months.

Whether it's a scam or a party crasher or the guy who delivers the Pizzas that everybody is waiting for, it's still worthwhile to watch this space. Especially since they're not asking for preorder. Or equity investment. Which is refreshingly out of place these days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:53:59 PM

mmm its nothing more than a holding site...

come back when there is actually a scam to poke fun at Cheesy
th3joker

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:10:16 PM

That's less than 20m miles from me lets see what they come up with I can always visit to verify!!
pizza

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:53:57 PM

I emailed them and let me say they seem the most refreshing and forward thinking company out of all ASIC companies. Their product specs are based on ROI which is a genius strategy. They can never be late as whatever difficulty the network is at that time they will have the coresponding specs for a 1-2month ROI.

Wont be wasting my money on anything else until a company like them comes out where you can purchase and not pre order.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:28:50 PM

Just had a brief look on the web and apologies for assuming devil's advocate but...

On their call for a developer they have used a particular logo that can be found at https://www.namerific.com/xcrowd, but not xcrowd.co.uk which is why they claim their site to be. Yet xcrowd.com is currently for sale for on namerific for US $10.5k?!

Is that how they plan to raise initial funding?? It's seems bizarre, unless they've ripped off the logo to not want to keep the more valuable internationally recognised commercial .com, over the UK specific .co.uk.

I'm sure there's a reasonable excuse if genuine, just weird that they have adopted the same logo and/or want to sell the more valuable domain.

Also what's with the San Francisco connection?  https://angel.co/xcrowd

Again I'm UK based and can check them out in future of they are open to indepependant third party verification for the sake of the community.

Wish them the best of luck if they are sincere, A.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:05:49 PM

Just had a brief look on the web and apologies for assuming devil's advocate but...

On their call for a developer they have used a particular logo that can be found at https://www.namerific.com/xcrowd, but not xcrowd.co.uk which is why they claim their site to be. Yet xcrowd.com is currently for sale for on namerific for US $10.5k?!

Is that how they plan to raise initial funding?? It's seems bizarre, unless they've ripped off the logo to not want to keep the more valuable internationally recognised commercial .com, over the UK specific .co.uk.

I'm sure there's a reasonable excuse if genuine, just weird that they have adopted the same logo and/or want to sell the more valuable domain.

Also what's with the San Francisco connection?  https://angel.co/xcrowd

Again I'm UK based and can check them out in future of they are open to indepependant third party verification for the sake of the community.

Wish them the best of luck if they are sincere, A.

Probably venture capital, california is still the tech hub for start ups
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:08:36 PM

Would a Ph/s - something that vast not put them in the realm of centralisation and be a -ive for the community?!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:26:44 PM

Also, and he maybe a verified investor on Angel.co, but he has no prior investment experience there, my gut is not backing this as confidently as you Pizza. He's currently no competition to ORSoC or the open source community;

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/servicebox

Still I'd like to see someone in the UK make a viable product.

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

They dont mean a PH/sec product they meant network difficulty being PH/sec when they release a product. Dont be surprised if they can out compete ORsoc, who has the most money wins.

If they are capable of putting out ASIC products without pre orders they are far more competitive than KNC in my opinion.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:42:11 PM

Huh Well are they? how on earth do you know they are? From one email with the guy? He has nothing of reasonable significance available on the web. He's had some IT experience and runs a Muslim women's fashion label, that's it. Oh and he may, or may not have some connections in Boston and San Francisco, but chooses to recruit from the UK?!

And no he who has the most money does not win. BFL are currently sitting on bucket loads of the stuff and they got smacked by a graduate, Yifu Guo, with Asian tech links forged from university; Avalon.

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:52:30 PM

Huh Well are they? how on earth do you know they are? From one email with the guy? He has nothing of reasonable significance available on the web. He's had some IT experience and runs a Muslim women's fashion label, that's it. Oh and he may, or may not have some connections in Boston and San Francisco, but chooses to recruit from the UK?!

And no he who has the most money does not win. BFL are currently sitting on bucket loads of the stuff and they got smacked by a graduate with Asian tech links forged from university; Avalon.

Not anytime soon, probably a 6-7mo timeline as with everybody else. True they could be incompetent like BFL, but their response about their product vision seemed far from it.

The only reason i say they are ahead in my book compared to KNC is that they wont require pre orders and the strategy of their products. Yes this is based from an email from xcrowd but so is my information of KNC.

Im not saying KNC is bad, I think knc is very good too, its just xcrowds go to market strategy and business development strategy sounded better to me.

End of the day we will have to wait and see.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:56:07 PM

Dude you just called out bot ORSoC and KNC on the KNCminer thread as being scammers due to some inside info from your uncle...and now your saying you don't know?

Which is it? Either you know something and you can back it up, or that recent outburst was bs.

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:56:56 PM

Dude you just called out bot ORSoC and KNC on the KNCminer thread as being scammers due to some inside info from your uncle...and now your saying you don't know?

Which is it? Either you know something and you can back it up, or that recent outburst was bs.

That was a joke....
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

Do you want to clear that up before you harm their reputation without justifiable cause kid?

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:59:41 PM

Do you want to clear that up before you harm their reputation without justifiable cause kid?

I did
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:04:22 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2013, 09:23:06 PM by Bitcoinorama

Okay, so back on track. You emailed this guy who detailed his plan to produce without pre-ordering.

So rather than build a monster rig for himself he wants to bring high-spec low cost mining rigs to the community for under a grand, less than the bulk chip cost. That's very kind of him, do you wish to detail the email response and let us know what he said ad how he plans to realise this vision of fair low cost mining whilst make a proft for himself?

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:55:49 PM

Okay, so back on track. You emailed this guy who detailed his plan to produce without pre-ordering.

So rather than build a monster rig for himself he wants to bring high-spec low cost mining rigs to the community for under a grand, less than the bulk chip cost. That's very kind of him, do you wish to detail the email response and let us know what he said ad how he plans to realise this vision of fair low cost mining whilst make a proft for himself?

You make much more stable money selling devices than mining yourself do some simple math. 10,000 units x $5,000 for say a high end unit. $50,000,000 id take that anyday than mining myself where there isnt even liquidity to sell your bitcoin.

I will email them and ask them if its ok to post the email out of courtesy, and will post it later if ok.

I also think we are over exaggerating the costs of the hardware excluding development cost because of greedy companies like avalon who is probably selling their units for 10000% profit.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 09:57:59 PM

Ok look, if these were powerhouses that justify their cost to consumer when the hashrate is as high as you claim, then after cost to manufacture how much of that $5k per unit do they see?

No doubt Avalon are marking up significantly.

pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:00:07 PM

Ok look, if these were powerhouses that justify their cost to consumer when the hashrate is as high as you claim, then after cost to manufacture how much of that £5k per unit do they see?

Probably alot, avalon 1st batch was $1,300 probably chip cost at high volume is $200 per unit. Say they make 2.5k a unit thats still a hefty profit
pizza

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:01:42 PM

Imagine even a 1k profit thats still $10mil in profit alright be back later will post info if they say its ok
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: