Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My IP is banned?  (Read 2085 times)
bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:53:04 PM

Hello,
It's been some days I cannot access to bitcointalk with my real IP address, it says it is banned and I don't understand why.
Could you unban it?
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:01:10 AM

Hello,
It's been some days I cannot access to bitcointalk with my real IP address, it says it is banned and I don't understand why.
Could you unban it?
Thank you.

You probably had another sock puppet which was banned for spamming/trolling.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 10:11:21 AM

Do you use a VPN?
bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:49:36 PM

Do you use a VPN?
Currently I do, otherwise I am unable to access to this forum.
I had to register with a VPN also because my IP was already banned before I got to know this forum, it says "You are banned for trolling".
I can send you my real IP that is banned (it is not dynamic), I don't know if it's safe to post it there or should I send you a PM.

You probably had another sock puppet which was banned for spamming/trolling.
I recently changed my service provider and probably the person who had this IP before was banned, I also had that problem with another website where my IP was banned as well.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:01:07 PM

Are you Swiss? Because I see you talking a lot of french and what I see very often in my forum is Swiss users coming in from the same IAP node (basically acting as a proxy), so if one banned that node's IP one would often also ban innocent users as collateral damage.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:06:56 PM

Are you Swiss? Because I see you talking a lot of french and what I see very often in my forum is Swiss users coming in from the same IAP node (basically acting as a proxy), so if one banned that node's IP one would often also ban innocent users as collateral damage.
Yep, that could be the case here.
bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:01:32 PM

Not Swiss but French  Wink
Maybe is it because of my new ISP, it is not a small one but I've head of similar problems with this provider, they used to address dynamic IPs and switched to static IPs.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:24:14 PM

IP banning=epic fail

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12982

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:24:29 PM

PM me the IP and the exact ban message you get.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

PM me the IP and the exact ban message you get.
PMed
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:17:31 AM

hi

i cant access from one computer

can you see what is going on there?

thanks
bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:24:49 PM

The situation is worsening, now when I go to bitcointalk with my true IP it says "webpage not available" on all browsers, it doesn't even load!
Tried to reboot the computer and tried to use my smartphone with my wifi connection (same IP as the computer) and it says that it cannot connect to the server WTF? However it works perfectly with a VPN or my 3G connection.
Is my ISP trying to censor bitcointalk?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

The situation is worsening, now when I go to bitcointalk with my true IP it says "webpage not available" on all browsers, it doesn't even load!
Tried to reboot the computer and tried to use my smartphone with my wifi connection (same IP as the computer) and it says that it cannot connect to the server WTF? However it works perfectly with a VPN or my 3G connection.

Someone hijacked the nameserver. It's in the process of being repaired.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
btc-escrow.co

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:52:13 PM

Site can be accessed for the time being through this link:

http://btc-escrow.co/ (click the forum button)

or

http://forum.btc-escrow.co (may not be live yet - can take upto 3 hours to go live)

It'll say something about the security error, but ignore it, its only because the ip address: 109.201.133.65 isn't the registered certificate owner, instead bitcointalk.org is

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:03:58 AM

It should be fixed some time ago - try flushing your DNS. And no, no one hijacked the nameserver.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:06:49 AM

It should be fixed some time ago - try flushing your DNS. And no, no one hijacked the nameserver.
It never stopped working for me. I must have mis-read something somewhere... what exactly happened, then?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
btc-escrow.co

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:08:17 AM

You may have missed it all Smiley

Lucky!

It was probably a mis-configuration in the DNS settings. Nothing major,
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 02:11:02 AM

It never stopped working for me. I must have mis-read something somewhere... what exactly happened, then?
Sirius forgot to re-point the nameservers to the correct server after changing registrars.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 02:14:59 AM

Sirius forgot to re-point the nameservers to the correct server after changing registrars.
lol... oops.

bitcoin_fanatic (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:01:07 PM

Problem solved, my IP was unbanned and NS work perfectly. Special thanks to theymos.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: