Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will the LTC/BTC exchange rate be after the first 24 hours of trading on Gox?
lower than .03
higher than .03
higher than .05
higher than .1
higher than .2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTC/BTC rate after the first 24 hours of trading on Gox. [POLL]  (Read 2374 times)
bitcoiners (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:14:00 PM

I'm not looking to start an argument about Litecoins or Bitcoins.  LTC is going to Gox as can be seen here: https://mtgox.com/pdf/20130424_ddos_statement_and_faq.pdf

I would like to know what you think the exchange rate will be after the first 24 hours of trading on Gox.

BTW, the LTC/BTC exchange rate is currently trading around .03.

Cheers.

P.S. I easily see it at .05.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:23:55 PM

Why are you investing in a copypaste coin based on btc?

the only diference is that ltc cant be mined in asics (maybe in the future)

and that and confirm times are 2.5mins (less secure, and needs more confirmations), do you think that the 10mins confirmation time was choosen randomly by satoshi?

and the silver to gold, as litcoin to bitcoin doesn't make any sence, bitcoin is divisible by 8 decimals, and gold is not.
bitcoiners (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:27:24 PM

and that and confirm times are 2.5mins (less secure, and needs more confirmations), do you think that the 10mins confirmation time was choosen randomly by satoshi?

and the silver to gold, as litcoin to bitcoin doesn't make any sence, bitcoin is divisible by 8 decimals, and gold is not.

Save these arguments for another thread, there are many of them.  I'm asking your opinion on the exchange rate.  Did you vote?
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 03:28:58 PM

I think this an unfair question, he's made a poll, not asking for people to take sides.

Edit: I voted for the most popular answer.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
bitcoiners (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:36:59 PM

I think this an unfair question, he's made a poll, not asking for people to take sides.

Edit: I voted for the most popular answer.

Thank you and thanks for your vote!

Cheers
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:37:49 PM

depending on when LTC will be supported in gox actually.
Nikolaj06

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:57:04 PM

I hate how it's LTC/BTC, which essentially means (where I'm from) LTC per BTC, which would be the inverse of what it is said on BTC-E.. It confuses me every time..
In other words, the current rate of 0.03179 is the amount of BTC you need to pay per LTC, right? therefore it's BTC/LTC and not LTC/BTC which would be 1/0.03179 or 31.46..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:01:55 PM

I hate how it's LTC/BTC, which essentially means (where I'm from) LTC per BTC, which would be the inverse of what it is said on BTC-E.. It confuses me every time..
In other words, the current rate of 0.03179 is the amount of BTC you need to pay per LTC, right? therefore it's BTC/LTC and not LTC/BTC which would be 1/0.03179 or 31.46..

BTC-E has it correct as far as I can tell:

BTC/USD ($127.84 right now) - so one BTC would equal $127.84
LTC/USD ($4.08) - one LTC equals $4.08
LTC/BTC (0.03) - so one LTC equals 0.03 of a BTC
chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:04:55 PM

BTC-E has it correct as far as I can tell:

BTC/USD ($127.84 right now) - so one BTC would equal $127.84
LTC/USD ($4.08) - one LTC equals $4.08
LTC/BTC (0.03) - so one LTC equals 0.03 of a BTC

Your logic makes sense, but I agree with the other guy. Typically units are written as km/hour which means kilometers per hour which if the number was 100 would mean 100 kilometers per hour.

LTC/BTC would be interpreted as Litecoins per Bitcoin, which should be 30 something not 0.03.

*shrugs* These are just conventions I guess.
Derrickc

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:07:12 PM

Current 0.03 seems manipulated up from previous 0.02 steady state, probably in anticipation of MtGox. There's a risk holders who "bought the rumor" will "sell the news"
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:35:57 PM

Current 0.03 seems manipulated up from previous 0.02 steady state, probably in anticipation of MtGox. There's a risk holders who "bought the rumor" will "sell the news"

Read your news sources Smiley

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

Save these arguments for another thread, there are many of them.  I'm asking your opinion on the exchange rate.  Did you vote?
+1

>0.5 - see it spike to over $50 fiat then find an equal (post crash)- then steady climb.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

Currency pairs are always written this way. The currency on the left is always 1, so:

1 LTC = 0.03 BTC
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:20:47 PM

I voted for higher than 0.03 because I don't want to get my hopes up!

If we see around $10 equivalent, I will be very happy. Any more and I will be ecstatic Grin
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:50:14 PM

Your logic makes sense, but I agree with the other guy. Typically units are written as km/hour which means kilometers per hour which if the number was 100 would mean 100 kilometers per hour.

LTC/BTC would be interpreted as Litecoins per Bitcoin, which should be 30 something not 0.03.

*shrugs* These are just conventions I guess.

lol why would you try to apply mathemtical notation to currency pairs?
forex has been using this notation forever

and why do random bitcointalk members think that they know better than the actual exchanges?

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:16:36 PM

I think 0.15, than it will fall to 0.7 where it will be stable for a while.

So voted >0.1

Don't know if this will be within the first 24h tho

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 10:19:24 PM

+1

>0.5 - see it spike to over $50 fiat then find an equal (post crash)- then steady climb.
And I thought, I was an optimist  Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
bitcoiners (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 02:28:03 AM

You must live in backwards-world!  I do hope one day it is BTC/LTC but um no... You are wrong.  Sorry.

Thanks all for the votes...  Keep 'em coming!

Cheers!
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:00:10 AM

Litecoin indirectly inflates Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: