Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NULL  (Read 456065 times)
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:23:42 PM

Thanks for the replies so far, like TKN is your initial VISA access also being done through WaveCrest?

I assume you've already done a fair amount of work on the payment app itself, through Foris, if there's anything more you can show in terms of screenshots/video/other that's already been done that could be useful in terms of your ICO.

You talk about perfect interbank exchange rates. For the end user will they be able to get a better deal/rate at the ATM than using another service like TKN or will they be largely similar?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:08:01 PM

I really want a btc/eth debit card so I will be investing in this. I will check the ICO page tonight and see if I can buy some ETH over the next few days unless I can directly invest in BTC. I see the campaign so far is really rocking. Also the designs look really edgy, classy and sleek to say the least.  Smiley. I just joined slack.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:42:12 PM

I didn't invest in this project yet as don't have spare money in my wallet at the moment. If form somewhere I got will definitely put into this because I am waiting for the success of the project to order one visa card for me as well. I want control my funds using this kind of services to take withdraw directly from atm in future.
Ell- -Mine

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

What was the outcome with VISA ? did you put your ideas across at the innovation meeting ?
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:50:26 PM

Why not make a service and sell cards to users? Why you nead ICO? Look at Ledger and come up with a similar model of work.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬██

██████
█████
██╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

██╬█

█████
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:16:28 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 03:26:00 PM by unsoindovo

hi tokenmarket. 
Julien asked me to post my official request in this thread for Italian translation.
Glad to help!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Elei

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:17:22 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 12:27:59 PM by Elei

Reserved Russian and Spanish translation, julien asked me to post my official request in this thread
raves

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:26:39 PM

Hey there, very interesting project.

I would liek to reserve german and/or french translation.

Good day folks Smiley

Kubra Dam

Activity: 644
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 12:32:21 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 03:22:31 PM by Kubra Dam

Hi, Julien asked me to post my offical request in this thread.

Hereby, I would like to do Turkish translations and local community management.
endchat

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:26:52 AM

what exactly are Monaco tokens used for?

and will we be able to trade them on mainstream crypto exchanges?

I see you use the VISA brand a lot in your description. Is VISA onboard and why would VISA choose this token where many others have failed to partner with VISA?

Have these questions been answered?
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:52:25 AM

I see you use the VISA brand a lot in your description. Is VISA onboard and why would VISA choose this token where many others have failed to partner with VISA?

Nope, there was another thread commenting that the 'founders' have nothing regarding the monaco development on their linkedin though.  D:

enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:02:43 AM

Reserved Russian and Spanish translation, julien asked me to post my official request in this thread

Hello
I would like to reserve the Spanish translation.
Thanks.

Peyko

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:10:35 AM

Nope, there was another thread commenting that the 'founders' have nothing regarding the monaco development on their linkedin though.  D:

I checked their linkedIn and they have. If you look up the company in which they are all either employed or founding-members, then you will see: http://www.foris.co/

Hint: Foris limited is the company behind Monaco Card.
shewasfourteen

Activity: 686
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:44:45 AM

If you need someone for the german translation, pm me.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 08:01:21 AM

If you need Filipino translation, kindly reserve it for me.
Sulaco

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:09:23 AM

Hi Kris,

From you mona.co website, I found the Linkedin profiles from all your team members. Why are you the only one that has any mention at all of "Monaco", and no one else from the team mentions Monaco at all?? And in your Linkedin profile you only mention "Monaco" at the top, nothing under experience and no link to the Monaco website? Why is that? Is it because Monaco is a Scam??!!!
Hustleer

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 09:27:29 AM

"Hi Everyone,

I'm Kris - the founder of Monaco. Just opened an account on Bitcointalk to answer all the questions you may have regarding our company and the token sale.
We'll be posting a thread shortly...

I think we have to start by acknowledge, that:
- in hindsight, we should have had done a few weeks of pre-marketing to make a good first impression on the community
- we are late with even the basic stuff - like posting ANN on bitcointalk
- but at the same time, we are very happy with the results so far with our minimum being hit in under 2 hours and that we hit 10,000ETH milestone during the first 24 hours.
- we think since we had zero pre marketing ahead of ICO launch, the results are amazing and the only reason behind it is simply our product: people love the Monaco Card & App

In terms of addressing the single most common question: why only 1 day notice. It's actually pretty simple. The single thing that pushed us to launch ahead of our original July schedule was a competitor running towards an ICO with a 90% same value proposition (FX+crypto). Our CFO was at an event at VISA Innovation Centre in Singapore on 11th of May, where he ran into another founder, who basically told him what they're working on and that their ICO is going to launch in June. We made a judgement call to finish working on our ICO within a week and launch, then spend the next 30 days to gradually build exposure and increase our brand awareness, so everyone has plenty of time to get to know us and do their due diligence.

Naturally, we had no idea people would think this is a scam.
- we've been working on the product for almost 1 year
- we have very experienced team of entrepreneurs (I sold my previous business for US$21m in 2013, our CFO is ex-Mastercard)
- we have serious heavy-hitters on our Advisory Board from companies like AWS, VISA, Adyen, Emarsys

I guess to a certain extent it's a function of us not understanding how does this community think and operate. We're learning fast and we're committed to being open and transparent, so that everyone can have their questions answered. I will be here and on our ANN thread answering all the questions you may have. I also encourage those who find our project intriguing to join our slack channel: https://monaco-card.slack.com/ - it's growing steadily and is probably the most convenient way to get to know us personally.

One final note: the team is based in Hong Kong, so please note the time differences in case we don't respond instantly, it's probably middle of the night on our end.

Kris"

This is really sad. As an investor how can I invest in a company who doesnt know the industry?
Learning as you go is good but it also means mistakes are bound to happen. Major ones I think judging from whats happening now, poor judgement in launching the ICO without proper marketing and lack of knowledge in the community.
The damage is done. No one will trust your coin. Some of your employees on the webpage as so many people here on this thread pointed out are questionable due to the lack of representation of the Monaco company on their LinkedIn profile. At this point, your coin/token is very questionable.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:12:44 PM

This is really sad. As an investor how can I invest in a company who doesnt know the industry?
Learning as you go is good but it also means mistakes are bound to happen. Major ones I think judging from whats happening now, poor judgement in launching the ICO without proper marketing and lack of knowledge in the community.
The damage is done. No one will trust your coin. Some of your employees on the webpage as so many people here on this thread pointed out are questionable due to the lack of representation of the Monaco company on their LinkedIn profile. At this point, your coin/token is very questionable.

As far as I can tell they were working on a fairly unrelated payment app through Foris. Then they saw TKN raise circa $15 million in 30 minutes and thought 'hey we can do that' and decided to pivot into a crypto debit card on the front end.  Except for the payment app it seems largely a copy. However that doesn't mean it can't be successful because the CEO does have experience rapidly building high valuation companies and TKN has stalled a little post ICO.
xx63245613

Activity: 443

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:45:32 PM

After losing at tokencard,we dont trust anything like topic about payment card.What do you think?

▄▄
          ▄▄████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀████▄▄
    ▄▄████▀      ▀████▄▄
 ▄▄████▀            ▀███▀
████▀                  ▀  ▄▄
███                      ▄██
███                      ███
███   ███▄        ▄███   ███
███   █████▄    ▄█████   ███
███   ███▀███▄▄███▀███   ███
███   ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███
███   ███    ▀▀    ███   ███
███▄  ███          ███  ▄███
 ▀███▄███          ███▄███▀
   ▀█████          █████▀
     ▀███          ███▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀███
███████████▀▀▀      ███
█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
██▄         ▄█▀    ████
█████▄    ▄█▀      ████
████████▄█▀       █████
██████████  ▄     █████
██████████ ███▄  ██████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀██████
████ ▀███████     ▀▄███
████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
█████              ████
██████             ████
███████▄          █████
███████▀        ▄██████
███▀▀        ▄▄████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀███████
██████████▀     ███████
██████████   ██████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
████████       ████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀         ▀▀█████
███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███
██   ████▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀   ██
██  ███▀       ▀  █  ██
██  ██▀  █████  ▀██  ██
██  ██  ███████  ██  ██
██  ██▄  █████  ▄██  ██
██  ███▄       ▄███  ██
██   ████▄▄▄▄▄████   ██
███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███
█████▄▄         ▄▄█████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
██████████████▀████████
████████████▀ ▄ ▀  ▀███
███████████ ▄███▄  ▄███
███████████ ███████████
██▀  ▀█▀▀     ▀▀█▀  ▀██
██     ▄▄     ▄▄     ██
███▄  ████   ████  ▄███
████   ▀▀     ▀▀   ████
█████  ▀▄▄   ▄▄▀  █████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀███████████████████
███      ██████████████████
████▄▄▄▄███████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀██████
████    ██            █████
████    ██    ▄███▄    ████
████    ██    █████    ████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mrbates

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:23:53 PM

As far as I can tell they were working on a fairly unrelated payment app through Foris. Then they saw TKN raise circa $15 million in 30 minutes and thought 'hey we can do that' and decided to pivot into a crypto debit card on the front end.  Except for the payment app it seems largely a copy. However that doesn't mean it can't be successful because the CEO does have experience rapidly building high valuation companies and TKN has stalled a little post ICO.

I think they need to list monaco on their linkedin to help quell/ease investors minds atm.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 455 »
  Print  

Jump to: