Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone able to get money back from bitfloor?  (Read 909 times)
xxyyzz (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

I have more than $4000 locked up in my bitfloor account after they shut down two weeks ago. Is there still any hope that I can get my money back?

I emailed their support several days ago about setting up ACH deposit to withdraw my money and got no response. I start to worry that I will never get my money back..

I am a newbie and can only post here. Please help me post to other proper boards. Thank you!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4680

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:36:11 PM

According to their website, they are waiting on receiving a check from their previous bank.  That announcement went up on 2013-04-20 and stated that they expect to have the check in 10 days.  It isn't clear if that means "working days" or "calendar days".  If "calendar days", then they should have received the check yesterday and should be arranging payments for everyone soon.  If "working days", then they may not have the check until this Friday.

Either way, if I haven't seen a useful update by Monday, I'll be concerned.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:43:10 PM

Either way, if I haven't seen a useful update by Monday, I'll be concerned.

It's been 12 days since their last notice and not s single peep out of anybody from Bitfloor. No email responses. Nothing. Time to be concerned.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:33:33 PM

Updates have been posted to their twitter account as recently as April 23 (8 days ago) and to their website as recently as April 20 (8 "business days" ago).  I agree that more frequent updates would be preferred, but I'll hold off on panicking until Monday.
xxyyzz (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 11:57:17 AM

Here is their latest update:

"2013.05.01 We are still waiting to hear back from the bank regarding our remaining account balance."

It is good that they posted some update. But what does it mean that they are still waiting to hear back from the bank? They said on their 04/20 post that the bank has issued them a check for the remaining account balance. Are they trying to tell us that they didn't receive the check yet? I am confused.  Undecided
zanykokoa

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:29:52 PM

Hope you get your money back.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 04:12:44 PM

I am confused.  Undecided

ok.... NOW is it time to be concerned?

10 days ago: the bank has issued us a check for our remaining account balance and we will have it in 10 days

10 days later: we are still waiting to HEAR from the bank? about the remaining account balance?

does anybody have the Benny Hill theme song I can listen to while I try to reconcile these two official statements?

starting to look like we're being take for a ride
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:57:36 PM

I am confused.  Undecided
ok.... NOW is it time to be concerned?

You are welcome to be concerned whenever you like.

As I've already stated, "I'll hold off on panicking until Monday".
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

so.. you're not 'concerned' .. you're 'confused'.. and on Monday you're gonna skip the whole 'concerned' nonsense and jump straight to 'panicked' .. gottit, you're a word mincer Wink

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:08:38 PM

so.. you're not 'concerned' .. you're 'confused'.. and on Monday you're gonna skip the whole 'concerned' nonsense and jump straight to 'panicked' .. gottit, you're a word mincer Wink

Word Mincer?

WTF are you talking about?

I'm not concerned.
I'm not confused.
I'm not panicked.

I never said I was I was concerned, panicked, or confused.

Depending on what is said and done by BitFloor between now and Monday, I'll decide how I'll handle the situation.  You are welcome to handle it however you like.

I'm not sure why you were asking for permission to be concerned.  If you want to be concerned, go ahead and be concerned.  I'll continue to be patient.

I think I've made it pretty clear in this thread that, given what we've been told so far by BitFloor, my patience will last until at least Monday.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 07:27:57 PM

I'm not concerned.
I'm not confused.
I'm not panicked.

Sorry I guess I mistakenly attributed another user's comment to you.. my bad  Lips sealed

But if you say you're not concerned then you either didn't have any money tied up, or it wasn't enough to warrant concern, or you're too wealthy to be concerned about money, or you're a liar, or you don't understand what concern means.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 07:31:03 PM

You know what fucking annoys me the most about this whole fucking thing? As a rule I NEVER would have had that much USD in my account under normal circumstances, but when Roman tipped his friends  off ahead of time that he was shutting down it created a huge bitcoin buying demand by those lucky few getting rid of their USD at whatever price possible, drove the price way up, smart traders like me, having no idea what was about to happen, saw this spike rising and took advantage of the demand and I did what I NEVER do and I sold a nice big chunk of BTC. I forget what it was, like 20BTC I think and planned to buy back in as soon as the price stabilized.. but no sooner than I sold my coin and before I even had a chance to create a buy order Bitfloor halts trading and Im sitting here with $4k USD in my account ... I NEVER HAVE THAT MUCH USD IN MY FUCKING ACCOUNT.

There is so much shady suspicious bullshit going on here it makes sick that I ever felt any sort of trust for that fucking criminal.
xxyyzz (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:58:36 PM

Still nothing happens... no response no refund...
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

Still nothing happens... no response no refund...

Send a PM to Audenx

Tell Audenx how much you are owed and give your email and tell him/her that you would like to be put on the information mailing list.

There is new information from Bitfloor's lawyer about what is going on.

Also read the last couple pages of this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179135
xxyyzz (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:34:29 PM

Thank you so much for your info, SpottedMarley.

I've sent Audenx a message. Hope we all get back our money!
loourr

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:08:44 AM

So has anyone received their money yet? This was posted on the bitfloor home page 4 days short of a month ago

"We have received the check and are working on a way to start returning funds. We do not yet have an ETA, but understand everyone is anxious to get their money back and we are trying to make that happen as quickly as possible."

I had $1200 on my bitfloor account and I've yet to get it back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: